Rangers/Shooting/NFA conspiracy against Bendel Insurance?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: se

Post by megapro »

omo-eko wrote:Megapro wrote

a ref cofused between:
Housing coporation akure and Water coporation Ibadan.
My guess is that you are confused, we have housing corporation of ibadan in div 11, olubadan stadium is their home field, and housing corporation of akure not in div1, but become ondo state challenge cup champion that year,
was rovers of calabar in div 1 or 2 that year. or were they from uyo?
If memory fails, blame the records.
Last edited by megapro on Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
omo-eko
Egg
Egg
sy

Post by omo-eko »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: have a nice day
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: sy

Post by megapro »

omo-eko wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: have a nice day
same.
you are the man anyday.
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

I guess that is sorted then :)
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Ugly incident of 1980 Nations cup finals
(posted oin 05/2005 in ezesportsworld)

The execution of the Nations cup campaign by Eagles technical team was very successful except for an ugly incident that occurred at the final match with Algeria. This had to do with the decision by the Eagles bench to substitute Best Ogedegbe with Emma Okala a few minutes to the end of the match. But while Okala was warming up to be introduced into the game, on instructions of prof Otto Gloria, the team manager, Mr Gudjoe Alakija, promptly intervened and instructed that Okala should not be fielded. His intervention on what was entirely the coaches decision did not go down well with Prof. Otto Gloria, who openly expressed his resentment.

Prof akpabot saw the idea of introducing Okala into the match as very inimical to the progress of the team and recommended that the NFA should sack the coaches. But Prof. Eto Amaechina one of the coaches in question, in defending their action, stated that the decision to intoduce Okala into the match was taken before the championship began. According to him, the coaching crew had agreed that if Nigeria was wining comfortably in the final match, Okala would be introduced a few minutes to the end as a parting farewell. He personally did not see anything wrong with that decision, which was to honour one of Africa's greatest goalkeepers.
Eto Amaechina and Isaac Nnado, the two indigenous coaches who contributed immensely to the teams success were excluded from receiving all benefits given to the team.

Commenting on the issue, Christian Chukwu said that the coaches must have reasons why they wanted to introduce okala into the match, although he personally did not believe that it would have been necessary to introduce Okala since they were leading comfortably, and moreover, the fact that Okala did not play in that championship did not diminish his place in African and Nigerian football.

Chukwu however expressed bitterness over injustice done to coaches Eto and Nnado. He personally took the matter up with relevant authorities, but to his dismay nothing came out of it. It was then clear to him that the action was vindictive. And it pained him so much that a man like Eto who had given his all for his fatherland should be denied his rightful benefits. He hoped that someday, Eto would be honoured as one of the greatest football heroes the country has ever.

what happened with the 7 dropped insurance players was the obstacle of the extablishment.
megapro 2012:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

megapro wrote:Ugly incident of 1980 Nations cup finals
(posted oin 05/2005 in ezesportsworld)

The execution of the Nations cup campaign by Eagles technical team was very successful except for an ugly incident that occurred at the final match with Algeria. This had to do with the decision by the Eagles bench to substitute Best Ogedegbe with Emma Okala a few minutes to the end of the match. But while Okala was warming up to be introduced into the game, on instructions of prof Otto Gloria, the team manager, Mr Gudjoe Alakija, promptly intervened and instructed that Okala should not be fielded. His intervention on what was entirely the coaches decision did not go down well with Prof. Otto Gloria, who openly expressed his resentment.

Prof akpabot saw the idea of introducing Okala into the match as very inimical to the progress of the team and recommended that the NFA should sack the coaches. But Prof. Eto Amaechina one of the coaches in question, in defending their action, stated that the decision to intoduce Okala into the match was taken before the championship began. According to him, the coaching crew had agreed that if Nigeria was wining comfortably in the final match, Okala would be introduced a few minutes to the end as a parting farewell. He personally did not see anything wrong with that decision, which was to honour one of Africa's greatest goalkeepers.
Eto Amaechina and Isaac Nnado, the two indigenous coaches who contributed immensely to the teams success were excluded from receiving all benefits given to the team.

