LIVERPOOL SEAL CISSE MOVE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Saturday 3rd January 2004

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 35,00.html

Cisse: Heading for Anfield

More Premiership stories:

Fluminese sign Arsenal's Juan
Rovers in Spanish bid claim

Liverpool are believed to have concluded a €20 million deal for French striker Djibril Cisse.
A number of leading French sources, including the much respected daily L'Equipe, have stated that Cisse has already put pen-to-paper on a five-year deal.

Liverpool have moved quickly to seal the £14 million move for Cisse, in order to fend off interest from a number of top European clubs - including Manchester United and Chelsea.

The Reds missed out on Cisse's Auxerre team-mate Jean-Alain Boumsong to Rangers, after they failed to agree terms with the player's agent Richard Bettoni - who also represents Cisse.

The striking starlet reportedly travelled to England in the past week to undergo a medical, before agreeing terms on the deal.

Cisse is thought to have been handed close to €4 million as a signing on fee for the transfer which will be rubber-stamped at the end of the season.

The news of securing Cisse's signature will be a major boost to Liverpool, who have a real battle on their hands to secure a place in the Champions League.

Houllier will obviously hope that Cisse's arrival will signal Liverpool's intent on making sure they maintain pace with the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

I don't think the story is true and I don't yet have any bad press from SKY as of yet and don't want to jump to conclusion.

I doubt the credibility of this story for the following reasons

1. Liverpool board will not give Geralds Houlier money for the meantime.

2. Geralds Houlier could be gone by summer and what is the point of buying him and not wait till summer.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

20 million??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
This Liverpool sef, they like to waste money a lot, thank God i dumped them(as a Fan) a long time ago. :| :|
Also can't Gerald Houllier ever think of NOT buying a fracophone player for once??? :? :? :?
Last edited by SylverEagles on Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

He needs a defender and play maker not a striker.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Another wastepipe like Diouf; Houllier must like collecting wastepipes. He'll be gone soon so let's wait and see.
...but with God all things are possible...
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Imagine spending 14M on a single player when you're not even in the CL, and the by way its going; wont be next year either. Unbelievable.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

SylverEagles wrote:20 million??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Also can't Gerald Houllier ever think of NOT buying a frocophone player for once??? :? :? :?
And you thought Barcelona was full of Dutchmen.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

I don't think releasing Anelka was a smart move. The same goes for Arsenal's decision to release Upson.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

27 wrote:I don't think releasing Anelka was a smart move. The same goes for Arsenal's decision to release Upson.
If we had kept Upson, Toure may not have become the revelation that he is. Plus Cygan is performing well.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Eagle Winged wrote:
27 wrote:I don't think releasing Anelka was a smart move. The same goes for Arsenal's decision to release Upson.
If we had kept Upson, Toure may not have become the revelation that he is. Plus Cygan is performing well.
While that is true, Arsenal did need him last season.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

27 wrote:The same goes for Arsenal's decision to release Upson.
Upson was not released but was sold to Birmingham.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

I don't think Cisse is gonna be that great a partner to Owen. Cisse can play deeper - but neither of them has much game in the air or are expert at holding the ball up. Both attributes are necessary if you want to compete in the premiership and to go deep in CL - especially the posession game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool signed Cisse with an eye to being able to let Owen go. When they can Houllier and begin rebuilding again Owen will NOT be interested in any of that. Its obvious that he wants to be on a bonafide Cl contender, whether its Liverpool or somebody else, he needs it.

I'm sure Liverpool will publically continue to say that they will never let Owne go, but they will for the right money. He's worth more to a bigger European team than he is to them.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The only good news as far as Pool is concerned is that GH has been sacked.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp