FIFA U21 rule- Impacts for Nigeria?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg
FIFA U21 rule- Impacts for Nigeria?

Post by Jiggerman21 »

This FIFA rule is scary.

Given the NFA's mismanagement and ill-tratment of our footballers, what impact will this have on our U21 boys?

Surely they'll be getting BIG MONEY offers to play for European nations right?

Although I doubt it, I sincerely hope Martins isn't avoiding playing for SE to avoid being locked in.

Just a thought. Hmmmm.......
Last edited by Jiggerman21 on Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

sorry EW,
I just saw your post in the other thread
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA U21 rule- Impacts for Nigeria?

Post by 27 »

Jiggerman21 wrote:This FIFA rule is scary.

Given the NFA's mismanagement and ill-tratment of our footballers, what impact will this have on our U21 boys?

Surely they'll be getting offers to play for European nations right?

Although I doubt it, I sincerely hope Martins isn't avoiding playing for SE to avoid being locked in.

Just a thought. Hmmmm.......
With the situation at the NFA there is reason to believe more players will choose to play for other countries over Nigeria. Right now we seem to have more strikers than we can play and there'll always be countries in need of players. The likes of Andorra, Luxembourg, Chad and Equitorial Guinea come to mind. Remember that these countries will probably treat players far better than the NFA (remember players who got banned for fighting for justice).

Having said that, only those who feel they have absolutely no hope of playing for their preferred country will switch (Kanoute(?)) and they may be of such quality that you wouldn't miss them anyway. Also, many Africans have a dep rooted patriotism so they wouldn't even consider switching.

The safest thing to do (which man countries may soon do) will be to give them a few minutes at the end of a tournament qualifier. That counts as a competitive game and ties them forever.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

If you were a top U21 player for Naija, NFA is demanding egunje from you while Italy offers you only $100,000. You really believe most players will turn down the offer?
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

We get Ameobi???

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Jiggerman21 wrote:27,
If you were a top U21 player for Naija, NFA is demanding egunje from you while Italy offers you only $100,000. You really believe most players will turn down the offer?
This is it man. This is it.

Play for your "fatherland" and endure beurocracy, corruption, mistreatment, disrespect, conspiracy, dishonour, slander and the rest of it or do what a lot of the '98 French team did and hope to achieve something great knowing that everything that can be done off the pitch is being done to ensure your success and that the best interests of the team are paramount in decision making?

African countries won't be the only ones to feel it. The same thing happens in much of South America. Many FAs will need to raise their game big time to hold on to players.

FIFA have virtually opened an international transfer market.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

RudeBoy wrote:We get Ameobi???
We get yam???
pastorhotr99
Egg
Egg

Post by pastorhotr99 »

Jiggerman21...Brethren...bless you for seeing the other of the coin...we also stand to loose our very bright ones too...so th eViera's and Zidanes will be even easier to poach now....besides within 10yrs when Niggeria starts to fade...Burkinas, Mali, Niger, Congo and all those Francophone countries with a large pool of french born players who played U17-21 will now opt for them ie Kanoute nad make these countries stronger..
...circa 1999...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

I will play for anybody who pays me $$$$$$ i am loyal to the highest bidders...... :lol: 8)
Last edited by MI5 on Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Eagle Winged also mentioned this in another thread.

MI5, you see what I mean?

NFA had better get their act together for the sake of our future. Countries like England are desperate for talent, and there's no shortage of wannabe Briticos in Nigeria.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

J21,

Yes ohh i saw this long time ago and trust me it's going to happen sooner that we all think. Countries like France, Belgium, England, Holland, Sweden, Norway and others are inspiring all other countries to take a hard look at their foreign born citizens knowing now that the balance of play in the world futbol is reflected every where now..

We already see in it Track and Field and other sports and this years Olympics will really make a lot of countries who want to win some Gold medal go all out and court our sportsmens and women not just in soccer but in other sports like swimming, running, long distance and many more. This is the year the Olympics will take place and since all this bodies don't have any restrictions on who runs for who look for this trend to translate into futbol very soon with teams and countries courting our best players away for $$$$$, omoge's, housing, incentives and many more. I will not blame them if they go for it and play for other countries because playing for Nigeria and the way players have been treated in the past has become a sad tale, they should go for it.

In my covert operations now whoever shows me the money $$$$ is who i will respond to. no more loyalties, those days are over.... they should now become "Players of fortune"

You know since this guys will do anything to beat us on and off the field trust me they know what to do since they know how imcompetent associations like NFA and others operate because they are nothing but a bunch of career criminals in there..... Benkaubaur and Charlton said it long time ago "That the future of world football lies at the feet of an African player" everyone is beginning to start believing in it

Stay tuned we haven't seen anything yet....
Last edited by MI5 on Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

MI5 wrote:J21,

Yes ohh i saw this long time ago and trust me it's going to happen sooner that we all think. Countries like France, Belgium, England, Holland, Sweden, Norway and others are inspiring all other countries to take a hard look at their foreign born citizens knowing now that the balance of play in the world futbol is reflected every where now..
France's 1998 Worlc Cup success has given them a perfect model.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Yes France'98 and the team winning Euro 2000 has now opened a lot of eyes in many places that were closed before....This model is going to be used now that another Euro 2004 is coming again with Portugal as the host and others coming in with their legions of black players. Infact players again as always are going to play a crucial role in how their teams do very well in the championship...
Soldier of Fortune...
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I think Africa will gain and lose at the same time. now Whenever u17 and u20 competitions are held, scouts from european countries will flock in order to convince young players to dump their original country for $$$$ and their adopted country. Contries like Poland, Norway Isreal come to mind. while at the same time, we will be able to get back players that have no hope of playing for their adopted country after playing for their junior team.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

lets look at it both ways guys. some will give the patriotic call, and come running home..Yeah, some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If the dollars,opportunities and lifestyle is better, they will go where the grass is. Take our current financial downfall and disaster in naija, are naijans not running like mad men to obodo for better jobs,life,etc, even when their friends and family cry for them to stay???in the same way, lets not be naive, and think everyone thinks like us, many eagles will fly away to greener pastures...
I think we should wake up, and see this as a warning. Yanga and show have no place here. Look at modern day basketball for instance, you think olowokandi,fox,Najera,Hilario,etc,etc, will play for their native country, if given a chance to dawn red,white and blue??/
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Money,prestige and what you can accomplish........You wonder why france has had the likes of Tigana,Viera,Karambou,Zidane,etc............There is a market out their, and european teams see that africa has a lot of talent especially in their youth. Watchout guys, NFA and other african FA's buckle up.......I sound my warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :|

EVERYONE WONDERS WHY GHANA HAS FADED. FOR A MILLION DOLLARS????PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!I WILL PLY MY TRADE ION THE TUNDRAS OF ICELAND OR THE SWAMPS OF BANGLADESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....