Anyone see Sidebe of Mali last night?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Anyone see Sidebe of Mali last night?

Post by RudeBoy »

The Gillingham striker looked pretty tasty. He scored and had very good footwork and movement.

Mali must be dark horses with Kanoute and Sidebe up front!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The boy looked really GOOD! Mali will certainly be a force to be reckoned with in a few years. They may not repeat their semi-final appearance of two years ago but they'll certainly ruffle some feathers.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

In 2000, this is how Senegal burst on to the scene and a lot of people thought it was a fluke. Look at them today.

Come 2006, Mali, Burkina Faso and the Democratic Republic of Congo will be forces to reckon with. I predict that the race for Germany 2006, will be between the following teams:

Mali
Burkina Faso
Democratic Republic of Congo
Ghana
Ivory Coast
Ghana
Cameroon
Senegal
Nigeria

They are the teams producing awesome talent at the moment.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

They also have the other big guy Bagayoko too.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
Diabo
Egg
Egg

Post by Diabo »

Let us not forget the 22 year old Abdelrahman Traore who plays for Ismaily and was the leading scorer in the African Champions League with 8 goals. If Mali has a defence to match its forwardline, they will be formidable. :shock:
Akingbade
Egg
Egg

Post by Akingbade »

They seem more like white horses and red horns to me!
Don't throw stones if u live in a glass house and kindly use the pre-frontal lobe of your brain more often; scientists call it the seat of good manners...
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

They will be a force even in this nations cup, mark my words they are determined they are all friends they are on a mission they will not rest till they accomplish it.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

I saw the match as well - He looked really impressive. Don't forget that a match has 11 outfield players.
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Sidebe looked extremely comfortable on the ball and looks a cut above the rest.

I reckon Sidebe can mix it with the Premiership boys.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

African socer is getting better and better everyday.
who no know go know.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The sooner those at the NFA wake up to their responsibiliy of resurecting Naija football, the better. all those so called smaller African nations are catching up and if we dont take time, they will leave us in the dust. First senegal now Mali, i wonder whose next????
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Don't forget Seydou Keita of Lens. He is such a joy to watch. With these kind of players, it is difficult to predict who will win the ANC, as most teams seem to be getting their acts together and producing awesome talents. Mali will definately be a team to watchout for during the ANC.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Don't panic S.E. If you get your house together, i don't think any team in Africa will be able to smell you guys.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
daddyrich
Egg
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

Blah-blah-blah, everyone is shrining Mali and Senegal now but people were calling for Ahmodu's head for his results against them.
Baxter Onigbinde's second coming is the most disingenious stint ever in Nigerian coaching history.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Actually, Mali has always had excellent ballers. The problem was that they could not for some reason get their players into Euro teams, awhile their own leagues were poorly maintained. During the 70's and 80's (I know about the 80's for a fact), a great amount of Malian youths went to the former Soviet Union to study. Among them were former club and national squad players. I was honored to have played set with some of these guys who played against Henry Nwosu and co during WAFU tournaments. They had really fond memories of their matches against NNB and other Naija clubs.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

daddyrich wrote:Blah-blah-blah, everyone is shrining Mali and Senegal now but people were calling for Ahmodu's head for his results against them.
..and why not..when our so called first class world cup bound team gets played off the park by a bunch of youngsters cutting their teeth on the continental level, of course the coach needs to be called out..

I've never seen Pastor West looking harassed and ragged in a game than against Mali..the guy looked like he was ready to pass out no thanks to a porous SE midfield..
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Who played in midfield that day? Was Oliseh there?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

Seydou Keita is actually the engine of the malian team.He was t part of the team that humbled our boys in the under 20 competition a few years ago.He pulls the strings from the midfield.
I don't think they are good enough to go beyond the quater finals though.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

RudeBoy wrote:Who played in midfield that day? Was Oliseh there?
JJ was there. :mrgreen:
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Guv007 so that's why we won!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I think people like MD dosent see the clear picture in games.In that game Nigeria still created the best chances at the end of the day we tied them.Then in 3rd place match Nigeria beat them 1-0.MD really though Mali was going to win the ANC.Any teams that outplays their opponents and ends up not winning is crap team.Those are the same reason our U-17 never made it past RD1 at the last WYC.If any senseible watched majority of the ANC matches in 2002,Nigeria did very well and lost to a good Senegalese in the Semi-finals.Mali on the other hand have very good players that graduated from Nigeria'99 and are doing very well now.I wont go and over hype them because it normal on this board.In a short while nobody will be talking about Mali just watch and see.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
PC
Egg
Egg

Post by PC »

RudeBoy, we drew 0-0 with Mali in the group stage and defeated them in the losers playoff.

mister dolly, yes. Our entire team looked ragged that night. Bagayoko was playing Babayaro like Nintendo while West and Okoronkwo had their work cut out containing Mali's enterprising forward line. Credit to Mali because they employed the pressing game very well and never gave our midfield time to settle on the ball.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Mali should be good for the Q-finals; Nigeria on average still produce more talents than all the other countries combined; arguably at least! Like Bamendaboy opined only if we could get our house in order, the sky would be the limit.
...but with God all things are possible...