Resign if Eagles fail, Obasanjo tells NFA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

I would have prefered if OBJ were giving this ultimatum for the NFA's incompetency rather than the cup. Does that mean if we mange to win OBJ will be blinded to the unhealthy activities within the NFA? I doubt if he really know the problem.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Bell

Post by Bell »

OBASANJO IS NO POSITION TO THREATEN, AFTERALL...

...he's the man who thought the sports ministry was such a backwater portfolio of no real consequence reserved for political IOU's. Consequently he has failed to adequately supervise or fund the agency which is why the ministry has been so poorly run. And now he demands success. What nerve.

However, regardless of the reason used, I wouldn't shed tears if the NFA members were put to pasture.
Bell
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Bell wrote:OBASANJO IS NO POSITION TO THREATEN, AFTERALL...

...he's the man who thought the sports ministry was such a backwater portfolio of no real consequence reserved for political IOU's. Consequently he has failed to adequately supervise or fund the agency which is why the ministry has been so poorly run. And now he demands success. What nerve.

However, regardless of the reason used, I wouldn't shed tears if the NFA members were put to pasture.
Bell
Ogunjobi and Chukwu will be forced to resign after the ANC and a FC will be appointed to take us through the qualifiers and the WC proper.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Sir V wrote:
Bell wrote:OBASANJO IS NO POSITION TO THREATEN, AFTERALL...

Bell
Ogunjobi and Chukwu will be forced to resign after the ANC and a FC will be appointed to take us through the qualifiers and the WC proper.

On this I agree with you Sir V. If people have not noticed, Ikhana has been given "Observer" status to the ANC in Tunis. You know what that means.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

What does it mean?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Rudeboy:

"Observer" appears to mean "to understudy and to get acquainted with the boys in preparation for taking over the team." It is now a jargon denoting that the substantive coach is in the process of transition and the "observer" has the inside track to become the substitute. :lol: :lol: Ask Abdullahi, and ask Amodu before him. This indeed is no coincidence, it has become a pattern. In recent time, a coach who has an "Observer" named to his team knows that he has suddenly become a lame-duck and the clock has begun to tick quickly. Make no mistake about it.
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

:lol: I didn't know the post officially exist :D
Enugu II wrote:Rudeboy:

"Observer" appears to mean to understudy and to get acquainted with the boys in preparation for taking over the team. :lol: :lol: Ask Abdullahi, my brother and ask Amodu before him. This indeed is no coincidence, it has become a pattern. In recent time, a coach who has an "Observer" named to the team he is coaching knows that he has suddenly become a lame-duck and the clock has begun to tick quickly. Make no mistake about it.

TalkIT:

I do not know that it officially exists but the word "Technical support" was used in the AO case and more recently Ogunjobi has used the word "Observer" to denote the recent U-23 case. Last week or so Kadiri was named "observer" at the ANC by Ogunjobi. We all will watch what happens if the SE fails to deliver in Tunis. As these patterns begin to emerge we shall do our best to study them to confirm the above thinking.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
Sir V wrote:
On this I agree with you Sir V. If people have not noticed, Ikhana has been given "Observer" status to the ANC in Tunis. You know what that means.
EII:
Having read your subsequent explanation of the "observer" appointment, it appears that you and SIR V our on seperate islands: SIR V is rehashing the foreign coach mantra, while you appear to believe that an indigenous coach (Ikhana) is the heir apparent.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Qualify for the finals? Ain't we already in the finals? Maybe OBJ meant qualify for the final of the ANC. Whatever he meant to say, it is too late in the day for him to issuing ultimatums after the shambolic preparation we subjected ourselves to in the buildup to the ANC.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Btw, there is NOTHING in the posted news story to indicate that these events actually happened anywhere outside the reporter's fertile imagination.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Sir V wrote:
EII:
Having read your subsequent explanation of the "observer" appointment, it appears that you and SIR V our on seperate islands: SIR V is rehashing the foreign coach mantra, while you appear to believe that an indigenous coach (Ikhana) is the heir apparent.

Gotti:

We agree on the point that the NFA may have already set in motion the replacement of the coaching crew. I do not believe that CCC will be immediately replaced by an FC. My reading is that an IC is likely to take over. If an FC will come on board it may be after the replacement IC may have served for a period on an interim basis. Ofcourse, all these are speculative at this point.
OmoWaffi
Egg
Egg

Post by OmoWaffi »

The president don talk him own, but instead everybody go turn on am! Na so so dust una go dey yarn self?
realplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by realplayer »

Obasanjo should first remove the logs from his eyes before he tries to remove the specks out of the NFA's eyes......
Talent can only blossom with hard work!
gagyes
Egg
Egg

Post by gagyes »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :
gagyes
Egg
Egg

Post by gagyes »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

REal troblem even if we record 10% growth, he should still resign

Post by VINDAVE »

OBJ thank you, is not only the COACHING CREW that deserves to be handed threat letters in a tourney like this... IS HIGH TIME THE NFA themselves sit up and do what is right like Uzor Kalu of Abia to the Enyimba boys. We need an Uzor Kalu to win this Nation Cup. So NFA Step Up.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Cheii Baba has finally spoken nice one maybe Baba has been logging on to Cybereagles lately and saw so many NFA threads :D :P 8) We shall see how this turns out this is the kind of pressure this career criminals need.

Infact if we don't qualify for Athens 2004 on both the male and female side and do very badly in the ANC cheii i am trying to imagine what NFA would look like something like the aftermath 8)

No wonder Ogunjobi was repenting last week baout how things have gone upside down and all, now i see where it came from? Hahahahahaa... Stay tuned this is going to get interesting... :mrgreen:
Soldier of Fortune...
nasoo
Egg
Egg

Post by nasoo »

I don't believe this news is true, i don't trust Ade Ojeikere, all his stories are C - R -A - P.
IN GOD I TRUST, WITHOUT HIM I AM NOTHING