Honestly there was nothing special about this 2004 ANC team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Honestly there was nothing special about this 2004 ANC team

Post by omey2k4 »

Its the simple truth,thank goodness i watched a couple of games and there was nothing special about this team people ar raving about.At the end of most of our games in the ANC,we had to rely on individuality to progress past any team.With the way things are going this curren team without a certain JJ and Kanu has no back bone and no zeal to play football.Please dont get me wrong guys,yes they got to semi-finals but there was nothing that looked like it as a total team work.In 94 yes we had multiple talents but as team the 94 squad was much better.Maybe if this team can be kept together and keep improving they might play as a team but at the moment individual skill is what saw this team through with a Bronxe medal.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Sir Vic
Egg
Egg

Post by Sir Vic »

Don't you think the SE at the ANC would have beat Man United?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Sir Vic wrote:Don't you think the SE at the ANC would have beat Man United?
in football, anything can happen
Egg
Egg
Re: Honestly there was nothing special about this 2004 ANC t

Post by theDunamis »

omey2k4 wrote:Its the simple truth,thank goodness i watched a couple of games and there was nothing special about this team people ar raving about.At the end of most of our games in the ANC,we had to rely on individuality to progress past any team.With the way things are going this curren team without a certain JJ and Kanu has no back bone and no zeal to play football.Please dont get me wrong guys,yes they got to semi-finals but there was nothing that looked like it as a total team work.In 94 yes we had multiple talents but as team the 94 squad was much better.Maybe if this team can be kept together and keep improving they might play as a team but at the moment individual skill is what saw this team through with a Bronxe medal.
I agree with u on this. The best I saw in this team all thru the ANC was potential. They are nowhere near the 94 team - but I hope it is a case of "not yet".
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Who said there was something special about this team? :shock:
The whole team was as clueless as the coach.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

The only bright point is that we have finally just started to build a team.
I also like the hussle the boys put in when without the ball.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Some people might consider sending u on a trip of no return for making that statement but i agree with u. Some only see goals as the football and then others only see the stats, whilst some watch and see whats wrong
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

well, I didnt understand our system...sending long balls from the back towards Osaze seemed to be the plan. There were hardly any reasonable build-ups.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:well, I didnt understand our system...sending long balls from the back towards Osaze seemed to be the plan. There were hardly any reasonable build-ups.
I didnt understand that either...dem just tire the small boy for nothing.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Chief Ogbunigwe,
I was so suprise seeing that too....that is not our kinda of soccer! I guess CCC is clueless! :mrgreen:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:well, I didnt understand our system...sending long balls from the back towards Osaze seemed to be the plan. There were hardly any reasonable build-ups.

Illustrates further what we have been pointing out.Our lack of effective defensive midfield presence put too much pressure on the defence.Hence,when we won the ball,the tendency was to look for Okocha,or boot it upfront hoping Osaze and Utaka utilise their pace to do damage.That explains why sometimes(especially in the first three games),it seemed the ball dwelled too much in our area.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Good solid point Omey, but you must conceed also that this team spent little or no time together for there to be real team chemistry. As the games wore on, there were improvements. From Morrocco to SA you culd not but notice this, and also against Tunisia, second half and extra time, we played a team game. So with the continuity we are all praying for, we will get there.
To stop trying is to start dying
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

I would be more concerned if there was no potential. But potential we do have. Omey2k is right that the team is not the finished article.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

omey2k4,

Hahahahaha... very soon CCC loyalists and brigade of guards like cyber saint will tell us this team was better than the 94 team because CCC was coaching them. The same hypocrite who once told lies up in here that CCC won the 94 ANC as chief coach... Very soon they will even tell us this team would have won the WC... nonsense....
Soldier of Fortune...