WAFFI, WHO ASSISTED...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
WAFFI, WHO ASSISTED...

Post by anointed »

...Bolton's goal against Spurs at White Hart Lane when JJ hit the bar 3 times?

Pls consult OPTA's stats b4 you answer.

I asked you this quetion in the old forum but you did not answer.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: WAFFI, WHO ASSISTED...

Post by Waffiman »

anointed wrote:...Bolton's goal against Spurs at White Hart Lane when JJ hit the bar 3 times?

Pls consult OPTA's stats b4 you answer.

I asked you this quetion in the old forum but you did not answer.
Jay Jay did not give the pass or last pass that led to the goals. So he did not do the assisting there.

Why una still dey wahala me for wetin OPTA stats talk? Na wa for una oh!!!
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Waffi,

You seem to have lost your sense of objectivity.

http://www.4thegame.com/results/report1 ... cbwfc.html

But that luck ran out a minute later as the corner fell for Okocha. His shot was blocked by Keller but Nolan pounced to stroke home the loose ball and give Bolton a deserved lead.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

I agree with Waffiman. Merely because the goal came from Okochas freekick (which came off the goalkeeper before Noland scoring), doesnt mean it was an assist. It wasnt purposely done, he was aiming to score himself.
I remember on the first game of the season, Aiyegbeni had a shot that the keeper saved and then i think it was either Berger or Sheringham, tapped it in. Should that be an assist to Aiyegbeni? No, it was luck like Okocha's.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

EW,
You too have lost it. Since when did football start to have 'own assist' as in own goal
just cos the gk spilled the ball. Assisit must go to somebody but not a gk who spills the ball. If JJ didn't play the shot, would there have been an assist
Would you also say JJ always intends to hit post based von his high rate?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

And by the way, it wasn't from a free kick.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFrien ... 95,00.html
Allardyce lifting the spirit
By George Caulkin
Bolton Wanderers 1 Arsenal 1

A YEAR AGO LAST WEEKEND, standing in the visiting dressing-room at Upton Park, Sam Allardyce performed a tolerable impersonation of Ebenezer Scrooge. Christmas past was haunting him. “We were second-bottom, West Ham United were bottom and I told the players that if we lost the game, we would be relegated,” the Bolton Wanderers manager said. “I knew that no team has ever got out of trouble when they’re bottom on Christmas Day.”
Little more than 12 months later, Allardyce was pictured on the cover of Bolton’s match programme in front of an artificial tree decorated with tinsel and baubles, wearing an ill-fitting hat that had “Santa is a Wanderer” scrawled across the rim. The Bolton manager looked uncomfortable (although not half as much as Jay-Jay Okocha, who was striking a similar pose) but nevertheless mustered a ghost of a smile.

Humbug has been banished from the Reebok Stadium. Bolton are enjoying their most productive start to a Barclaycard Premiership season, they are tenth in the table, are preparing for a semi-final in the Carling Cup and recently beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. In April, Arsenal left the ground cursing a 2-2 draw that derailed their push for the title; on Saturday, they grasped a single point with undisguised relief.

“It was the decisive day for the championship, we were a little unfortunate, Bolton were really aggressive, took things to the limit. Two of our players were kicked out of the game and to lose the work of a whole year is not easy,” Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, said of last season’s trauma. “This time, provided Bolton keep playing like that, we will look back at this result and feel very happy. They are as good a team as we have played.” There has been a dramatic shift in Bolton’s outlook over recent months and Allardyce harks back to his miserly speech in the East End of London as the turning point. “Thankfully, we got a draw and since then we’ve been steadily getting better,” he said. “I can wake up on a Sunday morning now feeling a lot more relaxed than I have done for the last two years. I worry, but I don’t have to worry so much.”

Fear is now what Bolton inspire in others. In this stylish, thunderous match, Arsenal were not at their most bullish but they were not permitted the luxury of dominance by a side crammed with intelligent scrappers such as Simon Charlton and, in Okocha, an outstanding talent.
The captain was not directly involved in Bolton’s equaliser — Henrik Pedersen’s full-blooded shot from 18 yards and second goal in five days — but he struck the left post with a free kick, shaped some delightful passes and mesmerised a shivering crowd. Okocha’s absence will be felt when the African Nations Cup commences late next month but for more tangible — and perhaps surprising — reasons than his show-stopping ability.

“He’s not just a player of outstanding quality, he is the skipper as well,” Allardyce said. “He’s a good talker — probably because he can speak four languages — and he pulls the players together and organises them. He handles that position very well and we’ll miss him because of that.” Wenger described Bolton’s free-transfer signing of an “exceptional” player that he once recommended to Paris Saint-Germain as “good fishing”.

That Arsenal took the lead was more a reflection on poor officiating than anything else. Dennis Bergkamp fouled Ricardo Gardner before releasing the ball for Thierry Henry, he squared it to Fredrik Ljungberg and Robert Pires pounced on his deflected shot. “I’ve got to be honest,” Kevin Nolan said, “Graham Poll had one of the worst games I’ve ever seen.” Aside from that and a couple of chances for Henry and Bergkamp, Bolton were superior.

Their next fixture is on Boxing Day, away to Liverpool, whose weary supporters, already wading through speculation regarding Gérard Houllier and with Michael Owen and Harry Kewell missing, have cause for trepidation. Victory would take Bolton above them and Allardyce’s message is very different this year. “He’s told us that we’ve got to go to Liverpool and prove there’s no reason why we can’t finish in the top half of the table,” Nolan said.

Bolton Wanderers (4-1-4-1): J Jaaskelainen 6 — N Hunt 6, E Thome 7, S Charlton 8, R Gardner 8 — I Campo 7 (sub: I Ba, 78min) — K Nolan 6 (sub: H Pedersen, 75), P Frandsen 7, A Okocha 8, Y Djorkaeff 7 — K Davies 7. Substitutes not used: K Poole, A Barness, S Giannakopoulos. Booked: Campo, Nolan. NEXT: Liverpool (a). FORM: DWLWWD

Arsenal (4-4-2): J Lehmann 6 — K Touré 6, S Campbell 6, P Cygan 6, G Clichy 5 — F Ljungberg 6, G Silva 5, P Vieira 5, R Pires 6 — T Henry 6, D Bergkamp 5 (sub: R Parlour, 69 5). Substitutes not used: M Keown, Edu, Kanu, G Stack. Booked: Henry, Vieira. NEXT: Wolverhampton Wanderers (h). FORM: DWDDWW

Shots on target: (h) 14 (a) 5. Fouls: (h) 11 (a) 13. Offsides: (h) 3 (a) 3
Waffiman , pls find me an Arsenal player that got an 8 rating :?:
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

It wasnt a direct assist for the goal but his influence and his involvement in the goal can not be disputed