Lawal must start for Nigeria!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Gabtigab
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Gabtigab »

YUJAM,
Abeg get off my boy's case. Yes he made a mistake in the semi-final which is human. don't forget thopugh that without him there would have been no semi final.

How you guys forget mistakes made by Kanu and Okocha by missing penalty kicks, not knowing direct from indirect free kicks etc but refuse to forgive my boy. This is not fair.

Talking about being clubless can you please remind me what club Taribo West was playing for during ANC 2002 and Japaskor 2002?.
PT Teacher Oni aka Backstabber. The NFA aka Thieves. Betty "Sisi" Vogts aka Fraudster.
CRIME: Destroying Nigerian Football. VERDICT: GUILTY AS CHARGED. SENTENCE: Na God Go Punish Them.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Oga Gabti, unlike Yujam I will not disrespect a great son of the soil who has toiled hard for his nation. However, he is now past it, he has been there, done that and bought the Tee-shirt, he needs to make way for the young guys especially as we have players who are younger and better. He nor even get club again.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Omoga wrote:
I know GArba lawal hasn't got a clubside right now but according to reports he is still his dependable old self. I beleive that not only should he make the final 22 but he should also start in his customary left-wing position for the Eagles at Tunisia. This gets my vote for the starting 11:

..............................Enyeama.................................

Abbey.........Yobo..........Taribo..............Babayaro

...Okocha....Ekwueme.........Utaka.............Lawal

...................agahowa...............Kanu........................

what do you guys think? huh?

Remove ekwueme and Utaka, replace them with obodo and olofinjana, and there you have ccc’s starting eleven :mrgreen:
I cannot see Enyeama starting on goal.
Ayo, who you see starting in goal??
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

I like Garba Lawal anyday because he plays to instruction, the only problem is that he is one legged player and that is really messed up!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
hdeburlar
Egg
Egg

Post by hdeburlar »

can we ust put some common sense into CCC to invite Chijioke Ejiogu probably he could solve our headache.
A messiah is needed for our Football
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

lawal might not be as flashy as Jay Jay but he keeps his head down and does his thankless job very reliably. He even pops up now and then to score the odd goal.

omonaija I don't think Olufijana is ready to start for Nigeria. He is rather raw compared to Ekwueme and Utaka. Obodo is alright as well he might be another good choice for the position I've put lawal i.e. left defensive midfield but I beleive he is an inferior attacking midfielder to Utaka. I support his inclusion in the final 22 definitely.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

The problem with lawal is that he lacks basic ball control which makes him lose ball possession when pressure is put on him. He sure carries water though but overall he shouldn't be in the starting line up.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

i never rated him but im hearing that he is impressing in the camp maybe maybe lets see.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Lawal's grand children are older than me...do u guys still think that this guy has the stamina to give a whole 90 minutes of hardwork. No doubt he is a hard worker, but many times the mind is willing but the body cannot deliver. Lawal can sit next to kanu on the bench...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

New forum same old hating Same cats that was hating at the old forum and the forum before that somethings never change I agree with cuz that ya'll trying to clown my nucca Lawal belong on the team... ya'll probably wanna put some cat on the team that scored a goal in the game you were watching last week or some dumb expletive like that...
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Futcha22 wrote:New forum same old hating Same cats that was hating at the old forum and the forum before that somethings never change I agree with cuz that ya'll trying to clown my nucca Lawal belong on the team... ya'll probably wanna put some cat on the team that scored a goal in the game you were watching last week or some dumb expletive like that...
what do u expect, a leopard cant change its spots.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

No offence, but Your line up is incredibly dumb!!

Worthy of CCC himself.
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

I honestly don't believe that you guys are actually discussing whether skill-less Garba 'two-left-feet' Lawal should be in the starting 11! :x :x

Heck, he shouldn't even have been invited to camp in the first place! And, ye gods, nowhere near that list of 22!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

Worthy of CCC himself.

you sound incredibly dumb yourself so don't worry no offence taken . Lawal is not only useful as a leftwinger but also when placed right in front of the back 4. He has always done all the dirty work for nigeria at atlanta, at france ,at Nigeria-ghana 2000, at Mali and at Japan. If he was so useless how come all the coaches start him?

Television doesn't show us all that goes on down on the pitch -all that we see are the neat tricks and spectacular passes- we pay no attention to the basic hustling and simple passes without which no team can succeed. All our coaches see this however and value players who can provide it reliably, players like Lawal.

I'm quite surprised and dissapointed that so many people in this forum are unable to appreciate Lawal qualities. :|
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Start only those with the starting potentials.
who no know go know.
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

Quote:

Worthy of CCC himself.

you sound incredibly dumb yourself so don't worry no offence taken . Lawal is not only useful as a leftwinger but also when placed right in front of the back 4. He has always done all the dirty work for nigeria at atlanta, at france ,at Nigeria-ghana 2000, at Mali and at Japan. If he was so useless how come all the coaches start him?

Television doesn't show us all that goes on down on the pitch -all that we see are the neat tricks and spectacular passes- we pay no attention to the basic hustling and simple passes without which no team can succeed. All our coaches see this however and value players who can provide it reliably, players like Lawal.

I'm quite surprised and dissapointed that so many people in this forum are unable to appreciate Lawal qualities
obsession,
Go and watch the most recent match Lawal has featured in for the SE: against Brazil. The guy was a real liability. Everyone talks of doing the dirty work, but it's really not true. He works very hard, granted, but in terms of efficiency, he simply doesn't measure up. Think of Oliseh, Justice, Mutiu. In their hey days, they worked just as hard and were a thousand times more effective.

If you want to include him just bcos of his 'dirty work' then convert him to a DM or out-and-out defender. Cos in terms of helping the attack, he is completely useless. A living monument to mediocrity.

Hard to swallow, but that's the plain truth.
Unisol
Egg
Egg

Post by Unisol »

Lawal should not be playing soccer for Nigeria. If they need a left winger badly, NFA can get in touch with me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Go Super Eagles - We taught the world to play Soccer.
Chief Gabtigab
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Gabtigab »

You guys can keep hating while my by lawal continues to impress the coaches. That's how real men talk. With their boots.

I'm sure many of you would rather have 11 dribbling OKochas on the pitch and when we lose as usual you'll come here to yan opaks like "there was no effort blah blah blah"

Lawal will make the team due to his effort. So get used to it dudes and go suck on some lemons. yeye bashers. :)
PT Teacher Oni aka Backstabber. The NFA aka Thieves. Betty "Sisi" Vogts aka Fraudster.
CRIME: Destroying Nigerian Football. VERDICT: GUILTY AS CHARGED. SENTENCE: Na God Go Punish Them.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Chief Gabtigab, is he actually your boy? Is he literally your son? You speak like he is.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Lawal 4 tunisia, love it or hate it.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Chief Gabtigab
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Gabtigab »

Eagle Winged wrote:Chief Gabtigab, is he actually your boy? Is he literally your son? You speak like he is.
So what is wrong if he is my son?. As a chief I can have many sons. Yeye man.

The man deserves what he gets (regular caps by all coaches) due to his effort. That's why he's my boy. Kapish?.