Travelling Arrangements For Premiership Players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Larry Ashagbe
Travelling Arrangements For Premiership Players

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

The Premiership boys will have their final match on the Jan the 10th.

They will all converge in London on the Jan the 11th and will leave on the 11th or at the latest on the 12th.

Premiership Players Will Go Straight To Tunisia.

The way I understood it as of today, they will be heading straight to Tunisia to meet the rest of the team.

John Utaka has still got the following matches to play

Jan the 3rd v Le Mans (French Cup)

Jan the 10th v Nantes (French League)

Jan the 13rd v Sochaux (Another Type Of French Cup).

John Utaka will leave straight for Tunisia on Jan the 14th.

Lens FC has a big African contigency (14 players but not all are going ANC and will lose majority of the players) and that is the plan agreed between Lens FC and the other African FAs.

If there is a change, will update you.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

I wonder if they'll travel bearing gifts for their fellow Nigerians.

Okocha may hit KFC again like he did before the Venezuela match.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Lets us hear you opininion of these travelling arrangements.

Are they acceptable to you or do you think their departure is too late?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:Lets us hear you opininion of these travelling arrangements.

I think travelling a day after their last premiership game is fair.

Okocha ought to be able to catch a direct flight to Portugal from Manchester which is very close to Bolton.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

27 wrote:
Larry Ashagbe wrote:Lets us hear you opininion of these travelling arrangements.

I think travelling a day after their last premiership game is fair.

Okocha ought to be able to catch a direct flight to Portugal from Manchester which is very close to Bolton.
I beg to disagree, Okocha should trek to Faro, at least that will teach him some lesson and might help him stop all that masturbatory dribbles :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Larry:

Is John Utaka exempted from the January 6th deadline imposed by CCC?
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Abbey,

I am not sure there is a Jan 6th deadline but will speak to hom tomorrow night after his match.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Good question!!! John Utaka should report to camp and 4get about the freaking "other" french league cup!!!

Besides he in NOT a premier league player so what is all this nonsense????
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

f.frank,
you said it all
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
PC
Egg
Egg

Post by PC »

Nevermind the January 6th deadline imposed by Chukwu, how about the 14 day deadline imposed by FIFA?

Larry, has Utaka been granted clearance to play against Sochaux on January 13th -- a mere eleven days before the start of the ANC?
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Larry:

Are these arrangements being made with the approval of the coaching crew? The problem with this is that it clearly guarantees these players automatic shirts on the 22-man squad. Now I have not gone to check who all of them might be but there certainly is something seriously wrong if guys who ordinarily may not be sure of making the squad are now finding ways to get on the final squad without actually competing. I have no problem if the likes of Okocha, and Kanu get automatic shirts but who are the rest angling for the automatic shirts?

What was the Faro Camp about, may I ask?
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

PC,

January 6th deadline imposed by Chukwu was a story whipped up by our Nigeria journalist and turned it into a big issue.

CCC probably mentioned it in a conversation and they latched on to it.

Sochaux on January 13th is what Lens FC wanted and does not mean it will happen unless he gets permission.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Enugu II,

All what you said makes sense but things are done differently in Nigeria.

All the Premiership boys will make the final 22 otherwise what is the point of going?

There are

Baba
Yakubu
Yobo
JJ
Kanu
Okoronkwo

Pls, remind me if I left anyoe out.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Larry, are you saying Utaka won't be in the camp at all? If that is the case then he won't have played any of the friendlies CCC wants to use to determine which players he wants to take to the ANC.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Its a Goal,

What friendlies are you going on about?

Don't waste your time thinking that there will be friendlies.

Who is organising those friendlies?

There are no friendlies in Faro and if there is, it is against local sides.

Utaka is busy playing competitive match for his club and will link up with the rest of them later.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

The game against Sochaux does seem excessive I think. Can't he turn up with the England-based guys at least?
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Paveman,

I agree with you.

Utaka should pack his bags after the Nantes match and head towards Faro or Tunisia or wherever the team would be at the time.

I will speak to the camp tomorrow and will get a proper handle of what is happening.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Enugu II wrote:Larry:

Are these arrangements being made with the approval of the coaching crew? The problem with this is that it clearly guarantees these players automatic shirts on the 22-man squad. Now I have not gone to check who all of them might be but there certainly is something seriously wrong if guys who ordinarily may not be sure of making the squad are now finding ways to get on the final squad without actually competing. I have no problem if the likes of Okocha, and Kanu get automatic shirts but who are the rest angling for the automatic shirts?

What was the Faro Camp about, may I ask?

Enugu: Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttt?

Kanu get automatic shirt? On what grounds????

Tufiakwa??? God forbid bad thing....I mean, what has he done to merit a place...Is it playing against teenagers in the Carling cup or for all the premiership goals he has been thundering into the oppositions net
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Martins will be in Tunisia!!! i just looked into my crystal ball i can see an NFA official accompanying him to TUNIS. it will Happen.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It is highly unacceptable for Utaka to miss the Faro camp. Ogbeche is camp, right? If he doesn't show up by Jan 11th, he should stay his butt at France. I just hope CCC can begin to get tough with these players.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Its a Goal,

Yep right, Ogbeche is in camp.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Larry Ashagbe[/color] wrote:Its a Goal,

Yep right, Ogbeche is in camp.
In that case Utaka should depart for Faro immediately. That is totally unacceptable on his part unless the NFA and CCC agreed to it, which makes it all the more wrong :?.

Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Its a Goal,

My friend relax yourself and don't jump to conclusions.