O By The Way Pa Onigbinde Beat Ireland! Brazil Couldn't!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet
O By The Way Pa Onigbinde Beat Ireland! Brazil Couldn't!

Post by RudeBoy »

Was that not Brazil who could not beat Ireland in Ireland last night? Pa Onigbinde's Nigeria beat Ireland (including Roy Keane) 2-1 before the World Cup their first defeat at home for many many years! Guys here did not give the props due at the time but now I guess they can see how good our man was! i.e. the best home based coach Nigeria has at the moment!

I know football is not Maths but wasn't that the same Brazil that hammered Nigeria 3-0 in Abuja under CCC? If only Pa Festus was coach for that game! :D
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

RB

Ok What about this scenario

Nigeria beat Mali with CCC in charge
Senegal Could not beat Mali
Sweden got beat by Senegal
Sweden Beat Nigeria with Pa Oni in Charge

Does that mean CCC's Super Eagles would beat Pa Oni's Super Eagles

but as you said football is not Mathematics :wink: :wink:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

socer no be mathematics!
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Nice one Area Daddy. Are you a philisophy graduate?
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

AreaDaddy wrote:RB

Ok What about this scenario

Nigeria beat Mali with CCC in charge
Senegal Could not beat Mali
Sweden got beat by Senegal
Sweden Beat Nigeria with Pa Oni in Charge

Does that mean CCC's Super Eagles would beat Pa Oni's Super Eagles

but as you said football is not Mathematics :wink: :wink:
FOUL
Senegal beat Sweden with a different coach.
Go back to philosophy school
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Well my friend so has Brazil & Ireland, so RB's original assertion is even dodgier than before....
:mrgreen:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Rudeboy Brazil nack us for Abuja. Cameroun nack Brazil and we nack Cameroun. Football nor be arithmetic. :| :| :wink: :wink: See as that donkey Kavanagh take out Gilberto, now I am left stewing over CL chances because Gilberto is key to our CL hopes. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Waffiman on Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Edu can replace Gilberto
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

realtrouble wrote:Edu can replace Gilberto
Different players who perform different roles in the team. Arsenal are not the same in terms of drive when Vieira has to play deeper and be more defensive because Edu is more offensive.

Gilberto is a vital clog in the Arsenal system, especially in the CL where you tend to get a lot of clever players attacking from deep, Gilberto is a master of picking up such runs and moves and he usually snuffs them out with minimum fuss.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Gilberto can't hold or cross the ball to save his mother live, have you forgotten that Edu did an adequate job when Viera was injured.

Who played DM mid-field at Inter Milan when we won 5-1
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: O By The Way Pa Onigbinde Beat Ireland! Brazil Couldn't!

Post by 1naija »

RudeBoy wrote:Was that not Brazil who could not beat Ireland in Ireland last night? Pa Onigbinde's Nigeria beat Ireland (including Roy Keane) 2-1 before the World Cup their first defeat at home for many many years! Guys here did not give the props due at the time but now I guess they can see how good our man was! i.e. the best home based coach Nigeria has at the moment!

I know football is not Maths but wasn't that the same Brazil that hammered Nigeria 3-0 in Abuja under CCC? If only Pa Festus was coach for that game! :D
Rudeboy, you won't let the sleeping dog lie. Here you are starting your praise worship this early morning knowing fully well that some of us strongly resent your attempt to glorify failure. It's still early here in obodo America, and I am trying not to start my day with anti this and anti that, but please desist from praising failure or attempting to do so.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

realtrouble wrote:Gilberto can't hold or cross the ball to save his mother live, have you forgotten that Edu did an adequate job when Viera was injured.

Who played DM mid-field at Inter Milan when we won 5-1
Gilberto is not in the Arsenal team to cross balls. He job is to defend first and foremost. He does this by snuffing out attacks, filling in for the likes of Ashley Cole when he goes raiding up front, providing an outlet for the pass in the middle, win the ball and give it to Vieira, pires etc, win headers in set pieces and most of all protect the CDs.

He is a superby athelete, with one of the best football brains around, he reads the game as good as any players I have had the good fortune of watching, he has great pace and can be physical if he has to. When Kolo Toure goes forward, who is in the CD position - Gilberto, Wenger will not put him there if he was not physical.

Man you have to try and understand the guys game, why is it that Wenger says he is just as important as Vieira in the Arsenal system? Arsenal have the best defensive record in the league, a lot of this has to do with Gilberto. Without him Brazil for nor win the WC, in his country they love him, they call him the invisible wall. You cannot tell me Wenger and the Brazillian coach do not know what they are doing when they play him.

Man come Highbury come watch ball you go see wetin I mean, he is the classic defensive midfielder.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Waffiman , how I go get into Highbury with the ticket more expensive than gold.

Gilberto may be the water carrier but , I have been impressed by Edu when he plays
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Nigeria beat Ireland in a meaningless friendly. Brazil won a meaningful world cup, Nigeria finished bottom of their group, without scoring a single goal.

Lets us not play tit for tat, pride and stupidity go hand in hand.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

I thought Sweden beat us 2-1 in the Group of Death! Sorry coach may be I'm wrong. Brazil hammered Nigeria in a meaningless friendly and Brazil could not beat Ireland in a meaningless friendly!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Can we leave Pa Oni and MOVE ON?

Haba!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Can we leave Pa Oni and MOVE ON?

Haba!
Because we made a mistake in letting him go? And his pre-world cup record has not been matched by any coach before or since?
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

some threads are AMAZING, thats all i can say
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Rudeboy, you are one of the people i respect hia but you must be joking??!! Abi.
Godfather
Egg
Egg
Re: O By The Way Pa Onigbinde Beat Ireland! Brazil Couldn't!

Post by Godfather »

RudeBoy wrote:Was that not Brazil who could not beat Ireland in Ireland last night? Pa Onigbinde's Nigeria beat Ireland (including Roy Keane) 2-1 before the World Cup their first defeat at home for many many years! Guys here did not give the props due at the time but now I guess they can see how good our man was! i.e. the best home based coach Nigeria has at the moment!

What an achievement :roll:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.