Worst foul in footy game ever......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffi
No be only me respect them oh. I remeber late Muda saying he would rather not play against them. Even Owolabi wey make mouth say he does not fear anyone, when the match started it took only one body check to send him to play on the wings pushing one poor guy to go an confront them.
But we love them those days especially when the dorne the NNB or SE jerseys. They were the reasons the word Benin Mafia gained so much ground in naija football.
Personally i respect Eboigbe as well as admire him for his aerial ability, and i must confess i tried everything to be like him, but i could never have that scrowl on his face, i suppose my preparation was no thorough enough eh :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The thing with Bright was that he could play the game, he had the skill, very fit and strong, i cannot remeber him being injured , for someone who plays the way he does.

If you are going 50-50 with Bright just keep your eyes off the ball and watch what Bright will do, because 90 out of 100 he will go for your leg and not the ball.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

What about Colins Ebitimi...Babu wire?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Easily Roy Keane on Alf Inge Holland in the Manchester derby.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Barbwire na small boy where dem Omokaro dey, but chei dat one na another brutal defender. The thing about Barbwire is his size, he is not big and he has the skinniest pairs of legs a footballer could have, and yet he gained so much fame for being a wicked defender.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:Waffi
No be only me respect them oh. I remeber late Muda saying he would rather not play against them. Even Owolabi wey make mouth say he does not fear anyone, when the match started it took only one body check to send him to play on the wings pushing one poor guy to go an confront them.
But we love them those days especially when the dorne the NNB or SE jerseys. They were the reasons the word Benin Mafia gained so much ground in naija football.
Personally i respect Eboigbe as well as admire him for his aerial ability, and i must confess i tried everything to be like him, but i could never have that scrowl on his face, i suppose my preparation was no thorough enough eh :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The thing with Bright was that he could play the game, he had the skill, very fit and strong, i cannot remeber him being injured , for someone who plays the way he does.

If you are going 50-50 with Bright just keep your eyes off the ball and watch what Bright will do, because 90 out of 100 he will go for your leg and not the ball.
I must agree on that, the guy was supremely fit and strong athlete. I wish he was young today, na Highbury he for dey.

Eboigbe and Keshi were awesome together but I felt Sunday was under rated. He was truly awesome in the air and fearless.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:Barbwire na small boy where dem Omokaro dey, but chei dat one na another brutal defender. The thing about Barbwire is his size, he is not big and he has the skinniest pairs of legs a footballer could have, and yet he gained so much fame for being a wicked defender.
Kai! I remember Babuwire. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffi
The reason why developed to such a fine libero was because of Eboigbe. Sunny will do all the work leaving Keshi to roam all over the place.If Keshi arrives in camp and sees Sunny he knows he is going to play well. Eboigbe i agree with you was underatted, those guys came before their time, i can imagine Sunny in the EPL, he will be a hit simply because of his Aerial ability. He was supreme in the air.

He remains one of the hardest defender to get past, you can trust his long legs to disposess you of tha ball. His job was simple take the ball away from the defender and hand it over to Keshi. Yes their combo was made in heaven.
Funny in NNB they will pair Sunny and Okolie or Omokaro , while Keshi plays what we fondly call the DM role these days, and who can forget how Keshi and Henry will rain thunderous shots from all over the place on the keeper on the other side of the pitch. NNB was one of the best thing to come out of Naija. They were a complete side.
I feel for you o Waffi how una dey survive the tussle back then?.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:Waffi
The reason why developed to such a fine libero was because of Eboigbe. Sunny will do all the work leaving Keshi to roam all over the place.If Keshi arrives in camp and sees Sunny he knows he is going to play well. Eboigbe i agree with you was underatted, those guys came before their time, i can imagine Sunny in the EPL, he will be a hit simply because of his Aerial ability. He was supreme in the air.

He remains one of the hardest defender to get past, you can trust his long legs to disposess you of tha ball. His job was simple take the ball away from the defender and hand it over to Keshi. Yes their combo was made in heaven.
Funny in NNB they will pair Sunny and Okolie or Omokaro , while Keshi plays what we fondly call the DM role these days, and who can forget how Keshi and Henry will rain thunderous shots from all over the place on the keeper on the other side of the pitch. NNB was one of the best thing to come out of Naija. They were a complete side.
I feel for you o Waffi how una dey survive the tussle back then?.
Man! I nor lie to you, Benin was buzzing those days with the Insurance NNB rivalry, we Insurance boys were well green with envy but we had our our guys too and dem nor fear but respect was given by both sides. Ozogula, Keshi, Edobor etc. cause us real wahala and I was not amused at all. The funny thing be say NNB start for Sapele so I supposed dey support them but I nor gree and my fellow Saffi boy could not understand why.

Till today I still wonder why Eboigbe never made it big in Europe like Keshi, maybe he was just too old. Keshi was a complete baller and for a big guy his ball skills were supreme. Na true you talk, if not for Sunday, people like Keshi for now shine. Some player.

