MODERATION AND THE POLITICS OF LANGUAGE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

rogba wrote:Who fit fight pass. Oya I'm about to shut down the site. That is the only fight style i got on this site and i'm gonna excercise it to show i got fight in me too.

This is some funny stuff going on here.

Gotti, I must admit i've gotten the hint you don't like being an admin. I'm sure you've got a respectable job somewhere on this planet and I can bet my last dollar you comply according to keep your job. Whats the difference here?

In a team, you earn your respect by conducting yourself in a manner that is compliant with the
team code of conduct such as respecting the body(team) as well as members of the body. I believe Chief Gabtibag highlighted this point.

My thoughts.

Can you kindly get in touch with me here

[email protected]

It's important.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

TD, it's always good to hear from you.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Gotti,

The emotions apart, you sure have a lot of blame in this issue. You have many times launched unprovoked attacks on individuals like I can't understand why you resorted to using the word 'cabal' cos a thread was addressed to some guys.

If only you and Waffi stop arguing out your cases, admit your faults and apologise then we can carry on.

I must admit I almost got carried away by the sectionalism that bedevilled the community recently and if I've offended anyone, I AM TRULY TRULY SORRY.

In actual fact I don't think I've used profanity but quasi-vitriolics e.g OBFUSCATION was giving me some kicks but I'm still sorry.

I hope we can forget about when we were right (we always seem to remember when we were right alone and not when others are and were) offer some apologies and let Rogba's server cool down. Remember, not more than 50 replies.

Thanks.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Rogba
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogba »

anointed,

U got mail. Whats cooking?
With God all things are possible
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

If you guys want to keep this forum from degenerating into pure street fighting, you better choose your moderators very carefully. Personally, I think there are 2 people who in my opinionn would never be moderators just based on the way they have conducted themselves.

One is Ayo Akinfe who's ego and arrogance often gets in the way of any purported objectivity he claims to have, and whose dictatorial tendencies are well known.

The other is Waffiman who is the queen of cowardly undercover attacks and low blows. I can't believe this hypocrite is criticizing Gotti on language when he is often the instigator. But what do you expect of a short man. He must hit and (literally) run for im life.

I am tempted to add Suya since he does not seem to have a strong sense of right and wrong but instead floats with the majority opinion (which at times is wrong) or with his personal prejudices. But in general Suya has been cool.

So Rogba, your solution lies in getting rid of those two people.

I nominate Naija Fan as a moderator to replace Ayoakinfe and ShowNoja as another moderator to replace Waffiman. Those guys have been classy throughout and VERY objective.

Kali.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

I nominate you Kali! You are VERY objective too!

ps Ayo Akinfe is no longer a moderator!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

RudeBoy, and If I were moderator you would have been banned long time ago. :lol: :lol:
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

:D :D :lol: :lol:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

RudeBoy wrote:I nominate you Kali! You are VERY objective too!

ps Ayo Akinfe is no longer a moderator!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

ANNOINTED:
You do not realize how many attacks I have ignored in the several years that I have been on Cybereagles. First, I simply ignored them, and folks took license. Second, I started using the phrase 'sweet sounds of silence' and folks got emboldened. Third, I started the 'yawn' sign and folks grew brazen. And finally, I specifically forewarned some and they (particularly the Moronic Midget) totally lost their minds.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I am feeling up to it these days and the gloves have definitely come off! I reserve the right and priviledge to respond to any personal attack with all of the venom and vitroil (thanks, TD) that I choose -- and my attackers will neither choose my language nor which member of their entire family that I may choose to (or not to) attack. Once they throw the first punch, NOTHING is off-limits.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gotti:

at=re you back to the US, as your handle shows?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

KALI:
I will gladly give up the moderatorship (which is nothing but a thankless chore) BEFORE I give up the right to respond to personal attacks herein in any manner and language that I choose.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Gotti:

at=re you back to the US, as your handle shows?
Check your PM.
Obinna
Egg
Egg
RE

Post by Obinna »

I have been away from the forum. So pardon my non-reply to this issue so far. It wasn't a deliberate attempt to dock the issue. Also I can see that this thread has accumulated several responses and it is only right that i read each one and reply accordingly as it relates to me.

Solowe-
Thanks for your compliments. I really don;t lose sleep over your opinion. However, I would like to point two things. One, I really don't have any particular problem against you. However, you do have a history of posting tribalistic ranting threads that have no use on this forum and then you cry when your post is deleted. When your post continues to violates the rules and guidelines constituted by the forum, you put me in position to only do one thing-delete your thread.

Btw- The particluar thread you were talking about was not delete by me but I do support the Moderator who did so because it clearly violated the rules of which this forum frowns upon the most!!
Solowe wrote:
Prince wrote:
Solowe wrote:Gotti,

In my opinion Obinna is the worst moderator, ever, on Cyber Eagles.

This is a guy wrote and dared me, "I deleted your post, what are you going to do about it".

Such attitude and temprement is not ideal in someone with moderating priviledges.
So whar did you do about it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wetin i go do, i wan slap am, but my hand no reach :lol:
Owerri-Aba Road
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

TD wrote:The dishonesty of some folks here, I think, is responsible for the degree of uncivilness we now find in our discourse. For instance, Cyber Saint attempts to justify his irritating abrasiveness towars all and sundry who have a negative opinion of CCC on the basis that an "insult" to CCC is an insult to him?

Pray, Cybersaint, one can not express a negative opinion of the national coach because he is an "icon"? Is anyone buying into this.

