Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

WHICH HIGH SCHOOL HAS NIGERIAS BEST SOCCER CREDENTIALS
CHRIST THE KINGS COLLEGE ONITSHA 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
DENNIS MEMORIAL GRAMMAR SCHOOL ONITSHA 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
ST FINBARS LAGOS 36%  36%  [ 27 ]
EZIAMA HIGH SCHOOL ABA 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
IGBOGBI LAGOS 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
EDO COLLEGE BENIN 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
STELLA MARIS PORT HARCOURT 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
HOLY GHOST COLLEGE OWERRI 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
CMS BARIGA 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
ST GREGS LAGOS 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
NIKE 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:07 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "underneath the mango tree" kai.. SUYA.. those are fighting words...

fyi, the likes of KANU. KALU. SIASIA.. OKWARAJI and co.. went to schools in IMO or the ISU Njaba area.. besides there should be one school in the aba area...

and for the record.. ABIA STATE INTERNATIONAL IS NOT UNDERNEATH THE MANGO TREE... WE PREFER UDARA!!!!!!!!!!111 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SUYA wrote:
Quote:
SUYA.. RESPECT YOUR SELF OH.. HOW COME I DONT SEE ABIA STATE INTERNATIONAL UTURU// OR ISU NJABA SECONDARY SCHOOL OR ALL THE SCHOOLS LIKE GOVERMENT COLLEGE

Obinna........sharrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaap dia. We are talking secondary schools and not comprehensive underneath the mango tree institutions. When we need to tabulate typing speed we will remember u all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

Unisol wrote:
where is international school lagos on that list :twisted:

who dash ISL ? MSCHEWWWWWWWWWWW

On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:16 pm 

Quote:
fyi, the likes of KANU. KALU. SIASIA.. OKWARAJI and co.. went to schools in IMO or the ISU Njaba area.. besides there should be one school in the aba area...

Obinna I hope the accident did not affect your sight O. Or has Eziama moved from Aba to another city? I hope its the latter. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:21 pm 

ohenhen1 wrote:
SUYA wrote:
Quote:
I went to St finbars, and played left full back

Based on that alone....we should take it of the list.

We were a feared team, and still we are still feared. Don't hate on St finbars.

So was Shina Rambo ! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:22 pm 

BabaNaija wrote:
Suya, that list is not complete without Enugu schools. Are you kidding me?

Awkunanaw boys, CIC, Nike, Colliery Comprehensive Ngwo.

In fact, the defunct Vasco Da Gama (cum Udoji Utd.) was initially made up of predominantly CIC graduates i.e. Steve Ezuah, Sir Mgbaka etc. CIC also had IK Ofoje and his bro at the time. They were so powerful then that they even played friendlies with Rangers.
At least one of these should make the list. Make your pick.

My bro, you dey mind Suya and his yawa list? :roll:

CIC was the only school to win the International Schools contest with under-17 year olds and no mercenaries. Not to mention giving Nigeria one its youngest ever ANC winners in Ifeanyi Onyedika. I don't even want to talk about Justin Onwudiwe, a member of the Red Devils tour of the UK in 1949 (Oga Ohsee can fill you in with the details as he was embedded with the team as a Daily Times reporter). Onwudiwe played fullback for Lagos Railways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:26 pm 

Megapro, so Friday Elaho attended Secondary School? He must have been a mercenary because his english is too poor for someone with a Secondary School certificate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:27 pm 

cic old boy wrote:
BabaNaija wrote:

In fact, the defunct Vasco Da Gama (cum Udoji Utd.) was initially made up of predominantly CIC graduates i.e. Steve Ezuah, Sir Mgbaka etc. CIC also had IK Ofoje and his bro at the time. They were so powerful then that they even played friendlies with Rangers.

CIC was the only school to win the International Schools contest with under-17 year olds and no mercenaries. Not to mention giving Nigeria one its youngest ever ANC winners in Ifeanyi Onyedika. I don't even want to talk about Justin Onwudiwe, a member of the Red Devils tour of the UK in 1949 (Oga Ohsee can fill you in with the details as he was embedded with the team as a Daily Times reporter). Onwudiwe played fullback for Lagos Railways.

was Ifeanyi onyedika younger than Henry nwosu in 1980?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:31 pm 

haha..haha.. ehem... fine you got me there... BUT STILL ABIA STATE INTERNATIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOL should be there.. OR AT least MARIS BROTHERS IN UTURU OKIGWE should be there as well..

plus AMUCHA.. SECONDARY SCHOOL has to be considered... or any secondary school in orlu.. IF KANU can travel all the way to amucha from owerri to play in a village league... during his nationale days.. that should tell you how competitve it was back then..

btw: how was mexico

SUYA wrote:
Quote:

Obinna I hope the accident did not affect your sight O. Or has Eziama moved from Aba to another city? I hope its the latter. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:33 pm 

megapro wrote:

They were about the same age. It's hard to tell with Naija players. But those two used to hang out together at national camp and were the youngest in the camp then. My guess is that Onyedika was about 22 in 1980.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:44 pm 

Unisol wrote:
where is international school lagos on that list :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you mean local school Lagos? I beg go siddon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:56 pm 

cic old boy wrote:
megapro wrote:

They were about the same age. It's hard to tell with Naija players. But those two used to hang out together at national camp and were the youngest in the camp then. My guess is that Onyedika was about 22 in 1980.

