YOU'LL SWEAT FOR YOUR SHIRTS •NFA tells Okocha, Kanu, others

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

MI% about Faro, halve bread is better than none.
At least Taribo, Olofinjana, Abbey George and Obodo were there.
And these guys are likely to be in the first team depending on formation.
Take for example Taribo, he has been out of action for a while due to injury. won't you have been edgy if such a player arrives in camp a week to kickoff and still play? In the next couple of days some first team players will also arrive which is not bad. Remember in previous competition first team players usually stroll into camp less than a week to the tournament.

Faro also encourage our homebase players knowing they can breakthough into the national team even though still homebased. I believe that was one of the boost why Enyimba won the champions league. When the like of Enyeama, Bob Isom, Ahmed yaro yaro, Idahor, etc started to feel among the SE setup, their confidence went up.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Talk IT,

No doubt and it's good if they are training but we will see how it turns out when the real test comes on Jan, 27 2004. The points you made are true about the way things are but what can i say knwoing how NFA operates.

We shall how Faro turns out whether it was worthwhile or not...
Soldier of Fortune...
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Aghahowa no get excuse?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

All over the world, top players ARE GUARANTEED starting places so long as they are fit and in form. To expect Okocha for instance to fight for a shirt with Ekene Ezenwa is amatuerish. A camp is not where you win a national team shirt, it is in the various clubs.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

I'll tread J21 line in saying that the Faro camp in nothing but a charade. The players who actually benefitted from the camp in terms of the competitiveness, conditioning and chemistry are not gonna make camp. Except u guyz have alternatives to Yobo, Okocha, Aghahowa, and the rest.

If anything, players like Utaka, okonrokwo, Udeze, Kanu must report within the 14-days stipulated by FIFA; these players need the camp especially okoronkwo who has been inactive. So the real significance of the camp is to select bench players whom CCC would be relunctant to use in the ANC proper because of their pedigree.

The fact that Akwuegbu isn't in camp is also troubling except he's one of the elites too.
...but with God all things are possible...
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

they say no automatic shirt every tournament we play, but frankly if you don't want to use automatic shirt, u have to be Organized which the NFA aren't.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Who do these zombies think they are kiddiing?
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Bell

Post by Bell »

I'M IN SUPPORT OF THIS NEW SPIRIT, BUT...

...experience counts for something and must be factored inmaking selections. Therefore I don't think an unknown player who marginally outplays a veteran should necessarily be chosen ahead of the veteran. The margin has to be wide and demonstrated consistently. As they say in boxing you can't dethrone the champion on points - you have to knock him out.
Bell
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

txj wrote:All over the world, top players ARE GUARANTEED starting places so long as they are fit and in form. To expect Okocha for instance to fight for a shirt with Ekene Ezenwa is amatuerish. A camp is not where you win a national team shirt, it is in the various clubs.
SWEET COMMENT.... Am sure it just reminded me of how England Stick to their Captain even in time of less than 50% fit for the World Cup... Those in Camp right now are only fighting for the remaining shirts of second 11.

the others has been won already by the:

1. Jay Jay Okocha (captain)
2. Kanu Nwankwo (A/Captain)
3. Celestine Babayaro
4. Yakubu Aiyegbeni
5. Joseph Yobo
6. Isaac Okoronkwo
7. John Utaka
8. Julius Aghahowa
9. Victor Agali
10. Uche kalu
11.xxxxx

the orders are the ones being struggled for by those already in CAMP.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

vindave ma man nice talk jare, Infact Talk It talk am all, if we didnt have d camp wahala, we have d camp up and running to give a few boys a chance to struggle 4 a shirt rather than total negligence, yet there is still wahala with that, my Naija pepus can anything be done to satisfy y'all :evil: . Can't wait 4 CCC to put shame on some of u guys, am not pro-CCC but the bashing is really getting outa hand.
The Faro camp is just 4 us to have something doing while our assumed big boyz are still busy abroad, so if they cant show d whole preparations should stand still?? and those asking how much money has been spent, thats the most stupid thing av seen this year, were u expecting them to sleep on d streets and use oranges as soccer balls and play in ya backyard?? people should stop being ignorant.
Peter Obi For President 2023