GOALKEEPERS CRISIS IN FARO!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Ayo,
How many rookies did we take to the 1994 WC in terms of GKs (and everybody) and how did the non-rookie that kept the goal in 98 perform?
It would seem to me that when Rufai was a rookie in 94, he did better than when he was not in 94.

Don't draw AO into this unnecessarily cos the one who laid set that precedent was Bora with Okpara and Baruwa in 98.

I don't have anything against sending such rookies to a championship anyway; it's just that I'd like to know your yardstick for arriving at 2 rookies. Is it a FIFA standard that a team should send a certain number of rookies or not the WC?

I don't think FIFA gives a damn whether you play 3-5-2 or mass attack, no defence.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Toxicarrow wrote:
Cyber Saint wrote:
Here's another good example: my reliable sources told me that Best Ogedengbe was the WORST goalkeeper that ever manned the Naija goal post, but he possessed the most feared defenseline in the entire Africa (Chukwu, Boetang, Muda, Adiele, Isimah, Okpala, and later Shofoluwe etc) hence his incompetence is usually covered.

Opari
This same reliable source that told you that it was Friday Ekpo who poisoned Ben Okorogu in Eagles camp in 1983/1984...hmm? For your good, in all you are getting, get understanding !!!

-edited-
by special request.
Last edited by Cyber Saint on Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Someone has said this, and I agreed with him intoto, YOU'RE THE BIGGEST MORONIC angel* we've got here in this forum.
When did i ever say that Baba and Udeze would be playing right back? You were probably too retarded to read but I stated clearly that it was a typo....i put 'em on the wrong side. But, I guess, a retard like yourself can neither read nor comprehend.

MI5 wrote:Your sources will lead you into a well with all the lies they have been feeding you... Are they the same sources that told you Udeze and Cele will be playing right back in this coming ANC?

Cyber Saint wrote:MI5, I trust my sources more than I do you, ok.
And I'll reply you when i get back from work. And yes, Muda was a defensive/holding midfielder = defense, ok. Just like Sunny Oliseh.
Shofpluwe, i heard, played towards the later part of Best's career.
Last edited by Cyber Saint on Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Please ignore Cyber Saint guys. He is distracting us from the real argument. The fact of the matter is that the Eagles technical crew are not happy with the goalkeeping situation and have sent word to the NFA in Abuja.

The source Kick Off quotes is in Abuja not Faro. The matter will be addressed as soon as Ogunjobi gets back from Senegal.

Ayoakinfe, look at me very well.
Do I look like Schillachi? In all your delusions, did you ever conceive me as someone you can #$%$ with?
I decided to lay off you, to give you some breathing space, but it seems you're too dumb to realize that. If you get into my plate again, I'll eat you alive. You should know those to #$%$ with....don't even #$%$ with me. If you #$%$ with me, I #$%$ you up.
A word, they say, is enuff for the wise.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

If you get into my plate again, I'll eat you alive. You should know those to #$%$ with....don't even #$%$ with me. If you #$%$ with me, I #$%$ you up.
Fight!! Fight!! Fight!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Cyber Saint wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Please ignore Cyber Saint guys. He is distracting us from the real argument. The fact of the matter is that the Eagles technical crew are not happy with the goalkeeping situation and have sent word to the NFA in Abuja.

The source Kick Off quotes is in Abuja not Faro. The matter will be addressed as soon as Ogunjobi gets back from Senegal.

Do I look like Schillachi? In all your delusions, did you ever conceive me as someone you can #$%$ with?
I decided to lay off you, to give you some breathing space, but it seems you're too dumb to realize that. If you get into my plate again, I'll eat you alive. You should know those to #$%$ with....don't even #$%$ with me. If you #$%$ with me, I #$%$ you up.
Such language! Your local priest would be ashamed! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Eagle Winged on Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

bret- hart, maybe you should lend them your elbowpads and pink lycra :mrgreen:.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

bret- hart, maybe you should lend them your elbowpads and pink lycra .

Post by Cyber Saint »

Vindave, you're very naive to have made that stmt.
'nuff said

@Ogwu-na-dozen, cellular, and seyi black
I'm not trying to say that goalkeepers are irrelevant. Nah, that's not my point at all. The point I'm trying to make is that a good defenseline is more important than so called a world class goalkeeper.
Any goalkeeper, with a porous defense would conceed many goals. I don't care how good a keeper might be, when faced one on one with the Ronaldos, the Inzaghis, the Rauls, the Figos, the Henrys, and the Kluvierts of this world, such a keeper would be made to look ordinary. On the other hand, a good defenseline can protect even an average goalkeeper and make him look good.
Feel me???

