BIG SAM DON DEY SMOKE WEED!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ukblack
Egg
Egg
BIG SAM DON DEY SMOKE WEED!

Post by ukblack »

Is Sam smoking weed? With all the noise he's making about Jay-Jay going to the ANC and being away for 5- 8 games, he's looking to sign another African player! :x

Trotters fail with Hassan bid
Wednesday, 31 December 2003

Players:

Ahmed Hassan
Teams:

Bolton Wanderers
Besiktas
Rangers

Bolton Wanderers have had a bid for Egyptian midfielder Ahmed Hassan rejected by Besiktas.
The 27-year-old is one of the brightest talents operating in Turkey but he has been forced to sit on the bench on numerous occasions for Besiktas this term following his summer move Genclerbirligi.

Despite being left on the bench for the most part, Hassan has notched 10 goals and it would appear his performances have caught the eye of Bolton chief Sam Allardyce.

Hassan has confirmed that Bolton have lodged a bid for his services, with Allardyce seemingly casting his net all over Europe in search of new talent.

"I can reveal that just hours ago Besiktas received an official offer for me from Bolton Wanderers, the Premier League side," Hassan told egyptianplayers.com.

Hassan was not given the chance to consider the offer as Besiktas rejected it out of hand, and he is not looking to consider his future until the summer.

"The Turkish side rejected the offer and my agent advised me to wait until the end of the season before deciding anything," he added.

It is not yet clear if Bolton wanted to sign the player during January's transfer window, as they would not have been able to call on his services until after the end of the African Cup of Nations.

Allardyce may well see the attacking midfielder as a potential summer recruit but he will face stiff competition at the end of the season.

Hassan has admitted he would love to play for SPL giants Rangers, a side who have been monitoring his situation for a couple of seasons.

"They (Rangers) have been hot on my trail for over two years now and they were always interested, and I am actually honoured to be targeted by such a prestigious club," he said.

"As you know they are the Scottish champions and they always feature at the top European level and many world class players are among their ranks.

"They made an offer for a move during this winter break but Besiktas refused to let me go in the middle of the current season, and I, to tell you the truth, don't like moving clubs in the middle of the season."

A summer move to Glasgow clearly appeals to Hassan, who added: "I would love to play for Rangers and if they still want me at the end of this season they will be with no doubt my favourite destination."
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

The man is an African at heart,only when his job is on the line, he's an Englishman :D :D :D