Waffi et al: Tell Arsenal to dash us one now!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Waffi,

Nuff respect to how you summed Gilberto up. Nice to know some brothers see football beyond the obvious.
Gilberto don frustrate me before sotay na only him I dey watch for stadium now.....just because I want to see what Wenger and the Brazillian coach sees in him that he's one of the 1st names on the team list.

Unfotunately, I don't think anyone that doesn't watch a match live can see Gilberto's role. When Pires, Ash, Freddie all go on walkout and they lose the ball...immediately I look at their positions ...and Gilberto is there.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of his, but I can see hwy Wenger constantly plays him. His anticipation and football brain is very good.

Me I'm not complaining as long as we dey win matches...in the prem, Newcastle are the only team to have score more than 1 goal against arsenal in their 3-2 defeat at Highbury. Surely, that counts for something.

Q
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:Waffi,

Nuff respect to how you summed Gilberto up. Nice to know some brothers see football beyond the obvious.
Gilberto don frustrate me before sotay na only him I dey watch for stadium now.....just because I want to see what Wenger and the Brazillian coach sees in him that he's one of the 1st names on the team list.

Unfotunately, I don't think anyone that doesn't watch a match live can see Gilberto's role. When Pires, Ash, Freddie all go on walkout and they lose the ball...immediately I look at their positions ...and Gilberto is there.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of his, but I can see hwy Wenger constantly plays him. His anticipation and football brain is very good.

Me I'm not complaining as long as we dey win matches...in the prem, Newcastle are the only team to have score more than 1 goal against arsenal in their 3-2 defeat at Highbury. Surely, that counts for something.

Q
My bro, when I look our defensive record this year and compare am to last year, i am happy. Gilberto really comes to his own in the CL. I nor go surprise if Arsene rest am for the Chelsea game because of the Vigo game. Arsene go need am for Spain.

Another thing, Gilberto is the ultimate master of giving away the professional fouls without getting booked. I have never seen a player like him when it comes to that dept. The way he go look ref like say na accident just amazes me because the refs buy it time and time again. Go look OPTA stats. :P :P :P
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Gilberto is a dream, but part-time fans can't read him.

Back to the game:

We no go gree O! But our main warrior, Terry don caome dey injured, so nah Desailly go come!! De bobo don tire O! Reminds me of the last days of Lebouef.

Still, we don vex O, and e no go easy for una. Still, na Man U we hate pass, and if una beat us, make una no come do yeye give Man U the tiltle. If we win though, game on! All of us go dey within 3 points of each other.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Edu's work rate has actually doubled these past few weeks. the guy deserves a starting spot, and with ray parlour out for 6 weeks he would have that opportunity. but one thing is that ljungberg is coming back very soon, maybe this week or next. so lets see sha.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Gilberto is very sneaky move by Wenger. Basically he's stuck a 6'4" guy with good agility and speed in there to play a 3rd CD + DM. If course fans often don't see the donkey work he does - that's life. They only notice when he cant finish "like a Brazilian" or he loses the ball on a pass. But he's hugely valuable.

I feel bad for Edu though. He's good too, but he just has different qualities from Gilbetro - and at the end of the day Gilberto gets the jersey on overall team needs. But every time Edu comes in he contributes like mad.

Its all good - if you want to win anything these days, it aint about 11 players at all. It takes a meaningful contribution from at least 18-19 players to get you there. Thank God we have them both.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Final score Saturday: Chelsea 3, Arsenal 1....Arsenal Goal by Kanu :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Aniks, na which one be ur team sef? :mrgreen:
...ColdSpuds? Leeds? Wolves? :P :)
Greatwon
Egg
Egg

Post by Greatwon »

Hey Chelski fans, please enjoy your remaining 4 days this week, because once Arsenal wins on Saturday, say bye bye to the premiership :D
"...I believe we can go the whole season
unbeaten...". --- Arsene Wenger, Oct 2002
Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible will make a violent revolution inevitable.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Nah....Chelski should be made to feel the cane once more just like our first wives, Middlesborough.. :mrgreen:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffi,

Why now????? Why you dey torture them with that goal clip :P Chei,WICKID!
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

mister dolly wrote:Nah....Chelski should be made to feel the cane once more just like our first wives, Middlesborough.. :mrgreen:
LOL!! Middlesborough na our Ashewo... no be we alone dey rape those ones... :D :D
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

anikulapo wrote:Final score Saturday: Chelsea 3, Arsenal 1....Arsenal Goal by Kanu :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My bro,

na only newcastle (league match) and middleboro (worthless carling cup 2nd leg) don score arsenal twice. How do Chelsea wanna score 3? Na handball?

Plus....you think say na only 1 goal Sulliven go chop? Man wey never eneter finish for Sunday, don dey pick ball from net.Hmmm.

Chelsea 1 v Arsenal 2 (or even 3) for me o. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Chelsea try...e fit be the usual 1-1

Q
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Final score Saturday: Chelsea 3, Arsenal 1....Arsenal Goal by Kanu :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My bro,

na only newcastle (league match) and middleboro (worthless carling cup 2nd leg) don score arsenal twice. How do Chelsea wanna score 3? Na handball?

Plus....you think say na only 1 goal Sulliven go chop? Man wey never eneter finish for Sunday, don dey pick ball from net.Hmmm.

Q
Excellent point my bro.

