Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 1:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

WHICH HIGH SCHOOL HAS NIGERIAS BEST SOCCER CREDENTIALS
CHRIST THE KINGS COLLEGE ONITSHA 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
DENNIS MEMORIAL GRAMMAR SCHOOL ONITSHA 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
ST FINBARS LAGOS 36%  36%  [ 27 ]
EZIAMA HIGH SCHOOL ABA 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
IGBOGBI LAGOS 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
EDO COLLEGE BENIN 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
STELLA MARIS PORT HARCOURT 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
HOLY GHOST COLLEGE OWERRI 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
CMS BARIGA 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
ST GREGS LAGOS 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
NIKE 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:19 pm 

Waffiman wrote:
Where is Hussey College? :shock: :shock: :shock:

In Delta state suffering from neglect :lol: :lol: 8-) . How you go know where the college dey, wey na highbury you dey sleep, ewu Gunner like you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:23 pm 

Suya,
When people disrespect DMGS,all I do is laugh because in the mid 70s that was the school as far as soccer was concerned in the East.
I remember when we mauled Arugo,Government college Umuahia,CKC,Eziama and the rest on our way to national soccer stardom.
Schools were whitewashed by scorelines such as 5-1 vs Arugo in the East central state finals, 5-2 vs Government college ,Umuahia and 4-0 whipping of CKC even with Camel.
Names that come to mind are
1) Igariga-Onyekwelu who played for Rangers
2)Waski aka Policeman-Nnamdi Anyafo-played for rangers and marked out mathematical Odegbami during the 1977 cup winners in Ilorin b/w Rangers and sooting star.
3) Ochiwar-played for rangers
4)Abule scissors
5)Abuma
6)cool boy
7)Aya aya
8)Jackzili[/b][/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:01 am 

umudim01 wrote:
Suya,
When people disrespect DMGS,all I do is laugh because in the mid 70s that was the school as far as soccer was concerned in the East.
I remember when we mauled Arugo,Government college Umuahia,CKC,Eziama and the rest on our way to national soccer stardom.
Schools were whitewashed by scorelines such as 5-1 vs Arugo in the East central state finals, 5-2 vs Government college ,Umuahia and 4-0 whipping of CKC even with Camel.
Names that come to mind are
1) Igariga-Onyekwelu who played for Rangers
2)Waski aka Policeman-Nnamdi Anyafo-played for rangers and marked out mathematical Odegbami during the 1977 cup winners in Ilorin b/w Rangers and sooting star.
3) Ochiwar-played for rangers
4)Abule scissors
5)Abuma
6)cool boy
7)Aya aya
8)Jackzili[/b]
[/quote]

With names like Abuma, cool boy, Abule scissors, mmmm i am tempted to wonder what kind of football to expect from this school. But since you talked about mauling, i get the jist. But sha people dey get some powerful names in those days. e.g scatter, machine gun, bazooka, Jango, Zorro etc, but Abule Scissors!, that one get as e be, let me guess, how many people the guy send go the orthopeadic hospital wey dey Enugu. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:07 am 

SUYA wrote:
Tacci grow up......if u know anything about the topic at hand then contribute. It is not a must that you need to comment on everything on this board....we already know you are one of the slow ones from next door.

who are you calling slow :roll:

while i run under 11 sec @ 100m you go chop eba... :lol:

BTW where is the full size pic? i wanna laugh at your potbelly! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:24 am 

oloye wrote:
The mere fact that you omitted CMS Bariga and St Gregory's Obalende from that list makes it invalid.

And Ibadan Grammar School

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:24 am 

oloye wrote:
The mere fact that you omitted CMS Bariga and St Gregory's Obalende from that list makes it invalid.

And Ibadan Grammar School

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:14 pm 

For there is a grand old Team to Play for
There is a grand old team to know
When you read their history ,
It's enough to make your heart grow glaaad
We don't care whether we Wn or lose or draw
Nor worry how we fare, For we only know there's going to be a match,
And St Gregory's Collgee must be there!
Must be there!
Gregs! Gregs!! Gregs !!! Gregs !!!!!
G- R- E- G- O -R -Y- S < GREGORY'S> :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:22 pm 

Bajan:

When did Gregs steal that song? That song is and will always belong to Finbarrs' :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:50 pm 

Out of the shadows of the past
we come to cheer you
Boys of the Old Brigade of Gallant CIC
And a thousand voices ring in mighty chorus
Boys of the young St Mary unto victory.

Fearless and strong are the boys of St Mary's college
Glorious, strong, loyal sons of the old white and blue
Brave heart and true
Write their name in triumphant story
Onward march on boys of CIC to glory

Semper Fidelis!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:54 pm 

FGC eleven is a mighty team
arise, arise arise
a team of FGC
we are the best in bendel state
we shall win the principals cup
tralalalala....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

In Delta state suffering from neglect :lol: :lol: 8-) . How you go know where the college dey, wey na highbury you dey sleep, ewu Gunner like you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No list about Secondary school football can ever be complete without Hussey College.

I mean I can tell legendary tales of STC (Sam Okpodu) versus Uhrobo college, or Ughele Govt college etc. etc. These schools were legendary but those Hussey boys after them don sort out the delata proper, dem go come go Benin go whoop wetin them organised they wait them.

It was so bad, Gov Ogbemudia decided to go create a school specially for spots (New Era) to take on Hussey College.

Even the year wey Edobor play for New Era, they did not win the Principles cup. It was when they went and doctored the team even more they won it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:35 pm 

Yiba wrote:
Suya,
Abeg wetin DMGS dey do for the list above ? Me na ECOBA but Edokpolor grammar school or Hussey for dey there.

