Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 2:07 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

WHICH HIGH SCHOOL HAS NIGERIAS BEST SOCCER CREDENTIALS
CHRIST THE KINGS COLLEGE ONITSHA 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
DENNIS MEMORIAL GRAMMAR SCHOOL ONITSHA 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
ST FINBARS LAGOS 36%  36%  [ 27 ]
EZIAMA HIGH SCHOOL ABA 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
IGBOGBI LAGOS 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
EDO COLLEGE BENIN 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
STELLA MARIS PORT HARCOURT 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
HOLY GHOST COLLEGE OWERRI 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
CMS BARIGA 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
ST GREGS LAGOS 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
NIKE 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:40 pm 

Sir V wrote:
megapro wrote:
Sir V wrote:
megapro wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Where is Hussey College? :shock: :shock: :shock:

In Delta state suffering from neglect :lol: :lol: 8-) . How you go know where the college dey, wey na highbury you dey sleep, ewu Gunner like you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No list about Secondary school football can ever be complete without Hussey College.

I mean I can tell legendary tales of STC (Sam Okpodu) versus Uhrobo college, or Ughele Govt college etc. etc. These schools were legendary but those Hussey boys after them don sort out the delata proper, dem go come go Benin go whoop wetin them organised they wait them.

It was so bad, Gov Ogbemudia decided to go create a school specially for spots (New Era) to take on Hussey College.

Even the year wey Edobor play for New Era, they did not win the Principles cup. It was when they went and doctored the team even more they won it.

Hussey was good, but in 83 when the likes of temile, oshoff, kator and co qualifled for the final and comfronted a lodaed edokpolor from agbonagbare to elahor, they collected 3-0.

My broda Clement Temile left Hussey 81 and Kator in 82.They both played in the 1981 final against Edokpolor.The score was 1-1 but Hussey lost 2-1 in the replay match at Obe stadium. In 1984/85 Hussey won the Cup with Mike Obiku.

Sir V,
Temile played in Hussey 1983 against us (FGCWarri). we knew he was a mercenary cos he had played for them 8 years in a row but they claimed he was registered in A levels alongside fellow footballers alika and oshoff. That day mr nwokolo (the ref and our sportsmaster) chased him around the pitch with a hockey stick.
Futhermore Essi won the warri zone in 81 by beating us in the finals 2-1.(emma Ikomi)

Megapro,

Temile was not a mercenary. I rememberwatching Temile played for Iwere College Junior team and he was in form 2 at that time. He later moved to Hussey in 1978/1979. So how come he played for Hussey for 8 years in a row?

In 1981, I watched the final betweem Hussey and Edokpolor at the S and T(military base) near Uniben. Humphrey Jebba, Michael Obi. Mobosa Brodricks, and Temile all played in that match.

Sir V,
we are saying the same thing then. I am not contesting the fact that temile played in the 81 final. I am only confirming that at 83 he still played. the 8 year story then was just a jibe at hussey college for always bringing him back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:19 pm 

megapro wrote:
Sir V wrote:
megapro wrote:
Sir V wrote:
megapro wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Where is Hussey College? :shock: :shock: :shock:

In Delta state suffering from neglect :lol: :lol: 8-) . How you go know where the college dey, wey na highbury you dey sleep, ewu Gunner like you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No list about Secondary school football can ever be complete without Hussey College.

I mean I can tell legendary tales of STC (Sam Okpodu) versus Uhrobo college, or Ughele Govt college etc. etc. These schools were legendary but those Hussey boys after them don sort out the delata proper, dem go come go Benin go whoop wetin them organised they wait them.

It was so bad, Gov Ogbemudia decided to go create a school specially for spots (New Era) to take on Hussey College.

Even the year wey Edobor play for New Era, they did not win the Principles cup. It was when they went and doctored the team even more they won it.

Hussey was good, but in 83 when the likes of temile, oshoff, kator and co qualifled for the final and comfronted a lodaed edokpolor from agbonagbare to elahor, they collected 3-0.

My broda Clement Temile left Hussey 81 and Kator in 82.They both played in the 1981 final against Edokpolor.The score was 1-1 but Hussey lost 2-1 in the replay match at Obe stadium. In 1984/85 Hussey won the Cup with Mike Obiku.

Sir V,
Temile played in Hussey 1983 against us (FGCWarri). we knew he was a mercenary cos he had played for them 8 years in a row but they claimed he was registered in A levels alongside fellow footballers alika and oshoff. That day mr nwokolo (the ref and our sportsmaster) chased him around the pitch with a hockey stick.
Futhermore Essi won the warri zone in 81 by beating us in the finals 2-1.(emma Ikomi)

Megapro,

Temile was not a mercenary. I rememberwatching Temile played for Iwere College Junior team and he was in form 2 at that time. He later moved to Hussey in 1978/1979. So how come he played for Hussey for 8 years in a row?

In 1981, I watched the final betweem Hussey and Edokpolor at the S and T(military base) near Uniben. Humphrey Jebba, Michael Obi. Mobosa Brodricks, and Temile all played in that match.

Sir V,
we are saying the same thing then. I am not contesting the fact that temile played in the 81 final. I am only confirming that at 83 he still played. the 8 year story then was just a jibe at hussey college for always bringing him back.