Commenting on the issue, Christian Chukwu said that the coaches must have reasons why they wanted to introduce okala into the match, although he personally did not believe that it would have been necessary to introduce Okala since they were leading comfortably, and moreover, the fact that Okala did not play in that championship did not diminish his place in African and Nigerian football.

Chukwu however expressed bitterness over injustice done to coaches Eto and Nnado. He personally took the matter up with relevant authorities, but to his dismay nothing came out of it. It was then clear to him that the action was vindictive. And it pained him so much that a man like Eto who had given his all for his fatherland should be denied his rightful benefits. He hoped that someday, Eto would be honoured as one of the greatest football heroes the country has ever.

what happened with the 7 dropped insurance players was the obstacle of the extablishment.
Common Megapro you can do better than this. What happened to the dropped insurance players mmmmm let me see, ok ok what happened to the two that were not dropped, Adiele and Ikhana, mmm let me see, Adiele mother is from East Central State oops i forgot , we had Anambra state then. Ok let me see Kadiri Ikhana while in the Nigerian army served at Enugu, so he was a pally to the Enugu caucus.
The mere fact that Okalla was not allowed to dress up, the mere fact that Eto and Nnado were denied what was due to them explains that the coaches did not have that much influence, , the mere fact that Adiele overthrew Ekeji shows that if those Insurance players were better , they would be featured. In those era we had stability in the SE, if we have a match in 3 months time, and none of the players were injured , you could take your team list to the bank.
If you believe the Insurance players were better, you need to leave room for sentiments, believe me i thought there were players playing for Super pioneers of Ilorin, that i so much worshipped that i thought were better than some of those IICC players well emm except Muda and Odegbami.
I keep on saying this , there is more to team selection than individual brilliance, your ability to gel with the team, makes a lot of difference.

Tunde Bamidele in 1980 was at the prime of his game, any player who could dethrone Godwin Odiye must be a hell of a player, oops please remind me again, Odiye was not playing for either Rangers or IICC, this thread started with the arguement that the players of these two teams kept away Insurance players, but it then veered off to accusing players from teams like Raccah Rovers, Calabar Rovers. Then the insinuation that these teams were in div two, Henry Nwosu who made the team was playing for a non -league team back then, Odiye, though came from Amrica for the tournament, but before he travelled what club was he playing for.

The Insurance were sent home, because we already had a team, and this showed by us winning the CUP, nothing else matters you know, whoever took those decisions remain vindicated, they were good players no doubt, but there services were not needed then, and to prove it, the team won the championship, will we have done better if they were played. You know debates dont need to see the light of the day, if we had not won the tourney, hey we could flog this debate , but the records shows without these Insurance players , we won the CUP period. Would we have won something more than the cup if the insurance players had played ?, hey we took Boateng to Moscow Olympics in the same year 1980 we lost all the three matches, does that say anything ?, if i want to be mischievious , i will say this shows he was not good enough. But i know Boateng was good , but there was no way he was going to break into a team that was stable unless something happened.

As for Okalla , i was gutted he was not allowed to play, i remeber vividly , he was warming up with less than 10 mins to go, i am relaying that picture in my mind right now. It was a known fact he was retiring after the match, the Algerians were dead and buried, but someone felt insecure and did now want to jeorpadise anything. But that does not mean the same person or any cabal kept the Insurance players out. If i remeber back then Otto Gloria stormed out of the stadium due to that interference.