Very stupid question. Your head de house so :?: :!:

:arrow: By the way, let me emphasize that I'm not affiliated to DMGS :!:

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:18 am 

Bajan wrote:
For there is a grand old house to Play for
There is a grand old house to know
When you see the Dore boys
It's enough to make your heart grow glaaad
We don't care whether we Wn or lose or draw
Nor worry how we fare, For we only know there's going to be a match,
And St Gregory's Collgee must be there!
Must be there!
Gregs! Gregs!! Gregs !!! Gregs !!!!!
G- R- E- G- O -R -Y- S < GREGORY'S> :D :D :D

That was my house song. Great song!

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:30 pm 

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

Very stupid question. Your head de house so :?: :!:

:arrow: By the way, let me emphasize that I'm not affiliated to DMGS :!:

Cheers.

What a stupid answer above.Please stick to killing Tigers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:13 am 

Compile a truly NATIONAL list,that takes in every legitimate football powerhouse,then we can start voting. Hope Waddell Institute,Calabar is where the very first football match was played in Nigeria in 1902,and the scholl has produced its fair share of National players from the UK Tourist team to the likes of Charles Bassey(MON) of the 1980 Eagles,keeper Etta Egbe,and John Ene Okon.Another powerhouse in the area was Saint Patrick's College,Calabar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:28 am 

Obong,
John Ene Okon (Akpakpan) did not go to Hope Waddell. Check your records.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:39 pm 

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

No list about Secondary school football can ever be complete without Hussey College.

I mean I can tell legendary tales of STC (Sam Okpodu) versus Uhrobo college, or Ughele Govt college etc. etc. These schools were legendary but those Hussey boys after them don sort out the delata proper, dem go come go Benin go whoop wetin them organised they wait them.

It was so bad, Gov Ogbemudia decided to go create a school specially for spots (New Era) to take on Hussey College.

Even the year wey Edobor play for New Era, they did not win the Principles cup. It was when they went and doctored the team even more they won it.

Hussey was good, but in 83 when the likes of temile, oshoff, kator and co qualifled for the final and comfronted a lodaed edokpolor from agbonagbare to elahor, they collected 3-0.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:05 am 

megapro wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Hussey was good, but in 83 when the likes of temile, oshoff, kator and co qualifled for the final and comfronted a lodaed edokpolor from agbonagbare to elahor, they collected 3-0.

My broda Clement Temile left Hussey 81 and Kator in 82.They both played in the 1981 final against Edokpolor.The score was 1-1 but Hussey lost 2-1 in the replay match at Obe stadium. In 1984/85 Hussey won the Cup with Mike Obiku.

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:48 am 

bouncino wrote:
Obong,
John Ene Okon (Akpakpan) did not go to Hope Waddell. Check your records.

Bouncino,just like he did not go to Unical?Secondary school football in Nigeria went "nuclear" decades ago.Check again.He played for Hope Waddell.Better still,find out from him,or his brother,African Escape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:30 am 

Obong,
I agree with you. John Ene Okon was my teammate in the Unical team and he was not our student. Same with Kofi our keeper.

Like I earlier stated, what you see at state level is a collection of players not necessarily the school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:08 pm 

:D Abbey abi na wetin call How do you steal something that was yours from 1928 from Your Finbarrs only came on stream in the very late50s or early 60s.?

Sir V it was a great song and i visited the old school for another business entirely and the Administrator invited me to address the Asssembly .It was an impromptu thing but i advised the boys that they were privileged to be attending the Best School ever in any apart of the globe and they could be greater human beings tomorrow by staying away from Drugs, bad company and above all being obedient to God and respect both teachers and parents.

I told them never to be like the Chicken in the barn but look beyond and have the vison of the Eagle.
The Boys burst out and rendered that famous war song "For there's a Grand Old Team" i felt an inward satisfaction that some of us can still come back to the school many decades after and inspire the young ones coming behind.

I wonder how many can still hold up their heads high and visit their schools. But To St Gregorys i owe a lot especially my mulitple ability to participate in many sports not only physically but technicallly as the rules of all sports and games were taught in all classes so that you dont Interprete rules upside down which is very common nowadays. Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:13 pm 

Sir V wrote:
megapro wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

My broda Clement Temile left Hussey 81 and Kator in 82.They both played in the 1981 final against Edokpolor.The score was 1-1 but Hussey lost 2-1 in the replay match at Obe stadium. In 1984/85 Hussey won the Cup with Mike Obiku.

Sir V,
Temile played in Hussey 1983 against us (FGCWarri). we knew he was a mercenary cos he had played for them 8 years in a row but they claimed he was registered in A levels alongside fellow footballers alika and oshoff. That day mr nwokolo (the ref and our sportsmaster) chased him around the pitch with a hockey stick.
Futhermore Essi won the warri zone in 81 by beating us in the finals 2-1.(emma Ikomi)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:18 pm 

megapro wrote:
Sir V wrote:
megapro wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Sir V,
Temile played in Hussey 1983 against us (FGCWarri). we knew he was a mercenary cos he had played for them 8 years in a row but they claimed he was registered in A levels alongside fellow footballers alika and oshoff. That day mr nwokolo (the ref and our sportsmaster) chased him around the pitch with a hockey stick.
Futhermore Essi won the warri zone in 81 by beating us in the finals 2-1.(emma Ikomi)

Megapro,

Temile was not a mercenary. I rememberwatching Temile played for Iwere College Junior team and he was in form 2 at that time. He later moved to Hussey in 1978/1979. So how come he played for Hussey for 8 years in a row?

In 1981, I watched the final betweem Hussey and Edokpolor at the S and T(military base) near Uniben. Humphrey Jebba, Michael Obi. Mobosa Brodricks, and Temile all played in that match.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next