Man be don fear, because I know Temile very well.

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:30 pm 

Where is NEW ERA grammar shool in Benin, This was the school Edobor, Elahor, Osaro Obobaifo; Roland Ewere; Igbinabaro, Oliha, Agbonibare, Victor Igbinoba and Poropo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:32 pm 

Where is NEW ERA grammar shool in Benin, This was the school Edobor, Elahor, Osaro Obobaifo; Roland Ewere; Igbinabaro, Oliha, Agbonibare, Victor Igbinoba and Poropo.All attended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:19 pm 

cannot forget an epic friendly between us, edo college and finbarrs complete with nwosu, adedeji, skoro, etc. ended 3-3 at a packed ogbe stadium...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:20 pm 

u forgot to add eghosa grammer school..

goldenpen wrote:
Where is NEW ERA grammar shool in Benin, This was the school Edobor, Elahor, Osaro Obobaifo; Roland Ewere; Igbinabaro, Oliha, Agbonibare, Victor Igbinoba and Poropo.All attended.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:28 pm 

txj wrote:
cannot forget an epic friendly between us, edo college and finbarrs complete with nwosu, adedeji, skoro, etc. ended 3-3 at a packed ogbe stadium...

Txj

I was at the stadium, that was a great match. You forgot to mention Keshi and Edema Benson. Edo college had Prince Efejukwu, Dunbi, George Ebojor, Sabuke. Also,.Edo college played a freindly match agaist the Tanzanian team, Simba. Those were tune up matches before they went to represent Nigeria.

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:34 pm 

goldenpen wrote:

To me New Era and Edokpolor were the same. In 1979 or 80, they moved all the boys at New Era to Edokpolor and all the girls at Edokpolor to New Era.

Last edited by Sir V on Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:43 pm 

txj wrote:

I heard about this epic encounter at the time as well though i was not fortunate enough to witness it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:56 am 

Sir V, edokpolor and new era used to be the same school? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What led to the separation?

Western boys(Airewele) were another great football power house in benin back in the dayz. Used to enjoy their real life do or die encounters with eghosa grammar school. :lol: :lol: :lol:

“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=36099

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:21 am 

GIN wrote:
Sir V, edokpolor and new era used to be the same school? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Western boys(Airewele) were another great football power house in benin back in the dayz. Used to enjoy their real life do or die encounters with eghosa grammar school. :lol: :lol: :lol:

of course not. Don't mind me. Just refering to the footballers that moved fron New Era in that period.

Last edited by Sir V on Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:04 am 

Sir V wrote:
txj wrote:

Txj

I was at the stadium, that was a great match. You forgot to mention Keshi and Edema Benson. Edo college had Prince Efejukwu, Dunbi, George Ebojor, Sabuke. Also,.Edo college played a freindly match agaist the Tanzanian team, Simba. Those were tune up matches before they went to represent Nigeria.

with the dreaded pondamali in the tanzanian goal.
Edo college was in Bendel state division 1 league.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:06 am 

GIN wrote:

edokpolor = new era
just like:
edo college = idia
ICC = Maria gorreti.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:05 am 

megapro wrote:
GIN wrote:

edokpolor = new era
just like:
edo college = idia
ICC = Maria gorreti.

:lol: :lol: More like;

IICC = 3SC
Eselemo = Sharks
Kano Pilars = Raccah
Spatans = ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:30 am 

Sir V wrote:
megapro wrote:
GIN wrote:

edokpolor = new era
just like:
edo college = idia
ICC = Maria gorreti.

:lol: :lol: More like;

IICC = 3SC
Eselemo = Sharks
Kano Pilars = Raccah
Spatans = ?

Spartans=Iwanyanwu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:53 pm 

The original Spartans were the East Central State XI which featured at National Sports Festivals before the Owerri club adopted the name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:56 pm 

That true CIC....they wore yellow and black.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:57 pm 

cic old boy wrote:
The original Spartans were the East Central State XI which featured at National Sports Festivals before the Owerri club adopted the name.

Do you remember Umelo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:24 am 

who remembers a certain Azuka of soccer gold medalists ogun state in Bendel 81 national sports festival?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:53 am 

megapro wrote:
who remembers a certain Azuka of soccer gold medalists ogun state in Bendel 81 national sports festival?

I don't remember that guy, Azuka.

I always get confused with both NUGA 80(UNIBEN) and Bendel 81.Both games took place at Uniben sports Complex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:12 am 

Sir V wrote:
Do you remember Umelo?

Godwin Umelo? My memory is a bit hazy. Was he not a goalie for Vasco?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:57 pm 

cic old boy wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Do you remember Umelo?

Godwin Umelo? My memory is a bit hazy. Was he not a goalie for Vasco?

Umelo was a golie for Spartans. May be he moved from Vasco to spartans. Great keeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

txj, Edo college stole most of Urhobo college players for their Principles Cup campaign for that year.

They also got Nwosu the same way. It was pure ojoro.

BTW! Urhobo college too can ball and their contest with Hussey and Sapele Technical colleges are the stuff of legend in the Delta.

For me, there is no matching Hussey College.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next