MODERATION AND THE POLITICS OF LANGUAGE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rogba
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogba »

Moving to Problems & Ideas. I wish we had a trash forum though.
With God all things are possible
Africana
Egg
Egg
Re: MODERATION AND THE POLITICS OF LANGUAGE

Post by Africana »

Gotti wrote:But of course, scratching below the surface, it is often times quite plain to decipher that certain forummers contrive to whine about personal attacks, invective and inelegant language only when employed by those whom they disagree with on substantive or philosophical matters herein.
I have been often taken aback by the brazen extent some moderators and forumers go with these double standards. It is that somebody brings it up once in a while, to conscentize the people involved.

It is rather unfortunate, however, that the matter is raised in the case of a mderator that does not seem to be one of the worst offenders.

I fully support Obinna in locking the thread in question, but I would like to use this opportunity to appeal to him to do it on all similar threads.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

dapo lawal wrote:I've never insulted anyone on this website. I only speak the truth. :roll: :|
The truth may be considered an insult in certain quarters.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

rogba wrote:Gotti, I must admit i've gotten the hint you don't like being an admin. I'm sure you've got a respectable job somewhere on this planet and I can bet my last dollar you comply according to keep your job. Whats the difference here?
ROGBA:
With all due respect, you can begin to prepare to remove me from the list of Administrators (or even ban me from the site), because I will not back down on this one. I assume that we all lead a fulfilled life outside of this forum. I also presume that before some of us personally contrived to START this site from the rump of Allard's site (and were vehemently attacked) and after we have moved on from the site, that life would proceed unabated.

Respect?! What a laugh. When someone recently posted "that Monkey called Gotti" twice on consecutive days this forum where was the respect? When someone made levity of my surname on this forum recently, where was your opprobium?! When a forummer sent hate email to my office last year where were the Indignant Brigade?! And when Ayoakinfe accused me of financial profiteering from the Eagles, in what hole were our ostriches sticking their head?!

Please hang on for second while I go regurgitate my dinner at the bile of HYPOCRISY that pervades this forum! :roll:
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

rogba wrote:Moving to Problems & Ideas. I wish we had a trash forum though.
ROGBA:
The following makes this thread soccer-related (so stop moving it):

I wish that certain folks will stop criticizing Okocha for his purported "mastubatory" dribbles and Chukwu for his purported "cluessness".
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

WAFFLEMAN (aka M&M):
You are free to choose to persist in the personal attacks, and I will remain free (until of course ROGBA carries out his threat to ban me from a site that I helped start) to choose the manner, tone and LANGUAGE of my responses.

....And if I have a problem with it, you can "toss-my-salad" (oops, I did it again) for all I care!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

rogba wrote:Who fit fight pass. Oya I'm about to shut down the site. That is the only fight style i got on this site and i'm gonna excercise it to show i got fight in me too.

This is some funny stuff going on here.

Gotti, I must admit i've gotten the hint you don't like being an admin. I'm sure you've got a respectable job somewhere on this planet and I can bet my last dollar you comply according to keep your job. Whats the difference here?

In a team, you earn your respect by conducting yourself in a manner that is compliant with the
team code of conduct such as respecting the body(team) as well as members of the body. I believe Chief Gabtibag highlighted this point.

My thoughts.
Need I say more. I done and out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

rogba wrote:Moving to Problems & Ideas. I wish we had a trash forum though.
What a good idea!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I shall return it whence it came.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Make una 2 culu culu culu temper, culu culu culu temper!!!
To stop trying is to start dying
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti wrote:WAFFLEMAN (aka M&M):
You are free to choose to persist in the personal attacks, and I will remain free (until of course ROGBA carries out his threat to ban me from a site that I helped start) to choose the manner, tone and LANGUAGE of my responses.

....And if I have a problem with it, you can "toss-my-salad" (oops, I did it again) for all I care!
Omashe oh Gotti! My heart bleeds. :P :P :P :P :P :P

I guess you are the only one who helped start the forum, I do not see such distinguished forumers refer to other forumers with insults asking them to do so and so to private parts or calling their family members nasty names. Respect is both ways, try to respect yourself and everyone else on this forum, instead of whinning.
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

Gotti wrote:I do not wish to resolve anything on the secretive so-called Moderators' Forum. As I have said umpteenth times, it is a partenalistic and patronizing manner to treat issues that arise on the main forum among ADULTS!
I have to say gotti although the level of profanity you used to diss Waffiman was out of order, this shows a great deal of class on your part.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

WAFFLE:
Midget, you persist!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

so__so_scandalous wrote:
Gotti wrote:I do not wish to resolve anything on the secretive so-called Moderators' Forum. As I have said umpteenth times, it is a partenalistic and patronizing manner to treat issues that arise on the main forum among ADULTS!
I have to say gotti although the level of profanity you used to diss Waffiman was out of order, this shows a great deal of class on your part.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Gotti, I hear you very well. Everything you said is as clear as night is to day to me. What part of it they don't understand beats me. Just take heart and stand strong. Don't let them drive you out of this forum. The truth shall ALWAYS prevail and don't let the turkeys get you down.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I just love these Waffle-Gotti fights...

I'm lovin it
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

This is disgusting and I like I said one look no further than this thread...to see why we didnt win the ANC. With threads like this Tunisia didnt need home advantage or her fans.

However since we have started lets finsih it and not become like Ethiopia and Eritriea who fight over the same thing every couple of weeks. :oops:
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

txj wrote:I just love these Waffle-Gotti fights...

I'm lovin it
So you're saying his name has officailly become waffle - that's not fair. He doesn't talk that much rubbish.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What can one say that hasn't already been said? If those who ought to lead by example continue to be the worst culprits, I guess we ought to forget all form of moderatorship henceforth :x.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

dapo lawal wrote:I've never insulted anyone on this website. I only speak the truth. :roll: :|
Dapo Lawal shaaaaaraaaaap dia; you have insulted me countless times, if not for my cool head i for don cuss you.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

THERE IS NO WAY IN THE WORLD THAT THIS IS SOCCER RELATED! IT SHOULD BE MOVED TO R&R OR PROBLEMS AND IDEAS! HABA!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This is getting whack and tiresome!

Much respect to Gotti and Waffi, but this thread is too whack! :shock:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

The dishonesty of some folks here, I think, is responsible for the degree of uncivilness we now find in our discourse. For instance, Cyber Saint attempts to justify his irritating abrasiveness towars all and sundry who have a negative opinion of CCC on the basis that an "insult" to CCC is an insult to him?

Pray, Cybersaint, one can not express a negative opinion of the national coach because he is an "icon"? Is anyone buying into this.

However what is even more irritating is the attempt by some folks to try and portray an equivalence between the rather tame put downs we all use in the heat of debate and what must pass for some of the most intolerant and systematic vitriol unleashed on these pages in recent memory by the "venerable" Gotti.

Ayoakinfe, who to me, is the epitome of restraint on this forum, is somehow portrayed as hypocritical because to some of us here, apparently telling someone he does not know what he is talking about has some sort of equivance to calling them a bottom-feeding lowlife.

The hypocrites here know themselves is all I can say. Pity that many of them also call themselves moderators.
"The youth of a nation must, out of relative obscurity, discover it's mission, fulfill it or betray it"... Frantz Fanon