Funny thing be say he reminds me of Leotis Boateng for Insurance. IMHO, I still agree with those Insurance people wey go swear say Boateng was a better and more gifted player than CCC. Of course CCC was a great leader and his overall package was awesome on the pitch. But strictly as a footballer, there are many Insurance people who still argue that Boateng was better.

There is a place I go with SirV sometimes on Friday in London, na Delta Tavern dem dey call am
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

i don't quite remember omokaro's foul cos i was small and didn't like soccer then. but the memory i have is that when he kicked that algerian guy he was screaming and got carried of the field and later he tried to get into the game put once his foot touched the ground he creamed and got helped off the field without the strecher. i think we won that game in penalties... is that the game cos i don't really remember
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I have never seen Barbwire play but he had a fearsome rep. My friend used to go to Onikan to watch him everytime. Before the game he would..ahem...blaze up. Then he'd enter the field bounding gesticulating and being generally intimidating while the Stores supporters chanted "Babuwaya! Babuwaya! Babuwaya!." Apparently by the time they would start the game Colins would be so hyped up and frenzied, Gos help the opposing strikers.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

airwolex wrote:I have never seen Barbwire play but he had a fearsome rep. My friend used to go to Onikan to watch him everytime. Before the game he would..ahem...blaze up. Then he'd enter the field bounding gesticulating and being generally intimidating while the Stores supporters chanted "Babuwaya! Babuwaya! Babuwaya!." Apparently by the time they would start the game Colins would be so hyped up and frenzied, Gos help the opposing strikers.
Abeg, you fit tell me wetin you mean? That your oyinbo big pass me oh!! :P :P :P :P :P
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Well...according to legend barbwire not only played on grass, he sometimes made other use of the stuff....ahem...if you know what i mean - :wink:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

airwolex wrote:Well...according to legend barbwire not only played on grass, he sometimes made other use of the stuff....ahem...if you know what i mean - :wink:
Chei!! You sabi find trouble oh! You nor see as I take style wan find Oloye mouth but the man just pretend like say he dey blind when he reached that dept. I hear say 10/10 and those NNB boys too like the thing.

Urhobo college boys were notorious. You just do not mees with Urhobo college boys.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

it has to be Ginger Poro(short skockiest player i have seen in my life against Ajibade(Tall rugged defender) which happened on FHA field. The minutew we hear KRAKPA!!!!(sound of bone breaking), in less than 2 seconds no body dey field, me sef i jah nver to retrun to teh field. Na 3 months ago i found out what actually happened(This incident happended about 9yrs ago). To cut the long story short, Ajibade no gree play ball again after spending 8 weeks in Igbobi orthopaedic hospital.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The blaze that stores supporters set all over the place is enough to get their players high anytime. Anyone who has watched football will tell you, that the end where the commentary box is located is a place faint hearted people dont venture into.

Commentators had to abadone that box because they usually get so flamed up , they get so high.You could get so high just sitting in that zone of the stadium.

Waffi wetin you wan make i talk, when person eye turns red , with water dripping from the two eyes , all sweaty and looking like a rabid dog in the dressing room, please add 2 +2.
As for Eboigbe i think he left it too late, before he decided to join the train. While everyone was heading to Belgium, they went to Cyprus i think, it turned out to be a bad experience for Him. Also back then the opportunity to go out was limited.

daddyrich
Egg
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

Battiston broke his jaw not his ribs
Baxter Onigbinde's second coming is the most disingenious stint ever in Nigerian coaching history.
mouko
Egg
Egg
Re: Worst foul in footy game ever......

Post by mouko »

YUJAM wrote:1988 ANC - Brigt Omokaro breaking that Moroccans leg. The ref didnt even give him a card..
airwolex wrote:Guys which is the worst foul you have ever seen. Please help me settle an arguement, the contestants are:

1) Omokaro against that Algerian dude in Maroc 88
2) Keane against Haarlgerand (can't spell his name) EPL match
3) Schumachers foul against that French dude in WC 82
So Nigerians too are bone-crunchers?. Thought they only figure-skate and do bellerina. Thanks for the info anyway.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

YUJAM wrote:Patrick Battiston was the victim of Schumaacher's attack.

BTW, the German goalie was not carded either!
Battiston spent 3 months in coma. Not sure.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:38 pm Guys which is the worst foul you have ever seen. Please help me settle an arguement, the contestants are:

1) Omokaro against that Algerian dude in Maroc 88
2) Keane against Haarlgerand (can't spell his name) EPL match
3) Schumachers foul against that French dude in WC 82
This one, for me.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:25 am
This one, for me.

See how long it took before medical attention arrived. Kai! Smh.
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

There was a match from the 80s, I think.
A player was going after the ball and opposing was coming in... The first player came flying in hard & fast with his studs up and got the opponent in the forehead. The opponent had a gash/open to his head. He lay on the ground and was out cold (If I remember correctly, it ended tragically). Very horrific
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

The foul against Onazi in the 2014 world cup against France. The annoying part is that the French player was not punished.