C'mon guys, that's not rocket science :o
Ofoje2
Egg
Egg

Post by Ofoje2 »

Damn.... i can't wait to see this fight, i heard Ayo is ripped at 200lbs, Cybersaint beware. :mrgreen:
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Ofoje, trust me, I'm so ready for Ayo.
In fact, he knows better than to mess with me. Methinks it was b'cos I told MI5 that I'm going to work, that's what gave him the courage to get out of his rat hole.
Omoga
Egg
Egg

Post by Omoga »

Please, what kind of rubbish is this? Grow up cyber saint( 50 cent)
Immortal Technique will destroy your religion you stupid *Nice Lady*/ You're faker than blue-eyed crackers nailed to a crucifix/
mystic

Post by mystic »

CS:

There is no reason to get personal or abusive. The bottom line is that your statement that undersells the importance of a good goalkeeper does not hold up under scrutiny.

Yes, a great defense can cover up for an average or subpar goalkeeper, but in a tournament of the magnitude of the ANC, the likelihood of bad goalkeeping not coming back to haunt you is slim. Furthermore, it is not as if Nigeria's defense is so kpom that you don't even have to worry who the goalkeeper is.

Mind you, this discussion is not a knock against the goalkeepers currently in camp. In my view, they are all talented and capable. However, the fact remains that they are all painfully inexperienced and none has reached the level where you would consider them to be first rate internationals. Now it is quite possible that one of them will step up and rise to the occasion - rendering much of this fuss mute. But anyone who thinks that we are not taking a huge gamble on their lack of experience is not seeing reality.
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Well, the lack of quality keepers will definitely lower CE's expectation in this nationsCup... So no sweat, game never start!
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

My brother, Mystic, I apologize.
You know it's not in my character to blow up in that way.

I was having an intelligent conversation with Ogbunigwe and a few others, all of a sudden Ayo came out of nowhere to put his dirty mouth into where he wasn't wanted.
Tell me what the convo I was having with selected people took away from Ayo? And who is Ayo, by the way, to tell anyone what to discuss on here?? Who made him a judge over anyone here?

And to add insult to injury, this toxicarrow person also jumped out of nowhere to put words into my mouth. I never at any time said that Friday Ekpo or anyone poisoned Ben Okorogu. What I said was that a couple of people were accused at that time. I also said that gave a newspaper interview captioned, "My Hands are Clean."

I DID NOT accuse or allege that anybody poisoned Ben. I even stated clearly that I DO NOT know who did it, I only reported what I read in a newspaper article.

On the contrary, there are a few people here that claimed, without any shred of evidence,that Steven Keshi did it. I don't engage in such senseless and baseless allegations. I do weigh my words very carefully.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

You %$#@^& *kindperson* and this ethnic bigot who deserves to be hanged wherever you are YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A COMPLETE DISASTER AND DISGRACE TO THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE i mean even you were an animal since you are Zoo's all over the world will find it hard to keep you in there because you are nothing but a plaque to this forum. For all your rantings and lies on this forum you should be ashamed of yourself. You %$#@^& *kindperson* who has never trapped a ball in his life... Pls tell us again who is your source who has been feeding you with lies after lies since you brain is twice as small as an ant so i don't expect you to think that much since people like you are MORONS... Low life scum bag.... Don't worry i guess this will be your first ANC happy viewing loser...

Whoever called you saint must have been the devil.. pls repent and you will be saved.... Racist *kindperson*....

Cyber Saint wrote:Someone has said this, and I agreed with him intoto, YOU'RE THE BIGGEST MORONIC angel* we've got here in this forum.
When did i ever say that Baba and Udeze would be playing right back? You were probably too retarded to read but I stated clearly that it was a typo....i put 'em on the wrong side. But, I guess, a retard like yourself can neither read nor comprehend.

MI5 wrote:Your sources will lead you into a well with all the lies they have been feeding you... Are they the same sources that told you Udeze and Cele will be playing right back in this coming ANC?

Cyber Saint wrote:MI5, I trust my sources more than I do you, ok.
And I'll reply you when i get back from work. And yes, Muda was a defensive/holding midfielder = defense, ok. Just like Sunny Oliseh.
Shofpluwe, i heard, played towards the later part of Best's career.
Soldier of Fortune...
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

scholl wrote:CyberSanit, Some countries have awesome goalies that,to be realistic, could be an equally good replacement for another. Take for example the Italians(Buffon, Abiatti and Toldo) which reminds of Toldo vs the Dutch in Euro 2000 and then look at the germans, they have Kahn, Lehmann, Butt and Hildebrand (whom I watched during Nig 99) now where the heck is Sam Okoye? We have a lot of goalies but the difiiculty in making a choice is that they are all horrible. As far as I am concerned, unless you had some pot, you should not have made such a comment .
I thought somebody said on this site that Sam Okoye is a very good goalkeeper even a friend of mine from naija confirmed this also.
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Cyber Saint wrote:

:D :D :D :D :mrgreen: Serious fight here!!!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!