Wo Insurance fans i understand your pains, but what more do you want, we won the frigging CUP , does it matter again who played, the best team won the CUP simple. It does not matter if those Insurance players were trained in planet Mercury or Jupiter, the best team won the ultimate price for that competition, this arguement should not even come up.
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

oloye,
the piece and otto gloria sturming out shows interferance.
was ekeji not in vasco?
Boat not good enough to go also?
megapro 2012:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Oloye, we did not lose all 3 games in Moscow'80, we drew 1-1 with eventual winners Czechoslovakia and could have won if an Emmanuel Osigwe bullet free-kick goal was not disallowed.
I am happy
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Dammy wrote:Oloye, we did not lose all 3 games in Moscow'80, we drew 1-1 with eventual winners Czechoslovakia and could have won if an Emmanuel Osigwe bullet free-kick goal was not disallowed.
osigwe did not realise what the ref meant by raising up his hand.
megapro 2012:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

megapro wrote:oloye,
the piece and otto gloria sturming out shows interferance.
was ekeji not in vasco?
Boat not good enough to go also?
Ekeji was not in Vasco, Ekeji was in Rangers. He might have played for Vasco, but he was in Rangers , how can i forget him with his long throws.

Boateng had many factors working against him, the major one being his Ghanain background. I remember the debate about this, Boatend reign in the SE did not last because of this arguement. The same affected the fate of John Benson, if i remember Benson was eventually called to camp , i believe he was camped in one match that we scandalously lost 5-2 to Mali or so. It was a friendly or i am not too sure if it was a WAFU tournament or not.
This was the same obstacle that stood against Edward Ansah, i remember the joke back then, that we can tolerate a defender, after all if a defender was bribed we can still rectify the mistake, but if Ansah was bribed we would not be able to cover up in time. If Ansah was not a GK he would have played for Naija also.

But the fact remains, Boateng as good as he was , was not in the class of CCC or Tunde Bamidele, boy Tunde Bamidele was something else, he had just been discovered from one team from Bauchi, i think the team was called Zagbai or Wunti FC(Bauchi), and he was brought down to IICC shooting stars, around 79 or 78.
There was no way Boatend could have broken up the pairing of CCC and Tunde Bamidele , not with the Ghanian thing hanging massively over his head.

But enough of that, did we win the CUP or not, do we want any other result apart from this result, like i said , the best team that was selected won the cup. The selectors were vindicated it is as simple as that. Any other debate is called rousing rabbles.

Even like i said all the Insurance players were Maradonnas, the selectors felt those 7 were not needed, they took the 2 that were needed, Adiele and Ikhana. The selectors were vindicated, as the team went on to win the CUP.

By the way Alabi Essien was in the consortium of coaches that were to work with Otto Gloria to prepare the team for the ANC, i am trying to recollect, so many players were invited prior to the number being pruned to 30, a consortium of the leading coaches back then were involved in this process, of whom pa Alabi was one of them. And Pa Alabi was the Insurance coach , correct me if i am wrong. Anyway Pa Alabi probably loved the Enugu axis more since he worked with Vasco before coming home to coach Insurance, may be that explains why he could not allow the Enugu and Ibadan axis quota be reduced. :lol: :lol:

Megapro what is the arguement about, will the Insurance boys have done more than what those who won the cup did, if not why do you think they are still better even after the cup was won.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

oloye wrote:
Boateng had many factors working against him, the major one being his Ghanain background. I remember the debate about this, Boatend reign in the SE did not last because of this arguement. The same affected the fate of John Benson, if i remember Benson was eventually called to camp , i believe he was camped in one match that we scandalously lost 5-2 to Mali or so. It was a friendly or i am not too sure if it was a WAFU tournament or not.
This was the same obstacle that stood against Edward Ansah, i remember the joke back then, that we can tolerate a defender, after all if a defender was bribed we can still rectify the mistake, but if Ansah was bribed we would not be able to cover up in time. If Ansah was not a GK he would have played for Naija also.
The same argument worked against Arthur Moses of Stores in the 1990s when Westerhof showed interest in him. The Ghanaian factor finished everything for him.

The match you cited was Nigeria's defeat in the hands of Togo NOT Mali.
But the fact remains, Boateng as good as he was , was not in the class of CCC or Tunde Bamidele, boy Tunde Bamidele was something else, he had just been discovered from one team from Bauchi, i think the team was called Zagbai or Wunti FC(Bauchi), and he was brought down to IICC shooting stars, around 79 or 78.
Tunde Bamidele came from Taraba United to Sooting.

