Kanuwatch

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Kanuwatch

Post by RudeBoy »

1. Shots: I only recall him having one shot all game! It resulted in a point blank save by the goalie

2. Movement: He moved more than he has done for a while (are you sure he is 37? :D )! He still waits for the ball to feet but did drop into midfield a lot to show for the ball.

3. Control: Tight control. Difficult to bully off the ball.

4. Fouls: I only recall one foul commited by him.

5. Teamwork: Worked hard for the team today

Overall display: 6/10.
Last edited by RudeBoy on Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
dagooner
Egg
Egg

Post by dagooner »

I must confess, I was FLBERWHELMED and OVERGHASTED by NK25's game today. The man was running round the pitch like this was '93, abi na bicos im contract don wan end? :?:

Kanu really brought it out today, he was even in the 18 yard box defending!!!! :o
TRUTH is NOT Known by Its Popularity!!!!
Tolu

Post by Tolu »

We need all these kanu skills and juggling in ANC!! weather or not Arsenal plays him will be of superficial concern.
Kanu is certain to get his contract renewed or sign a new deal with other clubs in england or Europe.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Tolu wrote:We need all these kanu skills and juggling in ANC!! weather or not Arsenal plays him will be of superficial concern.
Kanu is certain to get his contract renewed or sign a new deal with other clubs in england or Europe.
I never knew u worked in Highbury.....As for me, i wish him all the best!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

You better not bring that Juggling against Cameroon.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

WHICH OF THE GAME ARE U GUYS TALKING ABOUT, A sure is not that same game I watch where Kanu played against Leeds yesterday. I give him 8/10.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Vindave 8/10 for what?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Kanu is still very good In my oppinion.All I ask of him is consistency.
who no know go know.
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

The guy was solid throughout that game.I'll give him 7 out of 10.He was difficult to get off the ball,difficult to mark and was dangerous anytime he got the ball around the leeds 18yard box.He marked well and his passes were accurate almost all the time.

Moved well for a '37' year old man.37 ko, 97 ni!

Let's give our players credit when they perform well.Kanu is definitely back in form.What pisses me off however is the fact that he's now playing 'football' at the end of his contract.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Kanu is a contract player. When he needs contract he shows up to play.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

He only does that against Leeds United no other team.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Objectivity and not prejudice, pls.

We shouldn't allow sentiments to becloud our sense of judgement. Even if a guy does not play well generally, be magnanimous when he plays one good match.
I sense that more than 50% of CE lacks the spirit of sportsmanship but overflows with sentiments.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Well I did not see the game against Leeds but based on game reports that I have read online, I give Kanu a 9/10. As for needing Kanu in Tunisia, this is a no brainer. I mean this is a player that is so good the unexpected is always expected from him. Not only do I expect to see Papillo in Tunisia, I expect him to start too. Now whether he will play 90 minutes is another story entirely.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Robby based on reports UR giving Kanu a what?9/10?Abeg go on top of the Decatur mountain and jump down! :twisted:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

The main problem with Kanu is the coach he plays for. That's all.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:Well I did not see the game against Leeds but based on game reports that I have read online, I give Kanu a 9/10. As for needing Kanu in Tunisia, this is a no brainer. I mean this is a player that is so good the unexpected is always expected from him. Not only do I expect to see Papillo in Tunisia, I expect him to start too. Now whether he will play 90 minutes is another story entirely.
hahahahahahahahahaha......Robby, so if your teacher give you F9 or A1 based on wetin them talk about you, you go agree...Which kin nonsense yarns be dis...LOL...Now I have heard everything......

Nothing spoil sha with all of you BIPOLAR KANU SHRINERS 8)
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo, Ol'boy not only do I call it the way I see it but I also call it the way I hear it. :D
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

La Reussi wrote:The guy was solid throughout that game.I'll give him 7 out of 10.He was difficult to get off the ball,difficult to mark and was dangerous anytime he got the ball around the leeds 18yard box.He marked well and his passes were accurate almost all the time.

Moved well for a '37' year old man.37 ko, 97 ni!

Let's give our players credit when they perform well.Kanu is definitely back in form.What pisses me off however is the fact that he's now playing 'football' at the end of his contract.

La Reussi
Spot on my bro. Papillo is back, he has been back for a while, hopefully he can play in a coaching set up in the SE that will make optimum use of his talents.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Kanu will want to play, not coach and I don't blame him! I suspect this will be his swansong!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)