TUNISIA '94 to 2004 Only One Eagles Survived.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
TUNISIA '94 to 2004 Only One Eagles Survived.

Post by VINDAVE »

Looking back at the Present List of the Invited Eagles for the 2004 Nations Cup in Tunisia, and also looking back at the old squad that won the Nations Cup in Tunisia far back 1994 - it will be interesting to note that ONLY one of the old bridgades still or will make it. The only player that made it was that raw player then that was not too favour by the then Technical Adviser Clements Westerhof. And that same player was pulled out of the final in the second half against the determined Zambian swuad led by Kalusha Bwuaya. This player presence was very visible as our midfield immediately collapsed after he was pulled out. No Wonder the great Pele of Brazil said " I was enjoying the match until HE was pulled out..." Who was the HE the great Pele was referring to? It is not other person than the GREATEST NO 10 ever... THE KING - MIDFIELD MEASTRO... AUSTINE JAY JAY OKOCHA. I was watching the final (Tunis '94) Yesterday, and I was surprise to see my wife who is not even a lover of football to comment that o! our team his now confuse because of this yeye man (referring to Westerhof) who decided to remove Okocha... I never even knew she was watch and concentrating... Well, that is it, HE is coming again this time as a BIGGER PLAYER - Africa Watch out for the arrival of the great KING. Only Kings know a Good King.

This is the full list of the Nigerian squad to the 1994:
African Cup of Nations in Tunisia - Goalkeepers: Peter Rufai, Wilfred Agbonavbare and Alloy Agu. Defenders: Austin Eguavoen, Uchenna Okafor, Nduka Ugbade, Uche Okechukwu, Benedict Iroha, Isaac Semitoje and Stephen Keshi. Midfielders: Mutiu Adepoju, Samson Siasia, Finidi George, Austin Okocha, Sunday Oliseh, Edema Fuludu and Thompson Oliha. Strikers: Rashidi Yekini, Daniel Amokachi, Efan Ekoku, Victor Ikpeba and Emmanuel Amuneke. Goalkeeper Ike Shorounmu was taken along but surplus to the required 22.
--- VINDAVE