By the way Alabi Essien was in the consortium of coaches that were to work with Otto Gloria to prepare the team for the ANC, i am trying to recollect, so many players were invited prior to the number being pruned to 30, a consortium of the leading coaches back then were involved in this process, of whom pa Alabi was one of them. And Pa Alabi was the Insurance coach , correct me if i am wrong. Anyway Pa Alabi probably loved the Enugu axis more since he worked with Vasco before coming home to coach Insurance, may be that explains why he could not allow the Enugu and Ibadan axis quota be reduced. :lol: :lol:

Megapro what is the arguement about, will the Insurance boys have done more than what those who won the cup did, if not why do you think they are still better even after the cup was won.
Uncle Alabi Aissen was among the consortium of coaches that involved in the scouting and recruiting players. Other coaches include Tunde Disu, Pa Eto and others.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Toxicarrow
Thanks i do not have the full details of these events, they are all hazy now, as i am pulling them off my head, i was not sure if the venue was Togo or it was Togo who beat us, but i know for sure it was a match that John Benson played in.

As for Taraba of Yola, i knew Tunde Bamidele came from somewhere around that part of the country, this also was working in my head, yes u are right it was Taraba, Wunti and Zagbai were team of the 70s and early 80.

And thanks also for corrobrating the involvement of Alabi Assien in the consortium of coaches , this also i pulled off from memory in a flash, if i wanted to be mischievious, i can say the reason we had 9 whooping Insurance players in camp was because Alabi who was their coach scouted and pimped them, using the language of today.
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

we fit argue from today to thy kingdom come. I watch boateng 8 good years and no one can convince that he did not deserve to go to the nations. I am not the only one with the view and apparently not the starter of the discussion. balende leave me vamoose.
Ekeji played for rangers but was in vasco that year with okey emordi.

there is no way benson issue affected boat cos benson was not capped till very late 1983. that was the match after the 2-5 and he took care of business.

Ngr 2-5 Togo
Wilfred Agbonavbare – Kingsley Paul, Stephen Keshi (cpt) (Mohammed Ibrahim), Tony Edwards, Yisa Sofoluwe – Paul Okoku, Ademola Adesina, Louis Igwilo – Fatai Yekini, Muda Lawal, Chris Osuji.

Ngr 0-0 Mali
Peter Rufai – John Benson, Stephen Keshi (cpt), Kingsley Paul, Mohammed Ibrahim – Louis Igwilo, Ademola Adesina, Muda Lawal – Fatai Yekini, John Omughelle (Bala Ali), Chris Osuji.

Agreed Carl O’Dwyer, Sunny Bazuaye, Alabi Aisien, Isaac Nnado & Godwin Etemike, invited the bini boys that were the league champions. They were dropped when Gloria and ameachina came and the only bendelites that got MON were ogedegbe and Ikhana.

The SE also missed the chance to use bode williams and paul yeboah.
Last edited by megapro on Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
megapro 2012:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

OLOYE:

You know what's funny about this whole thread is that Insurance fans believe that their players were excluded from the ANC 80 team due to Shooting/Rangers conspiracy. But none of them have come out to tell why bulk of Sebastien Broderick's players and invitees for the Golden Eaglets' team of 1985 and 1987 were from Benin-Warri axis and to a large extent Lagos area. Could it have been Flash/NNB/Insurance consipiracy against Sooting, Rangers, Stores, and other teams.

Also, none of them have come to tell us why vast majority of the invites AO's team of 1983-1984 were from NNPC Warri, NNB, Flash and even Insurance.....What happened to the players of Sooting and Rangers in that period? At least, Rangers was the FA Cup champion in 1983 and Sooting was the 1983 league champion. Also, in 1984, Rangers was league champion and Sooting finished in the third place on the league table. Could it the same argument that there was a big conspiracy against Sooting and Rangers players?