Henry Nwosu was the youngest gold medalist of the SE at 18 in 1980.
he later played U21 qualifiers in 1981 but lost to cameroun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:03 pm 

So Suya don chop humble pie :lol: :lol: :lol: How Nike no go dey that list. This is the school that produces majority of Rangers players. Jay Jay, both Emma and Austin, Chukwu, Atuegbu, Andrew Uwe, and so on. Remember Cardif exploits. On top of that, they held Anambra state principals cup more than any other school in old Anambra, CKC included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:11 pm 

Finbars had the reputation for a while of churning out soccer talent that graced Nigeria's soccer landscape. I don't know about the present day Finbars though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:13 pm 

Mudi E wrote:
Finbars had the reputation for a while of churning out soccer talent that graced Nigeria's soccer landscape. I don't know about the present day Finbars though.

Please Finbars was always using mercs to play the principal cup. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:23 pm 

How can we forget the great Urhobo college under principal Mukoro
Chei! those were the days, remember these names, Oyibocha, Kator, Mukpedi, Bunk titikalo, Godwin the goalkeeper, the Aso brothers, Waidi who was a better player compared to Okocha, meeen secondary school football was played by men back in the days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:07 am 

Ipe Grams wrote:
SSTAR wrote:
BTW, you claiming to have gone to the school and played left back, how come you can't spell the school's name right???
:?: :roll: :?: :cry: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Only one year in school as a mercenary thats why. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And true true, e fit be say Finbarr's "rent" Ohenhen1 from Wema/National bank to nullify Ansar-udeen/Saka Tinubu

Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:57 am 

How una omit methodist college Uzuakoli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:24 am 

cic old boy wrote:
BabaNaija wrote:

Nna, my older bro went to CIC so I used to be a big fan during the Sir Mgbaka, Ezua them days. i was quite young but never missed any of their matches, especially the ones at the Temporary stadium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:41 am 

SUYA:

So u omitted AJ area schools?

Abeg, add:

TRINITY COLLEGE
UNITED CHRITIAN
GASKIYA COLLEGE

Without these schools, u would not even hear of guys like Tarila Okorowanta, Patrick Osuji, Segun Adeleke (NEPA & SE) and even guys like Siasia started with these schools and played as mercenaries for Fimbarrs, Gregs etc.l

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:10 am 

quickie wrote:
Ipe Grams wrote:
SSTAR wrote:
BTW, you claiming to have gone to the school and played left back, how come you can't spell the school's name right???
:?: :roll: :?: :cry: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Only one year in school as a mercenary thats why. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And true true, e fit be say Finbarr's "rent" Ohenhen1 from Wema/National bank to nullify Ansar-udeen/Saka Tinubu

Q

Saka Tinubu ke? No be the same school in Agege. In the Agege/Alimosho Educational District of Lagos state, Saka Tinubu can not clean the shoes of schools such as Dairy Farm Secondary School, Sango, Keke, State High School Oyewole and LAFRO Grams talkless of the Almighty Anwaru-Islam College. Please comot Saka Tinubu from your list

Last edited by Toxicarrow on Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:11 am 

oloye wrote:
By the way wetin Igbobi College dey find there, were they better than CMS and Gregs . Refresh my memory o jare how did Igbobi college manage to enter that list, did you attend Igbobi college, because that would explain a lot of things.
Meanwhile add the following
St Charles Osogbo
Aquina College - Akure
Olivet Heights - Oyo
Methodist High School Ibadan
Well may be GCI and Ibadan Grams, but the above 4 schools were helele in th days of Western state and Oyo State.

St charles Osogbo was one of the best in the days of western state/oyo state. I still remember ademola adeshina and Bayo adeshina, Bayo was my classmate back then.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:36 am 

oloye wrote:
Methodist High School Ibadan
Well may be GCI and Ibadan Grams, but the above 4 schools were helele in th days of Western state and Oyo State.

Oloye:

In Ibadan area, Loyola College, Goodwill (Adekile) and Lagelu Grammar were also "spoilers" in those days. I remember 1986 Principals Cup in which then First Bank of Lagos first choice goalie, Lucky, was in goal for Lagelu Grammar, which lost to Methodist or Adekile in the quarter-final. It was a great game that ended in "Ake UTC" flying in the air ! :lol: :lol:

Okebadan High School is the one known for "thuggery" on the field NOT soccer skills.

Although I did not go to secondary schools in Ibadan, I had fun in my brief stay in Ibadan back then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:39 am 

Anwar-ru-Islam College, Agege, should be on the list. It was a nightmare for both Finbars and Igbobi College in the Lagos State FA Cup.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next