Goalkeeper's lost voice ruled a work-related injury in Swede

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Goalkeeper's lost voice ruled a work-related injury in Swede

Post by iworo »

Goalkeeper's lost voice ruled a work-related injury in Sweden

STOCKHOLM (AP) - A Swedish goalkeeper who claims he lost his voice by yelling at other players is entitled to welfare benefits for a work-related injury, a court ruled.
A county administrative court in southern Sweden said Anders Bogsjo should receive compensation for income he forfeited when he lost his spot playing for Elfsborg's in 2001.

Bogsjo said the team dropped him after seven years because his voice had become hoarse, which made it difficult for him to direct his teammates.

"I couldn't compete on the same conditions," he said. "You couldn't hear me when I yelled. As a goalkeeper the voice is an unbelievably important instrument to be able to direct and communicate with the other players."

Elfsborg said Bogsjo's contract wasn't renewed because he wasn't good enough and that the decision was not based on his injury.

The 37-year-old goalkeeper said his hoarseness was a work-related injury and went to court when the regional welfare office reject his claim for benefits.

The county court ruled in his favour, but the welfare office appealed the decision.

Bogsjo won't receive any benefits until the appeals court rules in the case.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

I see the goalkeepers point :mrgreen:
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Yeah...