Rather than using our brains, vast majority of Nigerian soccer fans allow sentiment to cloud their sense of reasoning.
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Toxicarrow wrote:OLOYE:

You know what's funny about this whole thread is that Insurance fans believe that their players were excluded from the ANC 80 team due to Shooting/Rangers conspiracy. But none of them have come out to tell why bulk of Sebastien Broderick's players and invitees for the Golden Eaglets' team of 1985 and 1987 were from Benin-Warri axis and to a large extent Lagos area. Could it have been Flash/NNB/Insurance consipiracy against Sooting, Rangers, Stores, and other teams.

Also, none of them have come to tell us why vast majority of the invites AO's team of 1983-1984 were from NNPC Warri, NNB, Flash and even Insurance.....What happened to the players of Sooting and Rangers in that period? At least, Rangers was the FA Cup champion in 1983 and Sooting was the 1983 league champion. Also, in 1984, Rangers was league champion and Sooting finished in the third place on the league table. Could it the same argument that there was a big conspiracy against Sooting and Rangers players?

Rather than using our brains, vast majority of Nigerian soccer fans allow sentiment to cloud their sense of reasoning.
Toxic if you bring that issue of 1984, then state the magomago wen rangers take win league that year.
Keshi, Wilfred, Nwosu, Tarila, Eboigbe, Omokaro, Edoseghe, Edobor, Ozogula and Igbinobaro (U20) dey calabar rovers match, NFA no let them Play. Ranger carry crown.

Why where majority of the U17 1985 boys from bendel???
I will tell you. The national sports festival that same year (was restricted to U18) showed the whole world that the bendelites that went to china deserved to go cos they annihilated all opposition on thier way to the gold medal. Emeka Amadi wen keep for Anambra that day in the final they lost to bendel (0-3) will confirm that to you.

Because bendel had 9 players, the next tournament there was a policy that not more that 2 from a state could b invited. (federal character) we lost.

When Amun took 6 with him to Japan 93, the Cup came back.
Open your eyes.

Bendel State.were simply the kings of sports and dominated all National sports festivals then.
megapro 2012:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Mmmmm i thought we were talking about Bendel Insurance players and not bini indigenes, ok ok i see i now finally see the face of this discussion. Mmmmmm so it was a conspiracy to deny the bini boys medal, mmm, please the Boateng that has been a refrence point, is he a bini boy, because i can see you acknoledge only Ikhana , you ommitted Adiele who was from Bendel Insurance.

Now the debate finally got a face , this one debate i hate going into, most people who throw the accusation of tribe , need to check themselves really. It takes a thief or one trained in the ways of a thief to spot a thief.

Megapro we started this debate on why Bendel Insurance players were dropped , now i am hearing why bini boys were denied medals, mmmm a quick reminder, what state is the NFA sec Ekpomo from , meeeen we need to relax it with this tribal sentiments, like Toxicarrow said, when the bulk of Bini players went under Broidericks to win the U-17, i can swear i did not notice they were from Bendel state all, because i was so overjoyed we won the cup, i could not give a hoot, if they came from Benin, Kutuwenji, Sabo Ora or Kontogora.
I saw nigerian play and brought home the trophy. Like i said we won the CUP in 1980, i dont care where the players came from, they could all have come from Rangers or Shooting, but i care about the result, they won. Believe i can tell you of some players that i watched for decades that never played in the Eagles despite the fact they were so good. Rangers had a player called Christian Madu, he grew up in Ghana, and came back to Nigeria to play for Rangers, mmmm, i can swear that player was a better player than Muda Lawal.
Like i said Boateng was good, i used the issue of John Benson to let you know that it took sometime before other Ghanaians who were equally good came near the national team.
Boateng went to Moscow Olympics did he not , well only after CCC retired , please tell me Boateng was better than CCC, who was known all over Africa.
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

oloye wrote:Mmmmm i thought we were talking about Bendel Insurance players and not bini indigenes, ok ok i see i now finally see the face of this discussion. Mmmmmm so it was a conspiracy to deny the bini boys medal, mmm, please the Boateng that has been a refrence point, is he a bini boy, because i can see you acknoledge only Ikhana , you ommitted Adiele who was from Bendel Insurance.

