Daily update from the Faro camp

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Paveman wrote:Ayo: You sure it wasn't Garba Lawal you talked to?? :D :D :D :D
Yeye Paveman. I spoke to the player in Yoruba. Garba Lawal does not speak Yoruba as far as I am aware.

Besides, Garba would have struggled to know all the old memories we caught up on, talking about Zik Hall players like Demiji Lawal, Mutiu Adepoju, Matthew Enyeama, Toranighora Ojokojo, Emmanuel Akpan, Folorunsho Okenla and Felix Taiwo.

Believe you me, Kokoro will show the world what he is about. If only Martins and Shorunmu show up, my 3-5-2 jigsaw puzzle is complete.
From this post, one can really tell that Ayo Akinfe is an OLD MAN. I go always deh respect some of your vital selected judgement my big brother....
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

MI5 wrote:Sir V,

First come first served...

Na true you talk ohh na open camp e go bi infact i suppose dey dia for sure but di drop wey den wan make i drop dey to much but i go see wetin i go fit do sha since time is of the essence now... If not i go try play with di team for WC qualifiers........ :wink:
My broda, the amount is very high, i would advise you use the money for something else.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Thanks Sir V cheii na so dem jack di price up as the ANC dey get closer...kaii NFA OLE :|
Soldier of Fortune...
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

Ayo,Oku Ise O.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Ayo neva land with more gist this morning?
Can somebody send him a phone card :lol: :lol:
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Ayo:
I thought Lawal was injured. The guy has not featured for Albacete in ages.
Yujam, he is well again and having fully recovered has been allowed to join the camp. I know he is in Faro because I spoke to him earlier on this evening!

Ayo, are you sure Aghahowa is in Faro?
When did you speak to him?
From my reports he was seen in nigeria on saturday night
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Ikwerreman;

Ayo never said JAG is in Faro. He said he is expected within the next weeks.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

nanijoe wrote:I honestly find it pretty worrying that people are able to call our SE players in camp and get info from them...
Even if the NFA does not ban the use of cell phones in camp, these guys should have the good sense to refrain from talking to journalists about camp news.

While I like getting the updates (the ones that make sense), this whole excercise will surely end up more harmful than helpful.
Nanijoe, these players dont talk to everybody. Some of them are personal friends of ours and know that whatever they say will be in strict confidence. If there is anything I need to ask that will be in the public domain, I make sure I inform them that so and so info is going to go in so and so place. Only if they say yes, will you fiond the info here.

As a matter of fact, one player did jokingly point out that "I hope say you no go release all our plans to our opponents o."

But the ones who know me have absolute confidence in me. And they tell me everything.

BTW, I was with Udeze and JAG on Sunday night in Lagos and I stressed the importance of reporting to camp ASAP to Ify.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

And while am at it, let me apologise for letting Ayo cary all the burden of updating from Faro. My fiancee came in over the weekend from Yankee and am in PH with her.

I just wan take style catch up on lost time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will be popping in every now and again.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

KickOff Chief wrote:And while am at it, let me apologise for letting Ayo cary all the burden of updating from Faro. My fiancee came in over the weekend from Yankee and am in PH with her.

KOC:
"Popping in" where? Here or .....??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

KickOff Chief wrote:And while am at it, let me apologise for letting Ayo cary all the burden of updating from Faro. My fiancee came in over the weekend from Yankee and am in PH with her.

Make you dey take style enjoy small small o. Me too get experience for long-distance relationship, bifor I come vex marry. I hope say no be for our site you come take style pose catch one of our female forumers :?:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: I have absolute faith in Muyiwa Lawal and an 100% certain that if he is picked to play that right wing back role, he will be the best in the tournament. Watch that boy over the coming years. Do not be surprised to see him become a Real Madrid player at some stage in the future.

Those thinking of bashing him, let me just warn you now, you will have me to contend with if you try it. He was still a primary school boy when he used to come and see his brother in Zik Hall in UI in those days and I am impressed with the way he has developed and matured into a professional.

If una touch am, na fire!
Ayo:

While I share your sentiment on Muyiwa's ability, I also need to warn you that Muyiwa could also be a liability. He sometimes have the tendency of playing to gallery, especially when he is being "hailed." However, all other things being equal, Muyiwa is a talented player with a lion's heart. Just pray that his head no dey swell like garri ijebu when the task needs to be done !!!!
Last edited by Toxicarrow on Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Kaizer
Egg
Egg

Post by Kaizer »

I have seen Muyiwas once this season ...
And He was playing like a true pro....
No Okocha-like tendencies anymore .... The boy has grown up ...

