Nigeria sack Olympic coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Bamendaboy,
The resaon why this guy is fired is maybe obvious.
-They did not think they could score 3 goals in Senegal
-Suddenly they hit 3 past Senegal and a leading
-then Senegal catches up and go for the kill.
They contend Abdulahi must have known better how to kill an away game that you are driving.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Bamendaboy:
I agree with you here. Some other African nations seem to be catching up quickly.

Abdullahi was not given fair treatment here!

I don't know why some of us don't realize that other teams have caught up to us.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

IMO a change was needed and usually in situation like this the change starts from the top. I just hope it pays off. :(
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Robby,
but if it was an FC, you will not be saying this jargon.

Where is Bell to explain why this IC got fired (ala Bonfrere)?
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I tell you, this is becoming a farcical situation very quickly. Why? Each time Nigeria loses to Senegal, they fire their coach. It happened to Amodu, and now it is Abdullahi's turn to suffer from this funny policy.

Could it just be that these coaches are not bad, and that countries like Senegal are making some serious strides in football with a sense of purpose and organizations.

I just read Le Soleel. The Senegal coach told his countrymen flat out that they should not get too excited. According to him, this team is a work in progress. The commentator said something similar; ie that the most important objective is to build a solid base. These folks understand that no matter how good your players are, you still need time, consistency and effort to mould them into a winning team.

At the end of the day, I think the most deserved team will take that group.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Yujam Nigeria is a pressure filled environment. if u cant take the heat u just have to get out of teh kitchen.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Robbynice wrote:IMO a change was needed and usually in situation like this the change starts from the top. I just hope it pays off. :(
Will you say the same, when your idol is fired?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

My concern though is can Ikhana make the necessary adjustment in time to secure the ticket. All is not lost cos if we beat Senegal at home and find a way to beat Tunisia away, those points should pretty much seal off Senegal's contention.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This is a totally different issue. This man should never have been hired. Musa Abdullahi IMO is the dumbest LC to have coached a national team, next to Ganiyu Salami and Paul Hamilton.
I hope it is not too late and that Ikhana can bring some semblance of organization to the team, even though I have little confidence in him.

bamendaboy wrote:This is a recipi for disaster. How many times do i have to tell my brothers in the West that sacking the coach is not the best solution. Your expectations are 2 high. I don't know why some of us don't realize that other teams have caught up to us. Any team can win in any given sunday. This is really bad. I thought some of you will learn when Cameroon did not fire their coach post WC 02.