OKPOMO ON OBAFEMI: FORGET HIM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

Eagle Winged wrote:
Football Manager wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Bell wrote:I'M ACTING ONLY ON PUBLICLY-AVAILABLE INFORMATION AND MY COMMENTS SHOULD BE TAKEN AS SUCH

I think C3 should take a vow that as long as he's coach, Martins would never play for Nigeria.

Since we don't know how long C3 will be there, the NFA should make an identical vow.

ENUGUII
Right or wrong, I don't think Nigeria should take the matter up to FIFA - it would be too petty and undignified. Nigeria, anyway, only wants people who would proudly represent her.
Bell
Bell: For how much longer do you think that Chukwu will be coach?
If he wins the ANC he will take us to the World Cup, SIMPLE!
God help us all.
Why do you hate CC so much?
Bell

Post by Bell »

ANIKULAPO
If I had my way, C3 would be evaluated among IC's only and the winner would get the job. Actually, as I've said for the umpteenth time, I'd prefer a well-crafted consortium of Nigeria's best minds.

EAGLE WINGED
So you would not let C3 if he wins Tunisia? Against the likes of France's WC coaches Lemerre and Michel. Now you see why people question the motives of pro-FC's?
Bell
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Bell, get this into your narrow minded, biggoted head; i'm not pro-FC.
Yes, you're right. If CCC wins in Tunisia, i'll give him his props. But i'll still want the the man fired.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Bell: You never hear say too many captains sink the ship and this Naija wey we dey talk about sef....Please look at what happens on this website in terms of diffusion of ideas and misunderstandings...You want that kind of katakata for Eagles camp...Jeez, I thought we had enough problems
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Bell

Post by Bell »

ANIKULAPO

That's why I used the phrase "well-crafted". It won't necessarily be easy but I'm sure Nigeria can find four good minds willing to bury the self and work for the bigger goal.
Bell
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cyber Saint[/color] wrote: Gotcha.
But I still wouldn't sweat it, f'real.
Forcing someone to play for you is like forcing a girl (even if she's your lover) to have sex with you. It almost always NEVER ends well.
To me, NFA shouldn't bother b'cos agaracha must come back home.
Mark my words!!
I've always wondered what Agaracha means.

IAG. Me sef, I can't really tell you, categorically, what agaracha means but I wanna say it might mean a beautiful bride.....just my hunch.

@BELL. Welcome to the club bro. I've always suspected some of the motives behind CCC bashing. If you read Paveman's post on the thread about why most of Naija pro footballers are of eastern extraction, it will make you wonder more. It ain't even funny.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Enugu II wrote:
juventuss wrote:good luck to him in what he does. I doubt if he wants to play for Italy. But if he does, He would not last long.

My Take is Nigeria should not simply forget about him if he refuses to report. Nigeria needs to take it up to FIFA.
Agreed.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
realplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by realplayer »

This issue has been overflogged and like we all know, he will one day need Nigeria and then he will understand the implication of his actions.........
Talent can only blossom with hard work!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Football Manager[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Bell[/color] wrote:I'M ACTING ONLY ON PUBLICLY-AVAILABLE INFORMATION AND MY COMMENTS SHOULD BE TAKEN AS SUCH

I think C3 should take a vow that as long as he's coach, Martins would never play for Nigeria.

Since we don't know how long C3 will be there, the NFA should make an identical vow.

ENUGUII
Right or wrong, I don't think Nigeria should take the matter up to FIFA - it would be too petty and undignified. Nigeria, anyway, only wants people who would proudly represent her.
Bell
Bell: For how much longer do you think that Chukwu will be coach?
If he wins the ANC he will take us to the World Cup, SIMPLE!
Which WC? The (fe)male U-17, U-21, or the proper WC?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

When I said last year that this guy was not serious about playing for Nigeria - I was castgigated.....I hope all those who abused me for telling the plain truth will not eat humble pie.

Martins has never even played for Nigeria!! Its not as if the team depends on him. Anyway, the striking position is Nigeria's strongest and even without him there is so much depth: Aghahowa, Utaka, Ijeh, Agali, Yakubu, Okoduwa, Kanu.....in that order.