IKHANA BACKSTABS ABDULLAHI FOR U-23 COACHING JOB

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
IKHANA BACKSTABS ABDULLAHI FOR U-23 COACHING JOB

Post by JACKAL »

Nigeria sack Olympic coach

Enyimba caoch Kadiri Ikhana is being tipped to take over Nigeria's Olympic squad
There are reports that Moussa Abdullahi has been sacked by the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) from his post as coach of the country's under-23 side.
The move came after the Olympic champions from 1996 lost 4-3 in Senegal in a qualifying match for Athens 2004.

"Moussa Abdullahi and his assistants have been ordered on an indefinite leave," spokesman for the NFA board, Olu Amadason, said.

Amadason says hat Ibrahim Galadima, the NFA chairman, has approved the sacking.

He went on to explain that a replacement will be chosen at the NFA's Annual General Meeting that takes place this week in Owerri, eastern Nigeria.

There have been rumours that the NFA want Kadiri Ikhana as the new coach, after he lead Nigerian club Enyimba to the Champions League title last year.

The story in Nigeria is the Ikhana has since fallen out with the club.

Ikhana was in Senegal to see the Olympic team in action on the insistence of the country's Sports Minister.

This after Ikhana questioned the performance of the Abdullahi-led squad when they drew 1-1 at home to Tunisia last month.

Following their win Senegal replace Nigeria at the top of Group A, with only the four group winners advancing to this year's Olympics in Athens.

Nigeria's next qualifying match is the return leg clash with Senegal in February.
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

Mali 02 and WC 02 all over again ..
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

If this is a true story, there's no surprise. However, "backstab" is a strong word.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Jiggerman21 wrote:If this is a true story, there's no surprise. However, "backstab" is a strong word.

jIGGERMAN,

What is good enough for Onigbinde is good enough for Ikhana
Akingbade
Egg
Egg

Post by Akingbade »

Backstab or no backstab,it was worth it.Musa Abdullahi can't handle that team.A stich in time............ :mrgreen:
Don't throw stones if u live in a glass house and kindly use the pre-frontal lobe of your brain more often; scientists call it the seat of good manners...
Akingbade
Egg
Egg

Post by Akingbade »

It's official,Martins is out!He has withdrawn from the ANC.I think we should just ignore him b/4 he continues to make a fool of us all! :twisted:
Don't throw stones if u live in a glass house and kindly use the pre-frontal lobe of your brain more often; scientists call it the seat of good manners...
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Akingbade wrote:It's official,Martins is out!He has withdrawn from the ANC.I think we should just ignore him b/4 he continues to make a fool of us all! :twisted:
What the *(&^$ has that got to do with the topic at hand?
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

EW,
e be like say the bobo don confuse. Maybe na NFA attempt to distract attention :lol: :lol:
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Akingbade
Egg
Egg

Post by Akingbade »

Very funny! :mrgreen:
Dombraye
Egg
Egg

Post by Dombraye »

you pple are very funny.....if a coach cannnot get atleast get a tie from an away game after scoring three goals, he need to be replaced.... :oops: :oops:

I don't see any backstabbing here. Ikhana will appear to have a superior tehnical depth after helping Enyinba hold a two goal lead in Egypt.

We'll see how this one play out!
Eagles Will Rise Again
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

The better team don't always win thats why football is so interesting. It was obvious we played as a team and outclassed the senegalise throughout the match but we were let down by some individual errors which you can't blame the coach for. Abdullahi does not deserve to be sacked.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Talk IT wrote:The better team don't always win thats why football is so interesting. It was obvious we played as a team and outclassed the senegalise throughout the match but we were let down by some individual errors which you can't blame the coach for. Abdullahi does not deserve to be sacked.
I will always blame NFA and ICs. They are crap!
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Gadfly wrote:This topic is being locked as there is already another on the same subject opened earlier.
Thanks.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Nigeria has only one backstabber!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

1naija wrote:Nigeria has only one backstabber!
Chief:

welcome Sir!

sorry, I was out when you called. I go holler at you!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
realplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by realplayer »

I wander what "backstab" means to some people. The use of the dictionary would help before raising a topic.

The crew need to be changed as it is amazing that a coach playing away will go attacking and go for bust some minutes to the end of the match instead of playing for a safe draw!

This was a match an experienced or sane coach would have secured a simple draw and we would have been better off !
Talent can only blossom with hard work!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Chief:

welcome Sir!

sorry, I was out when you called. I go holler at you!
Sorry. Disregard my question on the other thread.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]1naija[/color] wrote:Nigeria has only one backstabber!
Make that 2.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

1NAIJA,

Now you are going to have to explain this to me !

...how is what Ikhana reportedly did different from what Onigbinde had been accused of, thereby earning him the tag"backstabber".

Please explain !
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

realplayer wrote:I wander what "backstab" means to some people. The use of the dictionary would help before raising a topic.

The crew need to be changed as it is amazing that a coach playing away will go attacking and go for bust some minutes to the end of the match instead of playing for a safe draw!

This was a match an experienced or sane coach would have secured a simple draw and we would have been better off !
Real Player,

I have no problem with the NFA changing any coach. The NFA has mastered the practice of changing coaches in the middle of any campaign, and usually they come up with success at the end of the day.

The issue here is for us not use double standards when it come to labelling people. What Onigbinde supposedly did at Mali 2002 earned him the moniker "backstabber" by some on cyber eagles.
Ikhana now appers to have done the same, so I am just asking that they apply the same standards to everybody else.

Where is Gabtigab to aswer this one ?
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

It just surprise me how u guys came to sudden conclusion whenever things happens this way... IKHANA did not force himself to Darkar in the first place, he was sent and the message would have been very clear to all of us including MUSA that a bad result such as this could make him give way to another handler... Besides, Ikhana has not even been named as the new U-23 coach and even if he is named thereafter, I don't see any BACKSTABBING in it. Musa has been trying and it is now obvious that the old sojar is fading out of tactics and favour as day gone by. So let us be modest in the way we CRITICISE people cus if you dam point one accusing FINGER on another Person, BE REST ASSURE THAT THREE OF YOUR OWN FINGERS IS POINTING AT YOU while the other one look straigth to heaven to seek for truth.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Solowe wrote:
1NAIJA,

Now you are going to have to explain this to me !

...how is what Ikhana reportedly did different from what Onigbinde had been accused of, thereby earning him the tag"backstabber".

Please explain !
Solowe,
I will be holding brief for 1naija.
Ikhana just won Arican champions League, Pa Oni just won award for the longest technical report writing competition.
The difference is practical applications and theoretical application
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hahahahahaha... wow if we don't win our next match which will be the ultimate decider hmm we are out of it....
Soldier of Fortune...