MARTINS WITHDRAWAL CONFIRMED?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

PaJimoh
MARTINS WITHDRAWAL CONFIRMED?

Post by PaJimoh »

From the BBC

never played for the Super Eagles, has spurned overtures from the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) to represent his country.

In October, Martins withdrew at the last minute from playing in the football tournament of the All Africa Games while he has also declined invitations to take part in any of Nigeria's 2004 Olympic Games qualifiers.

"We can't force any player to wear the country's colours, so we'll abide by his decision," said NFA secretary-general Taiwo Ogunjobi.

Martins has been in impressive form for Inter Milan this season, scoring four times in his eleven appearances.

The striker was one of five African players recently shortlisted by the Confederation of African Football for their 2003 Caf Player of the Year award.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Enough of this Martins story bullcrap! Let's move on guys.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Now that we've heard it from Reuters and the BBC, we can asume it is noe a "no show". Good luck to the boy
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

If he is so unwilling,let him go,let's deprive him of any international caps so that he would be blacklisted for the African Player of the year award! :mrgreen:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

now thats what am talking about. When Bigpokey post something on this lovely website , pls pay attention and diregard Mr Vindave's lies from naija newspaper
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Biggy, Vindave can only post inerviews in newspapers. What if Martins still shows up? BBC have been wrong before

Bigpokey24 wrote:now thats what am talking about. When Bigpokey post something on this lovely website , pls pay attention and diregard Mr Vindave's lies from naija newspaper
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Chei! I just saew Mekhdavikia accept that Asia Player of The Year award the other day and you should have seen how he thanked the pople of Iran for their support.

Obafemi Martins is a very sad story!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

This is a big disgrace for our beloved country Nigeria this boy will have to pay dearly for this, i hope this trend never continues because he has set a bad example for future Nigerian up and coming stars.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Bigpokey24 wrote:now thats what am talking about. When Bigpokey post something on this lovely website , pls pay attention and diregard Mr Vindave's lies from naija newspaper
Bigpokey24, Please stop getting on my nerve with your CRY and stop being STUPID... What the HELL is WRONG with U??? If U don't like any thread that bears my HANDLE pls. do DISREGARD it and stop CAMPAIGNING OVER MY HEAD as if we are both vying for same position in Aso Rock.
golden boy
Egg
Egg

Post by golden boy »

CAF should be petitioned to remove Martins name from the APOY shortlist. I have nothing against Martins deciding not to play for Nigeria and to concentrate on his club career but in my opinion a player that has not yet played for his country and has refused to play should not be on the list.

The first reason being that if Martins should decide to play for Italy which he still can, and he wins the APOY then he will be the first "non-African" to win the award since he would have taking Italian citizenship. Just like Viera, Makalele and others are not eligile Martins should not be eligible until he confirms his soccer citizenship by playing for Nigeria.

The second reason is that IMO no player that has not represented his country should be eligible for APOY as part of thier assessment must come from their performances for their countries and not just their club form.
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

I think we should stop talking about this Martins $#%!He is getting annoying!! :x