Athens 2004: Musa Abdulahi Sacked! WE GO DIE OOOHHH!!!!!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet
Athens 2004: Musa Abdulahi Sacked! WE GO DIE OOOHHH!!!!!!!!!

Post by original skeepolah »

NAIJA BETTER WAKEUP/ THIS IS THHARDEST GROUP I HAVE SEEN IN THIS OLYMPIC CAMPAGHN(IN OR OUT OF AFRICA)..............WHOEVER WINS THIS GROUP WILL GO FAR IN THE OLYMPICS, BUT I HOPE NAIJA WAKES UP...THIS GROUP IS NO JOKE. THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO GOOF OFF AND BE DISORGANIZED!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Thank you, sir. Some ppl seem to think that only way to fix the prob is to fire the coach.

I say: Take a good look at the teams in that group! :!:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

I WISH THIS WAS OUR WORLD CUP GROUP. TWO THINGS WOULD HAVE :D BEEN THOROUGH: A THRASHING AND A HUMBLING..........................
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

The group is not a difficult one. With the calibre of players we have, Naija should come out miles ahead of the rest.

We all know the problems facing our football today, corruption and organisation.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

THAT IS SO TRUE. IN AFRICA, NO GROUP IS DIFFICULT FOR NAIJA...IT IS THE WAY WE APPROACH THE GAME. WE SHOOT OURSELVES IN THE FOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

My friend: Show a bit of humility. :)

I have told you guys over and over again that the rest of Africa is not standing still either. That group will be no walkover and I wont be surprised the least bit if Senegal or Tunisia qualify

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:14 pm Post subject:

The group is not a difficult one. With the calibre of players we have, Naija should come out miles ahead of the rest.

We all know the problems facing our football today, corruption and organisati
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

LIKE I SAID IT IS OUR STUPID APPROACH.............IT IS HARD TO CLIMB FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP..................BUT EVEN AFTER THIS,WILL WE WAKE UP???????????NAIJA DESERVES ANOTHER OLYMPIC TITLE, BUT THEY ARE DOING A LOWSY JOB AT SHOWING THAT THEY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:|
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

http://nigeriasports.com/331

LOWSY JOB INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

original skeepolah hey push "CAPS LOCK" when typing.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Just read that last paragraph and u want to slap the writer..........
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

All over the world coaches are sacked regularly. And I mean REAL coaches. Why would anybody regret the sacking of a pseudo coach...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

YEAH saacjed at the end of the season or before the season starts, not oin the middle of a qualifying campaign....a new coach might bring a new system players might have trouble adjusting to at the last :P minute
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Do you follow football at all?

original skeepolah wrote:YEAH saacjed at the end of the season or before the season starts, not oin the middle of a qualifying campaign....a new coach might bring a new system players might have trouble adjusting to at the last :P minute
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

TRUST :wink: ME I DO.....
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

TRUST ME I DO.....:wink :
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

How come you don't know about all the coaches sacked so far this season all over the world:

FC Feyonoord
Inter Milan
Spurs
Leeds
1860 Munich
Hamburg
Schalke
Liverpool (TBA :) )

original skeepolah wrote:TRUST :wink: ME I DO.....
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Guys:
I keep telling you this but you choose to ignore me. Fine!

However, please be warned that a change of coach might not be helpful here. Gathering the best stars in the world might not be helpful here.

The team that qualifies will do so on merit because they worked hardest together. I guarantee you that Senegal will keep the same team together for the next few months. They will possibly train together in France, and will only get better. Tunisia also smell blood and will work with their compliment of players.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

YUJAM wrote:Thank you, sir. Some ppl seem to think that only way to fix the prob is to fire the coach.

I say: Take a good look at the teams in that group! :!:

YUJAM:

Haba, how come you have a change of heart on this group? How come? Were you not one of those who always believed that nIgeria ordinarily is better than everyone else and thus every loss must be the coach's fault?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

EnuguII:
I was definitely wrong.

It looks like this local coach was definitely set up to fail.

YUJAM:

Haba, how come you have a change of heart on this group? How come? Were you not one of those who always believed that nIgeria ordinarily is better than everyone else and thus every loss must be the coach's fault?

Post by Enugu II »

YUJAM:

I think sometimes we focus on the wrong things. If we had been asked about the outcome of this game two months ago I am certain that many would not have been so mad with a 3-4 loss to Senegal. IMO, the current anger emanating from this game is only a residue from the earlier home game when Nigeria failed to take the three points that had been expected. Now, Nigeria has been forced to try to win away games that ordinarily should be very difficult for us to win particularly against very difficult opponents.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

EII:
I agree. It comes down to a lack of preparation - plain and simple. The team that was played in Senegal was a much stronger team than the one that played in Egypt and possibly the one against Tunisia. Only problem is that the team did not prepare properly because it was tinkered with too much.

My view about all this IC vs LC is changing slightly. Whereas in the past I would blame the coach automatically for such a loss, I am now convinced that there is no substitute for good preparation.. If you cannot get a core group of players to practice and play together a few times, you certainly will underachieve. A lesser talented but better prepared team can challenge a more talented but unprepared team. This is why I think Abdullahi was set up to fail.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

YUJAM wrote:EII:
I agree. It comes down to a lack of preparation - plain and simple. The team that was played in Senegal was a much stronger team than the one that played in Egypt and possibly the one against Tunisia. Only problem is that the team did not prepare properly because it was tinkered with too much.

My view about all this IC vs LC is changing slightly. Whereas in the past I would blame the coach automatically for such a loss, I am now convinced that there is no substitute for good preparation.. If you cannot get a core group of players to practice and play together a few times, you certainly will underachieve. A lesser talented but better prepared team can challenge a more talented but unprepared team. This is why I think Abdullahi was set up to fail.

YUJAM:

You know -- I am a bit convinced that the FC v IC debate is misguided and because of its media hype so manyy people merely repeat the media themes. If the hypothesis is carefully tested we wil find that what defines a good or bad coach has very little to do with the simple divide of FC or IC. The task is finding what exactly is the defining criteria for a good or bad coach in Nigeria but I am fairly certain that it has nothing to do with being an FC or IC. I say this because I have taken the pains to calculate and compare the stats of both groups and there is no statistical significance between results obtained by the two. Academically, this calls for a search of more revealing variables. Unfortunately most of us are not keen on searching for the truly defining variables. Instead we regurgitate the same IC v FC debate repeatedly.