Now the debate finally got a face , this one debate i hate going into, most people who throw the accusation of tribe , need to check themselves really. It takes a thief or one trained in the ways of a thief to spot a thief.

Megapro we started this debate on why Bendel Insurance players were dropped , now i am hearing why bini boys were denied medals, mmmm a quick reminder, what state is the NFA sec Ekpomo from , meeeen we need to relax it with this tribal sentiments, like Toxicarrow said, when the bulk of Bini players went under Broidericks to win the U-17, i can swear i did not notice they were from Bendel state all, because i was so overjoyed we won the cup, i could not give a hoot, if they came from Benin, Kutuwenji, Sabo Ora or Kontogora.
I saw nigerian play and brought home the trophy. Like i said we won the CUP in 1980, i dont care where the players came from, they could all have come from Rangers or Shooting, but i care about the result, they won. Believe i can tell you of some players that i watched for decades that never played in the Eagles despite the fact they were so good. Rangers had a player called Christian Madu, he grew up in Ghana, and came back to Nigeria to play for Rangers, mmmm, i can swear that player was a better player than Muda Lawal.
Like i said Boateng was good, i used the issue of John Benson to let you know that it took sometime before other Ghanaians who were equally good came near the national team.
Boateng went to Moscow Olympics did he not , well only after CCC retired , please tell me Boateng was better than CCC, who was known all over Africa.
take am easy oh.
when terms, insinuations and accusations such as benin-warri axis, alabi aisien, sebastine bodericks etc started to enter the discussion, it was destined to take a swerve. If you check well, I did not start any of those. dont forget many many nigerians refer to all bendelites as bini boys.
megapro 2012:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

megapro wrote:

Toxic if you bring that issue of 1984, then state the magomago wen rangers take win league that year.
Keshi, Nwosu, Tarila, Eboigbe, Omokaro, Edoseghe, Edobor, Ozogula and Igbinobaro (U20) dey calabar rovers match, NFA no let them Play. Ranger carry crown.

Why where majority of the 1985 boys from bendel???
I will tell you. The national sports festival that same year (was restricted to U18) showed the whole world that the bendelites that went to china deserved to go cos they annihilated all opposition on thier way to the gold medal. Emeka Amadi wen keep for Anambra that in the final they lost to bendel (0-3) will confirm that to you.

Because bendel had 9 players, the next tournament there was a policy that not more that 2 from a state could b invited. (federal character) we lost.

Open your eyes.
Now look at yourself.....You quickly attributed under-17 WC victories of 1985 and 1993 to the "Bendel factor" (i.e presence of Bendel boys) and the defeat of 1987 to the absence of the "Bendel factor" !

Now, what difference could the presence Bendel Insurance players or "Bendelites" (as you've have used in your response to me) in ANC 80 have made to the Green Eagles' victory? Could the presence of Insurance players or "Bendelites" have allowed Eagles to win another trophy that's beyond ANC trophy at the ANC 80?

From the tone of your response, it seems to me that your argument is not really about the institution or club "Bendel Insurance" and the players that play for that institution BUT about "NOT HAVING MANY PLAYERS FROM THE OLD BENDEL STATE" in the national team of 1980 ANC. To be candid with you, you need to free yourself from your "ethnic sentiment" ! Everything is not about black and white.