I really do not think these guys appreciate how good this current Arsenal team is. It is for me an almost perfect football machine, yes it is beatable, in football all teams are beatable on any given day. However the current record of being unbeaten in the League is just awesome. Finally, let me remind you Chelski only goal on Sunday came from Goal-keeping error. Chelski could not score from open play.

Arsenal's first eleven:

----------Lehman----------
Lauren--Toure--Sol--Cole
Freddie--Gilberto--Vieira--Pires
---------Bergkamp
---------------------Henry.

Bench: Edu, Cygan, Reyes, Clichy, Taylor.

quickie, next season, I see the team like this:

Arsenal's first eleven:

Toure--Senderous--Sol--Cole
---------Reyes/Kluviet

Bench: Edu, Lauren, Reyes/Kluviet, Clichy, Taylor,
voodoo
Egg
Egg

Post by voodoo »

Waffiman wrote:
okuns wrote:That Reyes goal na angle 90... Bobo just kill Cudicini patapata.
My bro, I dey just behind the line on flight on the ball, from the second he strike the ball, you know say net e dey. No goalie for fit save am oh.

Cuducini injure himself again trying to save am, if he is unfit and the former Spud keeper come in on Saturday, Chelski get real problems. That goalie was rubbish.
Enyeama for save that one sha.
JayJay Okocha the real AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

voodoo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
okuns wrote:That Reyes goal na angle 90... Bobo just kill Cudicini patapata.
My bro, I dey just behind the line on flight on the ball, from the second he strike the ball, you know say net e dey. No goalie for fit save am oh.

Cuducini injure himself again trying to save am, if he is unfit and the former Spud keeper come in on Saturday, Chelski get real problems. That goalie was rubbish.
Enyeama for save that one sha.
If Vincent dey the position wey Cuducini dey when Reyes strike that ball, no chance. The only way the shot would have been saved if it was close to the goalie.
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Waffiman wrote:
quickie wrote:
My bro,

Q
Excellent point my bro.

I really do not think these guys appreciate how good this current Arsenal team is. It is for me an almost perfect football machine, yes it is beatable, in football all teams are beatable on any given day. However the current record of being unbeaten in the League is just awesome. Finally, let me remind you Chelski only goal on Sunday came from Goal-keeping error. Chelski could not score from open play.

Arsenal's first eleven:

Lauren--Toure--Sol--Cole
---------Bergkamp

Arsenal's first eleven:

---------Reyes/Kluviet

Waffi,

1stly, that goal nor be wholly goalkeeping error...na Kolo fault as well...as keeper wan pick up the ball, the whole North bank fit hear as Sol don dey shout make Kolo push up to half way line with am, Kolo was ball watching ...if he had, Parker's interception would have found Mutu & Hasslebaink offside. Prof too touched on that point that we didn't push up high enough. My consolation is..Kolo is learning quick...and the run-in will decide who gets arsenal player of the season between Kolo, Henry & Ash in my opinion.

Omo, where aliadere for that list? Prof seems to have a lot of belief in that boy, na injuries just dey hold am back....as for senderos, I don't like that his injury-prone stop-start career o. Abi him think say we be spurs?

I also think Prof gives a player 2 years to sort out injuries...if he sees you're too injury-prone, you're out of his 1st team plans as he cannot rely on you all the time...Upson,Jeffers, Gio spring to mind. I think this will be make or break season for Aliadere and senderos.

Ps- I honestly believe Stack is better than Taylor.

Make Kluivert nor come spoil dressing room spirit o.Make dem collect am on 1 year loan first.

Q
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
quickie wrote:
My bro,

Q
Excellent point my bro.

Arsenal's first eleven:

Lauren--Toure--Sol--Cole
---------Bergkamp

Arsenal's first eleven:

---------Reyes/Kluviet

Waffi,

1stly, that goal nor be wholly goalkeeping error...na Kolo fault as well...as keeper wan pick up the ball, the whole North bank fit hear as Sol don dey shout make Kolo push up to half way line with am, Kolo was ball watching ...if he had, Parker's interception would have found Mutu & Hasslebaink offside. Prof too touched on that point that we didn't push up high enough. My consolation is..Kolo is learning quick...and the run-in will decide who gets arsenal player of the season between Kolo, Henry & Ash in my opinion.

Omo, where aliadere for that list? Prof seems to have a lot of belief in that boy, na injuries just dey hold am back....as for senderos, I don't like that his injury-prone stop-start career o. Abi him think say we be spurs?

I also think Prof gives a player 2 years to sort out injuries...if he sees you're too injury-prone, you're out of his 1st team plans as he cannot rely on you all the time...Upson,Jeffers, Gio spring to mind. I think this will be make or break season for Aliadere and senderos.

Ps- I honestly believe Stack is better than Taylor.

Make Kluivert nor come spoil dressing room spirit o.Make dem collect am on 1 year loan first.

Q
Chei! How can I forget Aliadierre? Abeg forgive me. I hear you about Stack, but time will tell who is really better.

For me, na race between Henry and Kolo as players of the season so far for Highbury. Ash is in clear 3rd place.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffi, in what world could you see Kluivert playing as a supporting striker to Henry...Come on now....Kluivert will always be a big target at the center of the opponents defense....He is not a lazy cow like Kanu the Goal assistor ...... He will always be the proverbial "Fox in the middle" wey una dey look for
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I believe there is an ARSEnal message board in bbc, take your dry discussion dia....all of you.