Worst foul in footy game ever......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Worst foul in footy game ever......

Post by airwolex »

Guys which is the worst foul you have ever seen. Please help me settle an arguement, the contestants are:

1) Omokaro against that Algerian dude in Maroc 88
2) Keane against Haarlgerand (can't spell his name) EPL match
3) Schumachers foul against that French dude in WC 82
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Worst foul in footy game ever......

Post by YUJAM »

1988 ANC - Brigt Omokaro breaking that Moroccans leg. The ref didnt even give him a card..
airwolex wrote:Guys which is the worst foul you have ever seen. Please help me settle an arguement, the contestants are:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

You have to hand that to 10-10 :mrgreen:. How he didn't get a red card in the process is still a mystery to me.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Worst foul in footy game ever......

Post by airwolex »

YUJAM wrote:1988 ANC - Brigt Omokaro breaking that Moroccans leg. The ref didnt even give him a card..
airwolex wrote:Guys which is the worst foul you have ever seen. Please help me settle an arguement, the contestants are:

That was simply horrific pure assault, but i don't believe its worse than shumachers karate kick/kungfu chop against that french player. If memory serves me right he wasn't sent off for the foul either
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Patrick Battiston was the victim of Schumaacher's attack.

BTW, the German goalie was not carded either!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
ukblack
Egg
Egg

Post by ukblack »

Camerounian player (not sure but I think it was Kunde) trying to kill Cannigia in the 1990 WC opening game. I think he kicked him so hard his boot flew off, pure class! 8)
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

I remember a Welsh guy stepping on an Italian guy's head (Donadoni?) in some Wales-Italy match in 1989/1990.

That was terrible too.
khalela

Post by khalela »

I also remember one game where a defender stood on the foot of another guy who was jumping to head the ball.There was a sickening crunch as the guy was jumping while his foot was pinned down.Needless to say he never played again.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Schumacher vs Patrick Battiston was an all-time low.If it was done today, he'd probably get suspended for 6 months on video evidence.

But what about that foul by a Camerounian guy in WC in the 1980's or 1990's (maybe 1990). I think his name was Benjamin Massing. Anybody remeber that assault?
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

My vote would go to Schumaacher on Battiston. If I remember quite clearly B Boy had four broken ribs from that assault. That is the equivalent of landing on your side from the third floor of a multi-layer building.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Jinn
Egg
Egg

Post by Jinn »

ukblack wrote:Camerounian player (not sure but I think it was Kunde) trying to kill Cannigia in the 1990 WC opening game. I think he kicked him so hard his boot flew off, pure class! 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: na kana biyik...as he bend down dey pick him shoe wey don commot...he look up see red-card...e no even bother 2 wear the shoe again.

even funnier was the fact that 2 other ppl had already tried 2 bring cannigia down...but he kept going...by the time kana came in...the guy was still struggling 2 regain his balance...kana made up 2 3 long strides...such determination :lol:
Jinn
Egg
Egg

Post by Jinn »

but really the foul by biyik pales in comparison 2 the omokaro & shumacher fouls...

simple: cannigia didn't need medical attention after the foul...
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Vinnie Jones and Paul Gascoigne

Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

27 wrote:Vinnie Jones and Paul Gascoigne

Wow did that really happen?

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Wow did that really happen?
Yes.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Patrick Viera all the fowls in his life.Joe Cole of Assenal deserves a national ban for his tackles too.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Joe Cole of Assenal deserves a national ban for his tackles too.
omey2k4, eh??
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

omey2k4,

Which day Joe Cole join Arsenal?? Ya biased brain no dey allow u reason soundly, admit it, this season Arsenal are THE team.

Schumacher's tackle in that WC game was pure devilish,no intent to get the ball whatsoever.
Taribo's tackle on Kanchelskis in his Inter days was also pretty shocking, knocked the poor Russian out of Italian soccer for good. It was after that game, Ronaldo made a comment about being glad he was on the same team as West and not facing him.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Ashley Cole my bad.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Vinnie Jones was a cockney thug in a Wimbledon shirt...the ultimate henchman in football... :mrgreen:

Meanwhile..that Schumacher foul still give me the creeps thinking about it...followed IMHO by that jaw breaking elbow by a Brazillian player (Leornado?) I think against a US player in the 1994 WC...
Last edited by mister dolly on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Its a Goal wrote:You have to hand that to 10-10 :mrgreen:. How he didn't get a red card in the process is still a mystery to me.
Word was the Algerian dude career ended that day.
ukblack
Egg
Egg

Post by ukblack »

platinium, thanks for reminding me of Taribos tackle on Kanchelskis I was living in Italy at the time and there a was a one hour programme the following monday just dedicated to Taribos attempt to seperate Kanchelskis legs from the rest of his body. Even my mates who were Inter fans called Taribo an animal.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Has anyone one forgotten the tackle by Georgi hagi on Conte during euro 2000. the one that put him out for months.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.