YOU'LL SWEAT FOR YOUR SHIRTS •NFA tells Okocha, Kanu, others

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
YOU'LL SWEAT FOR YOUR SHIRTS •NFA tells Okocha, Kanu, others

Post by VINDAVE »

SWEAT FOR YOUR SHIRTS • NFA tells Okocha, Kanu, others

Adekunle Salami - punch

England based Super Eagles players and other top players banking on automatic shirts for the Tunisia 2004 Nations Cup have been told to forget it.

Bolton’s Austin Okocha, Everton ‘s Joseph Yobo, Portsmouth’s Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Arsenal’s Nwankwo Kanu, Wolves’ Isaac Okoronkwo, Lens’ John Utaka and Sharktar’s Julius Aghahowa are those on the list.

In a fresh move to sanitise the Eagles camp in Portugal, the Nigeria Football Association has urged coach Christian Chukwu to pick his final list based on fitness and current form of players.

About 25 players are currently in camp in Portugal out of the 42 invited for the exercise. Aside those busy with their clubs in England, others are gallivanting here in Nigeria and abroad with just three weeks to the kick off of the Nations Cup.

Head of NFA’s Public Relation Department, Samuel Kaalu, told Saturday Punch in an exclusive interview that the Eagles handler has been told to give all the invited players in camp equal opportunities.

Kaalu explained that Premiership players in England were only given concession to report in the first week of January based on the loaded fixtures they had during the Christmas and New Year break.

“Giving automatic shirts to a group of players is just unfair and we have decided to make our position clear to the coach because people have been misinterpreted our intention.

“We all see these players every week and this informed the decision to give them more time with their clubs,” Kaalu noted.

The image maker explained that the soccer ruling body tries no to be involved in technical matters except it is very important.

“Chukwu has been given full powers and this issue is very sensitive and that is why we decided to clear the air on the matter.

“The players have been told to all proceed to Faro for the final assessment before the coach comes out with his list,” he explained.

Okocha and Kanu have signified to join their colleagues on January 11 in Portugal, that gives coach Chukwu just five days to assess the duo before submitting his list.

Okoronkwo of Wolves is expected to arrive camp earlier since he has not played competitively since he left Ukraine.

.Aiyegbeni, Yobo , Utaka and Aghahowa would also face fitness tests before they can join the Nations Cup train.

Nigeria will compete in group D of the continental competition along with Morocco, South Africa and Benin Republic.

The 24th Africa Nations Cup holds between January 24 and February 14 in Tunisia.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Yeah, right!
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The following players have no excuse not to have reported to camp:

Ifeanyi Udeze
Julius Aghahowa
Obafemi Martins
John Utaka
Bartholomew Ogbeche
Victor Agali
Tijani Babangida

The English-based players have a case because they have not been released by their clubs but all the others do not. I know some of them have games later on in January but there is nothing stopping them reporting to camp as Chris Obodo, Joe Enakarhire and Osaze Odemigwe did and then flying out again.

A lot of them are in Nigeria, having a nice time and I find that totally unacceptable. It does appear that some of them believe it is beneath them to report to camp early and are holding off until the "big boys" arrive.

As far as I am aware, it is only these seven and the six in England that have not showed up so far. I for instance fail to see how Gabriel Melkham can arrrive in Faro and Victor Agali cannot. Also, how can Chris Obodo show up and Obafemi Martins not?

This kind of indiscipline has to be addressed. Those enjoying themselves in Lagos like Udeze, Aghahowa and Martins ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

I don't think there would be any surprises for now.
The real surprise may come when CC picks his first eleven.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Ayo you're quite right.
I believe CC really appreciate what Obodo and the others did. They have shown real commitment and i won't be surprise if they're rewarded in one form or another.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

VINDAVE has come with his positive propaganda again.

We all know all those players will make it to ANC. The Faro camp is a joke.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Jiggerman21 wrote:VINDAVE has come with his positive propaganda again.

Let's see if Chukwu will have the guts to drop errant players. Were I in his shoes, I would gives those not present a deadline, after which if they do not report to camp, they are out of contention.

I am always supportive of the players but some of them are going too far now. What they are doing is not fair on their team mates.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

You should learn to respect me boy! - At least I am not NEGATIVELY MINDED LIKE U DO.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Let's see if Chukwu will have the guts to drop errant players. Were I in his shoes, I would gives those not present a deadline, after which if they do not report to camp, they are out of contention.

I am always supportive of the players but some of them are going too far now. What they are doing is not fair on their team mates.
AYO,
Can you really see CCC dropping Okocha, Kanu, Jag etc.?
No way.

Faro is and has always been a joke.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

J21,

Vindave did not write the article. Kaalu, NFA, Galadima, Ogunjobi, CCC are all talking nonsense and know they are all joking. If the big boys decide to pull out tomorrow at the last minute we will see who will go on their knees begging? :D :wink:
Soldier of Fortune...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

MI5 wrote:J21,

Vindave did not write the article. Plus Kaalu, NFA, Galadima, Ogunjobi, CCC are talking nonsense and know they are all joking. If the big boys decide to pull out tomorrow at the last minute we will really see who will go on their knees begging? :D :wink:
M15, Thank You jare! how now, HAPPY NEW YEAR ONCE AGAIN. Nor mind this okpolor eye boy weh nor deh see properlly.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Adekunle Salami of the punch has been spending too much time on our forum and has been able to carve out an headline from what he has been reading here.

Another junk journalism.

Let see how these people will sweat for shirts.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

MI5,
I hear you. But VINDAVE only ever produces these types of misleading articles on this board. He obviously has a pro-NFA agenda.