U may be right though , When they get back to Eagles camp na different tori..
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Kaizer wrote:I have seen Muyiwas once this season ...

Kaizer, na fight? :(
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

the Muyiwa i knew could dribble anything... Extremely skillful player like his brother.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I gather that the invitation to Muyiwa was done very recently and sent out much later than that extended to the other players. He was not on the original list of 41 but like Ogbeche and Melkham were included after a clamour by fans - Funny how some people think CE is irrelevant.
AYO:
Both Muyiwa Lawal and Gabriel Melkam were in the original list of 41 players. And there was certainly NO widespread "clamour" for Ogbeche (either on the forum or in the Nigerian press).

For record purposes, here is the original list:
http://www.tunisie-foot.com/php/index.p ... topic=4376

NIGERIA

Les 41 Nigérians présélectionnés pour le stage de Faro au Portugal, à partir du 18 décembre

Gardiens: Ike Shorunmu (Samsunspor/Turquie), Vincent Enyeama
(Enyimba), Austin Ejide (Etoile du Sahel/Tunisie), Greg Etafia (Moroka Swallows/Afr.sud), Sam Okoye (Enugu Rangers), Sunday Rotimi (Sunshine Stars)

Défenseurs: Joseph Enakarhire (Standard Liège/Belgique), George Abbey (Macclesfield Town/Angleterre), Bob Usim (Nationale), Ifeanyi Udeze (PAOK Salonique/Grèce), Gabriel Melkam (Hansa Rostock/Allemagne), Taribo West (Partizan Belgrade/Serbie et Montenegro), Romanus Orjinta (Enyimba), Seyi Olajengbesi (Julius Berger), Celestine Babayaro (Chelsea/Angleterre), Isaac Okoronkwo (Wolverhampton/Angleterre), Joseph Yobo (Everton/Angleterre)

Milieux de terrain: Seyi Olofinjana (SK Brann/Norvège), Prince Ekong (Shenyang Gendi/Chine), Augustin 'Jay Jay' Okocha (Bolton/Angleterre), Osaze Odemwingie (La Louvière/Belgique), Muyiwa Lawal (Albacete/Espagne), Garba Lawal (Columbus Crew/USA), Tijjani Babangida (Tianjin Taida/Chine), John Utaka (Lens/France), Christian Obodo (Pérouse/Italie), Ifeanyi Ekwueme (Wisla Plock/Pologne), Ishola Shuaibu (Julius Berger), Oge Ileagu (Enugu Rangers), Kalu Uche (Wisla Cracovie/Pologne), Ahmed Garba 'Yaro Yaro' (Kano Pilars)

Attaquants: Benedict Akwuegbu (Grazer AK/Autriche), Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Portsmouth/Angleterre), Obafemi Martins (Inter Milan/Italie), Nwankwo Kanu (Arsenal/Angleterre), Victor Agali (Schalke 04/Allemagne), Chukwudi Nworgu (Metalurgh Donetsk/Ukraine), Uche Ugochukwu (Gabros), Ekene Ezenwa (Enyimba), Femi Opabunmi (Grasshopers/Suisse), Julius Aghahowa (Shaktar Donetsk/Ukraine)
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]omonaija[/color] wrote: How come Okoronkwo still dey him club?? when be sey na sub him be all season...why him coach still dey keep am?? all these premiership coaches sef!
Abi o. I was wondering the same thing too.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Get ya mind out of da gutta men!!
Gotti wrote:

KOC:
"Popping in" where? Here or .....??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]KickOff Chief[/color] wrote:And while am at it, let me apologise for letting Ayo cary all the burden of updating from Faro. My fiancee came in over the weekend from Yankee and am in PH with her.

Young man, keep your business to yourself :x :D .
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Kaizer
Egg
Egg

Post by Kaizer »

Robby check your PM pls
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Make una stay out of Kickoff chief business. KOC where you say you go dey pop in and out again? :P :lol: :wink:
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

is ogbeche in camp?
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Kaizer wrote:I have seen Muyiwas once this season ...

Muyiwa has always been a true pro when he needs to be. Remember the tape of his trial at Marseille in 1995/1996. The same Muyiwa who was calm and gentle with his touches in France returned back to Zik Hall and wanted to "dribble the hell out of Awo boyz and Tedderites" :!:

In Eagles' camp, all of them always want to "outshine themselves" ! For instance, Obodo, who could hardly hold ball for more than 1 minutes in his club ,came to the national team and started masturbating the ball. Look at Okocha at Bolton, he does not have that time to "dress" and "kiss" the ball...but in the Eagles's uniform he always want to keep the ball till kingdom comes.
Last edited by Toxicarrow on Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/