Obodo and Martins Starting Today!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Obodo and Martins Starting Today!

Post by YUJAM »

Please note that GOL TV will also show the S American Olympic U-23 qualifiers. That will start next friday with Uruguay and Chile being televised.

How can the guys across the pond compete with this? :roll:

Futbol de Espana - La Liga (All on GOL TV)
Saturday Jan 3
Real Madrid vs Murcia -- 01:30PM Eastern (R: Jan 05 05:00PM Eastern)
Celta de Vigo vs Deportivo de La Coruna --03:30PM Eastern (R: : Jan 07 05:00PM Eastern)

Sun Jan 04
Racing de Santander vs Barcelona --01:00PM Eastern (R: : Jan 07 0830PM Eastern)
Valencia vs Villarreal -- 03:00PM Eastern (R: : Jan 08 05:00 PM Eastern)

Calcio Italiano - Serie A (All on GOL TV)
Tue Jan 06
Roma vs AC Milan -- 02:30PM Eastern (R: : Jan 08 08:30 PM Eastern)
Juventus vs Perugia - 04:00PM Central (R: : Jan 09 05:00 PM Eastern)
Inter Milan vs Lecce - 08:30PM Eastern

EPL (All on FSW)
Sun Jan 04
Yeovil Town vs Liverpool - 02:00PM Eastern

Tue Jan 06
Aston Villa vs Portsmouth - 03:00PM Eastern

Wed Jan 07
Chelsea vs Liverpool - 03:00PM Eastern
Last edited by YUJAM on Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
segebaba
Egg
Egg

Post by segebaba »

If they can show the yeye south american games, why cant they show us the nations cup i dont even care if its not live, is it too much to ask?
those who fail to plan, plan to fail........

"Valdez comes out & spits the verbiage like Mussolini at the balcony", lol...
"Puyol almost got caught w his knickers down" Lmao!
"Messi could follow u into a revovling door and still come out first"
"It's the maestro himself, the puppeteer who turns into the daggerman..", lol...
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

segebaba wrote:If they can show the yeye south american games, why cant they show us the nations cup i dont even care if its not live, is it too much to ask?
because Africans are not South Americans and GOL TV caters for the Latino/Hispanic market..
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Dolly:
Indeed. Hence the football from Guatemala, El Salvador and Mexico. Regardless, I plan to call their call center tomorrow to enquire about the ANC!

BTW, do you know that Enzo Francescoli is the CEO of GOL TV?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Alaafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Alaafin »

I'll have to upgrade to AT150 by this weekend.
Iku Baba Yeye; Alase Ikeji Orisa

He who has power over life and death; Second-in-Command to the gods
bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

YUJAM WHAT CHANNEL IS GOL TV IN HOUSTON DIGITAL TV WARREN CABLE
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

THx Yujam 8)
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The Santander vs Barca match should be a cracker.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bobbye, 407
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

Bigpokey24
thanks but I tried to get 407 it jumped from 406 to 410.Is this a special ordered channel ? Please reply as soon as you can.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I can't say enough about the quality of football in La Liga. The TV angles are top notch too - better than anything I have ever seen.

Having said this, I watched Barca lose to Santander 3 to 0, and one has to wonder what on Earth is going on in Rustu's head. After a wonderful performance in the past WC where he was one of the top goaltenders, the guy is making a habit of huge blunders in La Liga. Last week, he tried to control a back pass from Pujol and lost the ball to gift the opposition a goal. Today he failed to control a soft grounder, gifting Santander an opening goal. He was also at fault for the other two goals. I guess football is a funny game.

The commentators were saying that Rustu would probably never play for Barca again. Rijkaard will possibly be fired tomorrow too.

Valencia vs Villareal is about over now with Valencia winning 4 to 2!
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

I dunno why Rijkaard is still at Barca f'real. :x
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Perugia will be up against it big time!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YUJAM wrote:Perugia will be up against it big time!
Are there enough Africans in the US to sustain an African TV network? If yes, why has someone not filled this gap in the market?

Or could it be a case of most Africans in the US having being "baseballised" and not being interested in football? I cannot believe that the ANC is not big business in the US as it is in Europe.

I suppose then listening to some of the NHorth American drivel on this site, I can see why no one bothers.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

There is more potential here for an African network than in your part of the world. And once again, we wil be watching the ANC from the comfort of our living rooms.

BTW, when are you moving over here? :roll:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Juve is down at home to Lecce with Martins in starting line-up. Obodo's team - Perugia is losing by the same score of 1 to 0.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

YUJAM wrote:I can't say enough about the quality of football in La Liga. The TV angles are top notch too - better than anything I have ever seen!
YUJAM:
FSW has been selling those of you in the US a fake bill of goods.

In the few days that I have been back in NYC I can understand why US residents do not share an enthusiasm for the English Premiership -- the camera angles are poor (almost Nigerian), with barely a few cameras employed, the crowd and background noise is significantly muted, and the commentary is rather poor and quite elementary (even though an English announcer is used).
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

What sort of nonsense is playing matches on a weekday afternoon?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Gotti:
Spot on with your observation of FSW's coverage. In fact, I was so not used to the incredible camera angles shown in la Liga coverage, I felt like perhaps my sense of equilibrium was warped. Took me a little bit to adjust.

IF FSW does not improve quickly, they will be blown out of the water by the newer GOL TV - which incidentally was founded by Enzo Francescoli and some other ex-footballers. Enzo is CEO.

YUJAM:

In the few days that I have been back in NYC I can understand why US residents do not share an enthusiasm for the English Premiership -- the camera angles are poor (almost Nigerian), with barely a few cameras employed, the crowd and background noise is significantly muted, and the commentary is rather poor and quite elementary (even though an English announcer is used).

Last edited by Gotti on Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
YUJAM wrote:I can't say enough about the quality of football in La Liga. The TV angles are top notch too - better than anything I have ever seen!
YUJAM:

No wonder sone US forumers think:

(1) Raul is crap
(2) Diouf is the best thing since sliced bread
(3) That Coly was not badly done by the Gunners. Maybe FSW missed all those Pires dribbles.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Sharrap, Ayo! :)

You should really consider moving here though. England is nothing compared to the USA.

BTW, I hope to visit my sister in Birmingham in a few months. Perhaps I can finally meet y'all at Calabar!
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Gotti wrote:
YUJAM:

No wonder sone US forumers think:

(1) Raul is crap
(2) Diouf is the best thing since sliced bread
(3) That Coly was not badly done by the Gunners. Maybe FSW missed all those Pires dribbles.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Let us know when you are coming Yujam, so we can arrange to take you to a game. You will see real footbal in the flesh!

By the way, the US wpould drive me mad with no football. Not being able to discuss "soccer" with your workmates must drive you mad. Apart from that, I am OK with the US.

I have been to the East Coast, South Coast and Midwest and am happy to keep on visiting but hey, it will rtemain just that.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Will do that, Ayo.

BTW, Inter have equalized thru Cruz. Perugia still down to Juve!