This Faro is all a joke. Starting from the people in charge to the coaches to the players. How much money has been wasted so far?
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Even if JJ pulls out today nobody should go begging because we have surplus players if you ask me. There is no player that is irreplacable. The time to be begging players to play for their country has past. What we need now is more discipline and commitment from the players.

Vindave did not write the article. Kaalu, NFA, Galadima, Ogunjobi, CCC are all talking nonsense and know they are all joking. If the big boys decide to pull out tomorrow at the last minute we will see who will go on their knees begging? :D :wink:
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:The following players have no excuse not to have reported to camp:

Ifeanyi Udeze
Julius Aghahowa
Obafemi Martins
John Utaka
Bartholomew Ogbeche
Victor Agali
Tijani Babangida

The English-based players have a case because they have not been released by their clubs but all the others do not. I know some of them have games later on in January but there is nothing stopping them reporting to camp as Chris Obodo, Joe Enakarhire and Osaze Odemigwe did and then flying out again.

A lot of them are in Nigeria, having a nice time and I find that totally unacceptable. It does appear that some of them believe it is beneath them to report to camp early and are holding off until the "big boys" arrive.

As far as I am aware, it is only these seven and the six in England that have not showed up so far. I for instance fail to see how Gabriel Melkham can arrrive in Faro and Victor Agali cannot. Also, how can Chris Obodo show up and Obafemi Martins not?

This kind of indiscipline has to be addressed. Those enjoying themselves in Lagos like Udeze, Aghahowa and Martins ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Ayo,

Calm down before you jump to conclusions.

You don't know what conversation is going on between these players and CCC and NFA.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Let's be realistic, guys. All the players are not equal.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

VINDAVE wrote:

Vindave did not write the article. Plus Kaalu, NFA, Galadima, Ogunjobi, CCC are talking nonsense and know they are all joking. If the big boys decide to pull out tomorrow at the last minute we will really see who will go on their knees begging? :D :wink:
M15, Thank You jare! how now, HAPPY NEW YEAR ONCE AGAIN. Nor mind this okpolor eye boy weh nor deh see properlly.
Listen BOY :wink: , you should learn to respect your country and stop trying to play 120 million people.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Abbey

Let's be realistic, guys. All the players are not equal.

Well, In SUPER-EAGLES, If JJ get $1 allowance-You can be rest assure that Benny Akwuegbu will also get $1 allowance too.
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Jiggerman21 wrote:MI5,

This Faro is all a joke. Starting from the people in charge to the coaches to the players. How much money has been wasted so far?
Not to say it, but you are beginning to sound like a broken DVD- with "this Faro is a joke theme", aside from shoving it down our throats daily, what could or should be done to rectify this concern (of yours)?.

Remember, if you can't beat them, join them.
You are Your Own Dog
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

DB,
even I have to admit that I've become an anti-Corruption activist :mrgreen:

Something will be done one day, as long as people like me continue to speak up.

Faro is a joke, we all know it. The more I say it, the more people might hear it.

Nigerians are being misled by bought-out journalists to the detriment of our nation's progress. I might convert one of them on this forum one day. Think of all the possible knock on effects of a successful SE in terms of jobs and opportunities?

Will you say a pastor sounds like a broken record? even though he preaches the truth every Sunday?
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Vindave,

Nice one and keep it coming.. Yes Happy New Year to you also and make una enjoy Naija well well ohhh....

VINDAVE wrote:

Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

J21,

Yes ohh we all know that when it reaches boiling point and Kanu, JJ, JAG, Udeze, Yobo, Issac and other key players on the team all of a sudden pull out now this guys will not only panic but also will be running helter skelter trying to beg this players full stretch to pls come.. everyone knows this and NFA will do it...

Vindave postings of this kind of articles is good because he didn't write it and also it gives everyone a view to express their opinions no matter how they see it. Infact it's good because it allows you to read and see things from an overall point of view... We on this forum have also done the same thing to in the past posting different news article about Naija futbol related and other topics.

Yes from day one and i am glad everyone is beginning to start seeing it. Faro this, Faro that is all a charade by the usual crooks and cons in the sports minstry and NFA to try and make it seem everything is going on fine. If we had a proper soccer structure and organisation in place along with good coaching the only thing we would have been looking at right now is looking for key players to come off the bench when the game is tight. It's now we are trying to find that out especially among players that we don't know how they will respond to a big tournament like the ANC?

Money wasted naaaaaa look at it from a pocketing point of view of how much has been pockted in this whole Faro affair? It is th reason why this saga with Martins took place because NFA wants him to bring the same form he is in right now to the SE since that is what we have become. No program except relying on a player's individual effort to get us far... What a shame...

Jiggerman21 wrote:MI5,
I hear you. But VINDAVE only ever produces these types of misleading articles on this board. He obviously has a pro-NFA agenda.

Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Nice one J21,

It's only in Naija where crooks will support crooks no matter what and they will always try to find ways to suppress growth and other things in other to justify the process by supporting the crooks who reflect them also... Wow what a sad tale... :cry:

Jiggerman21 wrote:DB,
even I have to admit that I've become an anti-Corruption activist :mrgreen:

Something will be done one day, as long as people like me continue to speak up.

Faro is a joke, we all know it. The more I say it, the more people might hear it.

Nigerians are being misled by bought-out journalists to the detriment of our nation's progress. I might convert one of them on this forum one day. Think of all the possible knock on effects of a successful SE in terms of jobs and opportunities?

Will you say a pastor sounds like a broken record? even though he preaches the truth every Sunday?
Soldier of Fortune...