Oliseh changes citizenship, now a Belgian

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ufuomsky
Egg
Egg
Oliseh changes citizenship, now a Belgian

Post by ufuomsky »

Oliseh changes citizenship, Now a Belgian
By David Meshioye
Determined to discourage his future invitation to the national team, ex-Super Eagles captain Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh has finally dumped his Nigerian citizenship for Belgium.

NewAgeSports can exclusively reveal that the Bochum star midfielder changed his nationality to Belgian and affected the change in his current Bundesliga club.

Already, his curriculum vitae monitored on Player Watch.com, now reflects this change as the green white green colour of Nigeria has been replaced with Belgian national flag.

His action, NewAgeSports gathered was triggered by his unceremonious exit from the senior national team following unhealthy relationship that exists among the players, coupled with the brouhaha against NFA over players’ welfare.

Oliseh, was berated by NFA buffs for being discourteous to the late sports minister, Mark Ishaya Aku in Mali following the furore that characterised Nigeria’s exit in 2002 African Cup of Nations in Mali.

The former Borussia Dortmund player was thunder-tithed after his name was omitted from a 54-man preliminary squad for the World Cup, after being frozen out for leading a players' revolt during the Super Eagles' exit in 2002 African Cup of Nations in Mali.

It remains to be seen if Oliseh would play for his new country, Belgium as new FIFA rule now allows a footballer capped at junior level to represent another country at any level as long as he possesses dual nationalities and makes the request to change nationality under the age of 21.
be objective or die subjectively
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

NIGERIAN JOURNALISTS: They MUST BE STORIES TELLERS!

ONCE UPON A TIME---BLAH BLAH BLAH

NONSENCE! NONSENSE! NONSENSE!
ufuomsky
Egg
Egg

Post by ufuomsky »

What else will he do next?
ufuomsky
Egg
Egg

Post by ufuomsky »

That is why they are journalists!
carbon
Egg
Egg

Post by carbon »

Na wah for this David Meshioye.
mystic

Post by mystic »

This story belongs in the trash can.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I guess the journalist doesn't realize there are many players who carry more than 1 passport. I bet he will almost collapse and pass out if he finds out that Babayaro has a British passport :D.

About Oliseh playing for Belgium, all I can say is :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
ufuomsky
Egg
Egg

Post by ufuomsky »

Most people here misunderstood this writer journalism, the story is not about how many passport he is carrying ,but how he intend to get back at them (Nigerian) by this action he undertook to change nationality.
He simply saying that I represented you (Nigeria) but look at how you treated me when thing went bad so I dont need you per se that is the message he has send us ,I Hope you get it.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]ufuomsky[/color] wrote:Most people here misunderstood this writer journalism, the story is not about how many passport he is carrying ,but how he intend to get back at them (Nigerian) by this action he undertook to change nationality.
He simply saying that I represented you (Nigeria) but look at how you treated me when thing went bad so I dont need you per se that is the message he has send us ,I Hope you get it.
I don't understand. Say it again :roll:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
ufuomsky
Egg
Egg

Post by ufuomsky »

Probably you need a comprehension lesson! No Offence!
mystic

Post by mystic »

ufuomsky:

Give me a break. The writer simply visited Playerwatch.com, and upon learning that Oliseh was listed as a Belgian citizen he proceeded to calculate that 2+2 = 22. It is either this or somebody paid him to write fiction. What a bunch of crap! Is it today that Oliseh got a Belgian passport?

For real, I wouldn't even wipe my yansh with this report. This is how rubbish journalists invent stories and instigate trouble.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Oliseh don get belgium passport since, and the number of non EU players na anoda reason wey go mek am use im belgium passport.

who wan invite oliseh come camp again?
mufu baba iyabo
Egg
Egg
Location: Never mind what u've left behind,keep in mind what u're yet to find"
some Naija journalist lack credibilty!!!

Post by mufu baba iyabo »

their mentallity at :twisted: times dey baffle me!! how can this man say Oliseh wan hit back to the Nation, the Beligians will not even look at him twice, not even once. the point be say; Oliseh don serve fatherland finish, praise be to God for that. In another way, Oliseh has gone down the hill :shock:
"Heineken refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach". "Nos nihil effisere non possimus"- "To us Nothing is impossible"
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Should we even be talking about this trash?
peppersoup
Egg
Egg

Post by peppersoup »

This David Meshioye should be sacked! Gosh! this is bad journalism at its worst. This I will call total mis-information. This guy needs to go back to school..How come because he has a Dual nationality equals to Dissing Nigeria/Eagles?
It remains to be seen if Oliseh would play for his new country, Belgium as new FIFA rule now allows a footballer capped at junior level to represent another country at any level as long as he possesses dual nationalities and makes the request to change nationality under the age of 21.
Please dont call the above junk again na pure "shalanga" journalism!
"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular."
obong obuma
Egg
Egg

Post by obong obuma »

Rubbish journalism.Keshi,Amokachi,Babayaro,SiaSia,Ikpeba all have already been Belgian citizens.The convenience and advantages of being listed as an EU player are tremendous.Also,the lazy journalist needs to realize that Nigeria still allows dual citizenship.
Winning is not everything....it is the only thing!
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

NFA is NOT Nigeria
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

hmm, who cares about all this. this is how some people cry wolf when there's none.
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Even me sef i am now from the Pacific Islands.... :lol: :lol: :D
Soldier of Fortune...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This has to be one of the most disgraceful pieces of journalism I have seen here for some time. How did this guy get his job? :x :x :x :x :x :x
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

LOL! where did this man pluck this story from? Next thing,dem go talk say JJ wan play for Turkey. lol
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

ufuomsky wrote:Most people here misunderstood this writer journalism, the story is not about how many passport he is carrying ,but how he intend to get back at them (Nigerian) by this action he undertook to change nationality.
UFUOMSKY:
Sunday Oliseh has had Belgian citizenship for donkey years (including when he was Eales' skipper), as reportedly does Victor Ikpeba and Celestine Babayaro. Present skipper Austin Okocha and ex-skipper Uche Okechukwu has Turkish citizenship, while Tijani Babangida reportedly has Dutch citizenship. And I believe that Osaze Odemwingie also has a Russian passport.
Tolu

Post by Tolu »

ufuomsky wrote:What else will he do next?
abeg follow me ask Oh!!