The fact that Bendel Insurance is based in Benin does neither dennotate [sp] nor connotate to me that its players are strictly "Bini boys." ! A mindset such as yours is one of the primary reasons why our football culture/industry is not growing. Everything is "ethnicized" ! :shock:
Last edited by Toxicarrow on Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

oloye wrote:Mmmmm i thought we were talking about Bendel Insurance players and not bini indigenes, ok ok i see i now finally see the face of this discussion. Mmmmmm so it was a conspiracy to deny the bini boys medal, mmm, please the Boateng that has been a refrence point, is he a bini boy, because i can see you acknoledge only Ikhana , you ommitted Adiele who was from Bendel Insurance.

a.
You beat me to it...I also got that from his last post to me.
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Toxicarrow wrote:
megapro wrote:

Keshi, Nwosu, Tarila, Eboigbe, Omokaro, Edoseghe, Edobor, Ozogula and Igbinobaro (U20) dey calabar rovers match, NFA no let them Play. Ranger carry crown.

Why where majority of the 1985 boys from bendel???
I will tell you. The national sports festival that same year (was restricted to U18) showed the whole world that the bendelites that went to china deserved to go cos they annihilated all opposition on thier way to the gold medal. Emeka Amadi wen keep for Anambra that in the final they lost to bendel (0-3) will confirm that to you.

Open your eyes.
Now look at yourself.....You quickly attributed under-17 WC victories of 1985 and 1993 to the "Bendel factor" (i.e presence of Bendel boys) and the defeat of 1987 to the absence of the "Bendel factor" !

Now, what difference could the presence Bendel Insurance players or "Bendelites" (as you've have used in your response to me) in ANC 80 have made to the Green Eagles' victory? Could the presence of Insurance players or "Bendelites" have allowed Eagles to win another trophy that's beyond ANC trophy at the ANC 80?

From the tone of your response, it seems to me that your argument is not really about the institution or club "Bendel Insurance" and the players that play for that institution BUT about "NOT HAVING MANY PLAYERS FROM THE OLD BENDEL STATE" in the national team of 1980 ANC. To be candid with you, you need to free yourself from your "ethnic sentiment" ! Everything is not about black and white.

The fact that Bendel Insurance is based in Benin does not connotate to me that its players are strictly "Bini boys." ! A mindset such as yours is one of the primary reasons why our football culture/industry is not growing. Everything is "ethnicized" ! :shock:
Toxic,
pot wan call kettle black??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
up sooting.
look na you start this 'bendel' thing by bringing benin-warri axis. you then saw statistics.
before oloye and myself dey discuss boateng.
megapro 2012:
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Toxicarrow wrote:

a.
that should give you food for thought cos it shows that my point is not about nationality or tribe but club. did I not make the same case earlier in the thread for monidafe, francis nwosu and agwo?
megapro 2012:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Megapro
Ofcourse it was destined to take a swerve based on what the contributor has in mind. My reference to Alabi Assien was to let you know who and who was involved in the selection process, but you mentioning Ikhana as the only Insurance player that made the medal list got me alarmed because Adiele was also an Inurance player.

You are the one who still feels that there were better players that should be accomodated in a team that won the CUP, because i cant see why we need to argue for other players if the main issue is merit and not something more like a secret agenda.

If we had not won the CUP meeen i would have been all ears, by the way i am from Edo state, from Ozalla, so i should be arguing for Insurance, you see my problem as a youth i was a Rangers shriner, despite my mum being of yoruba extraction.

I did not live in Enugu, i grew up in Ibadan Shooting should have been my team, but i hated them back then with a passion, but they play better football than Rangers, but we know how to whoop their #$%, with their fancy football. Rangers in the 70/80 were da bomb, i blame the creation of Imo state for the demise of my dear Rangers.

Why did i take you through this, so you can know my stand on this. Insurance may have won the FA cup, but it was not because they had the best players, they had a better team, player for player in those days, who was in Insurance, they were all second best to the players from Shooting, no insult intended.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

megapro wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:

a.
that should give you food for thought cos it shows that my point is not about nationality or tribe but club. did I not make the same case earlier in the thread for monidafe, francis nwosu and agwo?
Well, your position changed the moment the coin was tossed the other way....At least, your response to me had ethnic sentiment all over it. I was not the only one that detected it. Oloye also caught it. If you are not sure, go back and re-read what you wrote in response to my rhetorical [sp] questions.