Bolton buy Javi Moreno (and not Aghahowa)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Bolton buy Javi Moreno (and not Aghahowa)

Post by Paveman »

Bolton have just obtained the loan of former Milan and Alaves striker Javi Moreno, who was on the books of Atletico Madrid. Atletico Madrid, who are in grave financial trouble, have let Moreno go for 600,000 Euors until the end of the year. Bolton also have an option to buy Moreno at the end of June for a pre-determined sum. Moreno's debut might also occur as early as next weekend.

Source: Gazzetta dello Sport: www.gazzetta.it
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bolton buy Javi Moreno (and not Aghahowa)

Post by Vincent. »

Paveman wrote:Bolton have just obtained the loan of former Milan and Alaves striker Javi Moreno, who was on the books of Atletico Madrid. Atletico Madrid, who are in grave financial trouble, have let Moreno go for 600,000 Euors until the end of the year. Bolton also have an option to buy Moreno at the end of June for a pre-determined sum. Moreno's debut might also occur as early as next weekend.

Source: Gazzetta dello Sport: www.gazzetta.it
The club has not yet bought him. He is on loan.

Bolton can still buy Aghahowa IF it can afford Shakhter's asking price.
torontoeagle
Egg
Egg

Post by torontoeagle »

Notin' spoil...............Aghahowa your time will come.....................
T-Dot
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Why do people want Aghawonder at a wastepipe club like Bolton anyway? Its bad enough Okocha is there.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Did Bolton ever said they are interested in Julius Aghahowa?
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

GUEST wrote:Did Bolton ever said they are interested in Julius Aghahowa?
About a year and a half ago yes, and some are still clinging on in hope. For some strange reason.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Eagle Winged

GUEST wrote:
Did Bolton ever said they are interested in Julius Aghahowa?

About a year and a half ago yes, and some are still clinging on in hope. For some strange reason.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Eagle Winged wrote:Why do people want Aghawonder at a wastepipe club like Bolton anyway? Its bad enough Okocha is there.
It is better to be a big fish in a small pond like Bolton than to be a non-entity like Kanu and Babayaro in London
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

A move to a team like Bolton might do Aghahowa some good, as long as he doesnt sign a long term contract
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Eagle Winged: you're on point - Why should JAG go waste time at Bolton.

Anikulapo - JAG's been sort after over the last 20 months by amongst many Arsenal & ManU. He's paid his dues playing in the Ukraine - he could start for any of those 2 clubs within a season.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

U forget that he has been injusre for a long time and that he hasnt shined in awhile, a smaller team might help him establish some more admirers
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

It's nice to know some forumers are still hoping against hope for JAG. The brother's got a bad case of bad luck. I wish him well tho.
...but with God all things are possible...
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Eagle cement is interested in signing Aghahowa too :mrgreen:
Egg

Post by Dujon »

Bolton, as things stand at the moment, probably could not afford the asking price for Aghahowa!

Eagle Winged - "waste pipe"? I am sorely offended! :wink:

I know that the Trotters are hardly rich and famous, but they are in the English Premier League. Surely they are battlers in the money stakes and certainly cannot match the likes of Chelsea and Man.Utd. when it comes to picking out their possible transferees. With the assistance of Okocha, Djorkaeff, Laville and Thome they have been improving.

Put it this way - I suspect there are worse places to ply one's trade. :|

(I shall defend "my" team come what may) :lol:
<b>Heads I win
Tails you lose</b>
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Dujon, hey there :mrgreen:.

Sorry, but Bolton are a wastepipe team. Especially when compared to the only Premiership team in North London. 8)
Dujon
Egg
Egg

Post by Dujon »

Ee, lad - they southerners! :evil:

:lol: :wink: :roll:
<b>Heads I win
Tails you lose</b>
Martin0123456
Egg
Egg

Post by Martin0123456 »

Wastepipe lol.

Doesnt' matter what you wanna call us when we're getting Okocha playing at that level you should be happy.

You wanna see Okocha play well then watch him at Bolton, if you wanna see a club you don't consider wastepipe go watch PSG and see how he stacked up there.

Doesn't matter why he's there, just that he's playing his best is good enough.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Bolton na original wastepipe jo
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

I think guys would literally ramp JAG down the throat of some Premiership club. I wish it way that easy.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

Bolton fans:
please ignore the 'waste pipe' remarks of some of my country men. More than 98% of the population of this forum are now Bolton supporters. Many of us have been saying Oga doesnt need the Chelseas of this world. Bolton and Fenebache are the clubs that have given him the freedom to express himself and we love seeing him do his thing. His time at PSG was miserable as for most part of the 4 years he was either nursing injury or being played out of position. I dont mind if Oga retires at Bolton. I hope his wages would be increased next season though. His current 65K/week is not near what Harry Kewel earns at Liverpool :D
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.