PHILANTHROPIST OKOCHA MAKES MONSTER DONATION.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
PHILANTHROPIST OKOCHA MAKES MONSTER DONATION.

Post by 1naija »

According to a report posted here yesterday, Okocha temporarily donated a used Bolton Captains' arm band to the Super Eagles during the ANC. Ofcourse he took it back after the tournament , which is mind boggling to say the least. Anytime you think you have figured out Okocha, he does something completely unheard of. THis is ridiculous! If he knew he didn't want to donate the used arm band for good, why announce it to the press? I am appalled, flabbergasted, and completely dumb founded by this. I demand an investigation!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: PHILANTHROPIST OKOCHA MAKES MONSTER DONATION.

Post by 1naija »

You would think Shriners would have an explanation to this, but as usual they have run for cover.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

WHAT???????????? :shock: :shock:

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Are u this bored? I thot u were married :| :P
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
voodoo
Egg
Egg

Post by voodoo »

1naija wrote:According to a report posted here yesterday, Okocha temporarily donated a used Bolton Captains' arm band to the Super Eagles during the ANC. Ofcourse he took it back after the tournament , which is mind boggling to say the least. Anytime you think you have figured out Okocha, he does something completely unheard of. THis is ridiculous! If he knew he didn't want to donate the used arm band for good, why announce it to the press? I am appalled, flabbergasted, and completely dumb founded by this. I demand an investigation!

Of all that happened during the ANC you chose to have this investigated. Na wa o.
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

Speechless
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

If Okocha can donate his captain arm band but Adidas cnt provive Nigeria with a captain Arm band says alot about the Adidasdeal with NFA. It also says alot about our NFA who dont plan ahead.

Okocha, a true son of Nigeria.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Akure4Life wrote:If Okocha can donate his captain arm band but Adidas cnt provive Nigeria with a captain Arm band says alot about the Adidasdeal with NFA. It also says alot about our NFA who dont plan ahead.

Okocha, a true son of Nigeria.
Don't forget to add the word "temporarily" in front of "donate".
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

what more can one say? Isnt it the only man who knew about some "15 wasted freekicks" the author of this thread? Considering the fact that ANC was shown on worldwide TV and about 60% of freekicks shot by Oga went into the net, I'm not suprised that the only ammo left for the bankrupt UBA would be some stories of used captain's band. :mrgreen:
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:According to a report posted here yesterday, Okocha temporarily donated a used Bolton Captains' arm band to the Super Eagles during the ANC. Ofcourse he took it back after the tournament , which is mind boggling to say the least. Anytime you think you have figured out Okocha, he does something completely unheard of. THis is ridiculous! If he knew he didn't want to donate the used arm band for good, why announce it to the press? I am appalled, flabbergasted, and completely dumb founded by this. I demand an investigation!
My bro, I noticed Oga was using Bolton's Captain's Arm band and I was vexed big time. But I chose not to bring it up as it could have well been Adidas fault.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

PapaK wrote:what more can one say? Isnt it the only man who knew about some "15 wasted freekicks" the author of this thread? Considering the fact that ANC was shown on worldwide TV and about 60% of freekicks shot by Oga went into the net, I'm not suprised that the only ammo left for the bankrupt UBA would be some stories of used captain's band. :mrgreen:
here we go again with PapaK telling us 60% of JJ freekicks went into the net like we are all blind men watching the ANC2004. :( :( :(
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Guv007 wrote:
PapaK wrote:what more can one say? Isnt it the only man who knew about some "15 wasted freekicks" the author of this thread? Considering the fact that ANC was shown on worldwide TV and about 60% of freekicks shot by Oga went into the net, I'm not suprised that the only ammo left for the bankrupt UBA would be some stories of used captain's band. :mrgreen:
here we go again with PapaK telling us 60% of JJ freekicks went into the net like we are all blind men watching the ANC2004. :( :( :(
No mind PapaK...na so so fabu di man dey blow. Why JJ no get efen one assist for 3 WCs, when ordinary Garba Lawal has 1 goal and 1 assist from 2 WCs?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

1naija, do you realize that armband is not the property of Okocha? It is in his poccession temporarilly till he is no longer captain at Bolton so how do you expect him to donate something that doesn't belong to him? Na wa for you o.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Maybe he wore it for luck :mrgreen:

Quite frankly i dont give a damn
oyose
Egg
Egg

Post by oyose »

he said it in jest
THE FAN

Post by THE FAN »

1NAIJA,

Is that what bothers you? Personally, I don't know what is worse, the fact that our national team did not have a captain's armband ..... or the fact that Okocha says he brought Bolton's armband with him because he didn't know if we had one (I guess after all the diplomatic talk that JJ is known for, the guy actually has a lower opinion of the administrators than I do).

PS: Nations Cup MVP .... Nations Cup Top Scorer .... Nations Cup 1000th Goal .... EPL Player of the Month .... it is a good time to be a Shriner. 8)
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Its a Goal wrote:1naija, do you realize that armband is not the property of Okocha? It is in his poccession temporarilly till he is no longer captain at Bolton so how do you expect him to donate something that doesn't belong to him? Na wa for you o.
It's a goal, a captain's arm band is $0.90 at the dollar store, so no player should ever call a press conference to announce that he donated such item to his country.
NEDI
Egg
Egg

Post by NEDI »

1naija wrote: I am appalled, flabbergasted, and completely dumb...!
You see why we're not going to waste our time replying? :lol:
Your very own words, ma fren!
Last edited by NEDI on Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

THE FAN wrote:1NAIJA,

Is that what bothers you? Personally, I don't know what is worse, the fact that our national team did not have a captain's armband ..... or the fact that Okocha says he brought Bolton's armband with him because he didn't know if we had one (I guess after all the diplomatic talk that JJ is known for, the guy actually has a lower opinion of the administrators than I do).

PS: Nations Cup MVP .... Nations Cup Top Scorer .... Nations Cup 1000th Goal .... EPL Player of the Month .... it is a good time to be a Shriner. 8)
But where is the cup he promised us?????????? Or this tourney is meant for him and for him alone????I bet as usual this outing will cushioned his contract deal....
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

1naija wrote: It's a goal, a captain's arm band is $0.90 at the dollar store,
Not when you put up for auction it aint. You talking about a living legend, a piece of history. If ya don't know - ya betta ask Maria Zagallo!!! Check out the avatar....