Worst foul in footy game ever......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Martin
Egg
Egg

Post by Martin »

mister dolly wrote:Vinnie Jones was a cockney thug in a Wimbledon shirt...the ultimate henchman in football... :mrgreen:

Meanwhile..that Schumacher foul still give me the creeps thinking about it...followed IMHO by that jaw breaking elbow by a Brazillian player (Leornado?) I think against a US player in the 1994 WC...
That was Leonardo's foul against the US' Tab Ramos. I was in the stadium to witness that foul in person. A horrible foul indeed. As was Schumacher's foul on Battiston. Because both of those fouls occurred in the World Cup many remember those two horrendous fouls.

Another really bad foul was the foul by Trinidad & Tobago's Ancil Elcock against Mexico's Cuauhtemoc Blanco in a World Cup qualifier in 2000. Mexico was winning like 6-1 at the time and eventually won 7-1 as Elcock came in sliding with his bottom of his boot directly at Blanco's knee. Blanco's knee bent backwards and he was out injured for over a year. He has comeback from that injury to do well but has lost the speed and mobility he had beforehand.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

world cup 82 incident was the all time classic of roughness in my book (schumacher vs batiston)....I heard he retired 3 or 4 months after that rough tackle and was out for a while...
Also, naija vs that algerian(10 -10) in '88 nations cup...I think it was Obobaifo that laid that assault on him...............USA vs Brazil was a bad one with ramos getting that brain damaging elbow to the face (he almost passed out)..... I think this one shook me up...A welsh player who swallowed his tongue after he was brutally tackled a few years back in the welsh league...Luckily he lived........ :?
Last edited by original skeepolah on Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ebyboy wrote:
27 wrote:Vinnie Jones and Paul Gascoigne

Wow did that really happen?
No, the picture was famously doctored.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

In the days when Arsenal were reknown for their thuggery, Paul Davis smahed the nose(?) of Southampton's Glen Cockeril.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

all cameroonian players :mrgreen:
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

27 wrote:Vinnie Jones and Paul Gascoigne

You guys don craze, what is going on here??
Jinn
Egg
Egg

Post by Jinn »

platinum wrote:omey2k4Ronaldo made a comment about being glad he was on the same team as West and not facing him.
:lol: :lol:...he must've been thanking his stars denmark did him a favor...maybe the injury that kept him out of football after the WC would have occurred much earlier...& lasted longer :lol:
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

How about Leonardo trying to break Tab Ramos' skull in 1994, he was red carded tho
NigerianPiedPiPeR
Egg
Egg

Post by NigerianPiedPiPeR »

Oh..The worst foul i ever saw on tape was the foul Morais of Portugal gave on Pele in the 1966 World Cup in England..Goodness! i got the tape...he got no card!! The guy chopped Pele off the ground when Pele made a move at first..then Pele got up in pain, flicked the ball away and Morais violently took Pele's legs from under him..never seen a foul like that.. meanwhile Pele was in agony and was carried off the game with a torn muscle and vowed never to play a world cup ever again..Luckily he was begged back to the Brazil squad of 1970 and dominated the world again
NigerianPiedPiPeR
Egg
Egg

Post by NigerianPiedPiPeR »

how are u gonna foul the best player in the world TWICE like that??? People came to watch the man play and u take him out of the world cup..that's how anal the refs were back then..poor Pele didnt even have shinguards on.
"Pele is on a level of his own, anything else is just uncivilized!" -- David Beckham
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

3) Schumachers foul against that French dude in WC 82
That has to be number 1. :o
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Portugal and Bulgaria gave brazil a run for their money. The Portuguese, bulgarians and hungarians almost brougth a stop to pele's career.......The Bulgarian's do not have the reputation as the roughest team for nothing.....Kill and bury is their game......... :twisted:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

the worst foul i have ever seen was rigobert song on Osaze odemwingie. That was the most blatant and brutal foul ever.Almost ended the poor boy's career.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Eaglet
Eaglet

Eaglet
Eaglet

from, uglyfootballers.com
Eaglet
Eaglet

That Bustt one na popular one..I done see dat wan before................. :mrgreen:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

27 wrote:
Vinnie Jones and Paul Gascoigne

You guys don craze, what is going on here??

seem like paul was enjoying it
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Stephen Gerrard committed a foul last season that should have earned him at least a year's ban
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Jinn wrote:
platinum wrote:omey2k4Ronaldo made a comment about being glad he was on the same team as West and not facing him.
:lol: :lol:...he must've been thanking his stars denmark did him a favor...maybe the injury that kept him out of football after the WC would have occurred much earlier...& lasted longer :lol:
:lol: :lol: That's some funny thought right there. Ribo was not formerly known as Hatchet-man West for nuthin.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Worst tackle i can remember is Steven Gerrard packing George Boateng's standing foot and then that dunce Houllier said Boateng made the most of it

worst aftermath, David Busst, Luc Nilis and Jamie Carragher
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

the worse tackles are not found at the world cup......go to the village.... rural football is the craziest to my knowledge. you can find the best form of martial arts there.... forget shumacher :lol: :lol: :lol:
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

The worst foul i have ever seen was during a match between Coventry City and ManU back in 1997. It happen in the Man U box 18. Peter Sche(sp), ManU goalkeeper had to be counselled for weeks. The player from Conventry broke his leg so bad. He had over 40 operation on it just to get the leg straight. He never walked again, talkless of playing.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.