TD, actually, my point is much simpler than that: They that live in glass houses should not throw stones. Even if you don't agree with everything I said, you have to agree that CCC is a human being like everyone else on here. Any slander to his person is tantamount to a personal attack. So why is it OK to attack CCC but wrong when I decide to reciprocate. I mean, be sincere, does that make a lot of sense to you??

And moreover, it's one thing to criticize CCC's coaching tactics or lack thereof but going to the extent of making mockery of CCC or levelling vicious & damaging allegation, w/o any shred of evidence (such as: briberly, computer illiteracy, the players have in unison vowed never to answer the national call so long as CCC remains the coach etc) is taking it too far, IMHO.

Meanwhile, the Mr Nice guy version of Cyber Saint is coming back to the forum. So I apologize if I had offended anyone. All in all, I suggest we watch what we post b'cos there are people that actually believe everything they read on here.
Last edited by Cyber Saint on Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Gotti,

I hear you. Its a tendency for some on this forum to start taking potshots at people when you aim for the higher ground. Then when you hit back they start screaming like the waffi midget and crying of gutter this gutter that.

:lol: :lol:
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

kali,

I am tempted to add Suya since he does not seem to have a strong sense of right and wrong but instead floats with the majority opinion (which at times is wrong) or with his personal prejudices.

Please add me......as If F-cking care ! FYI the only prejudice I have is against disrespect and stupidity.
Obinna
Egg
Egg
Re: MODERATION AND THE POLITICS OF LANGUAGE

Post by Obinna »

Africana-

Thanks. People should undertstand that I am unable and it proves almost impossible to read every posting on all the threads that provokes personal inisults, tribalistic ranting, etc.. and all that violates forum rules. When i do stumble unpon them I usally send out a pm to the respective parties and ask them to cool down, etc or even warn. I do my duty as honest as possible and I don;t really have any personal favorites. Are there people that I respect greatly on this forum.. YES! Do i warn them accordingly when do step out of line as anyone else. I DO!

And yes if this particluar thread contiunes on the same thread as the other.. I think it should be LOCKED as well!

Africana wrote:
Gotti wrote:But of course, scratching below the surface, it is often times quite plain to decipher that certain forummers contrive to whine about personal attacks, invective and inelegant language only when employed by those whom they disagree with on substantive or philosophical matters herein.
I have been often taken aback by the brazen extent some moderators and forumers go with these double standards. It is that somebody brings it up once in a while, to conscentize the people involved.

It is rather unfortunate, however, that the matter is raised in the case of a mderator that does not seem to be one of the worst offenders.

I fully support Obinna in locking the thread in question, but I would like to use this opportunity to appeal to him to do it on all similar threads.
Owerri-Aba Road
Blakes
Egg
Egg
Re: MODERATION AND THE POLITICS OF LANGUAGE

Post by Blakes »

Obinna wrote:Africana-

Thanks. People should undertstand that I am unable and it proves almost impossible to read every posting on all the threads that provokes personal inisults, tribalistic ranting, etc.. and all that violates forum rules. When i do stumble unpon them I usally send out a pm to the respective parties and ask them to cool down, etc or even warn. I do my duty as honest as possible and I don;t really have any personal favorites. Are there people that I respect greatly on this forum.. YES! Do i warn them accordingly when do step out of line as anyone else. I DO!

And yes if this particluar thread contiunes on the same thread as the other.. I think it should be LOCKED as well!

Africana wrote:
Gotti wrote:But of course, scratching below the surface, it is often times quite plain to decipher that certain forummers contrive to whine about personal attacks, invective and inelegant language only when employed by those whom they disagree with on substantive or philosophical matters herein.
I have been often taken aback by the brazen extent some moderators and forumers go with these double standards. It is that somebody brings it up once in a while, to conscentize the people involved.

It is rather unfortunate, however, that the matter is raised in the case of a mderator that does not seem to be one of the worst offenders.

I fully support Obinna in locking the thread in question, but I would like to use this opportunity to appeal to him to do it on all similar threads.
Obinna for president...the only problem is that you would be the Nigerian version of a republican....
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Please add me......as If F-cking care ! FYI the only prejudice I have is against disrespect and stupidity.
Tsk tsk. Very bad moderator language.

Suya, you want to know what prejudice is? Its calling that midget friend of yours "class" when he instigated it all by calling me "racist".
Obinna
Egg
Egg
Ok

Post by Obinna »

Gotti-
With all due respect, You and I know that you are being a bit childish here. It is quite unfortunate that many on this forum have insulted you etc and even went to the extent of sending hate mail to your professional line of work. I really sympathize with you. In fact, may i add that the same holds truth in my regards BUT I still continue to take it with a grain of salt. Are you allowed to defend yourself? Yes . But you of all people should know that you Must refrain from using language that proves derogatory to rules of the forum. It was quite unfortunate that what came about as a great thread, trickled into a post filled with sour sprinkled tribalistic, name calling, personal insulting haven. This should not be championed and it is only left to the Moderators to restore calm.
Gotti wrote:KALI:
I will gladly give up the moderatorship (which is nothing but a thankless chore) BEFORE I give up the right to respond to personal attacks herein in any manner and language that I choose.
Owerri-Aba Road
JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: RE

Post by JACKAL »

Obinna,
"I deleted your post, what are you going to do about it".
They always say if you want to know a mans true character, give him a little power. Nothing defines you more than those words words
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg
Re: RE

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Goatti wrote:Image
:o :D :o
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.