What Does Okoronkwo Have To Do To Get A Game?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Larry Ashagbe
What Does Okoronkwo Have To Do To Get A Game?

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

We all saw how Kiddminster FC nearly defeated Wolves on Saturday FA Cup clash and all the Wolves second string players were given a run out apart from Isaac Okoronkwo.

I was expecting Isaac Okoronkwo to feature against Chalton on Saturday because 5 players in the Wolves defence are either carrying injury or suspension, but after the FA Cup fiasco, I am not sure anymore.

Isaac Okoronkwo is having a torrid tme at Wolves and I feel for him big time.

What does he have to do to get a game?

Please let us hear your views.
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

I been think say he get Injury ?
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

I cant really understand what's going on there.....I wish Okoronkwo the best!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

He is obviously not rated by the manager! He is lucky it is only a one year contract.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

RudeBoy,

He is lucky to have secured a 1 year contract but he needs to be playing for him to get an extension or possibly a move to another club.

If clubs don' t see him play, I am sorry it is curtains for Isaac Okoronkwo.

Maybe the ANC will change his fortunes.

I hope I am wrong.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Larry, I think he can go back to the Ukraine no problem. They remember how good he was/is. He would be foolish to sign an extension with Wolves.

A good ANC would also help him but to be honest I am loathe to let him play because of his inactivity!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Borrow about $200 and buy a P.S 2 or an X BOX
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:RudeBoy,

He is lucky to have secured a 1 year contract but he needs to be playing for him to get an extension or possibly a move to another club.

If clubs don' t see him play, I am sorry it is curtains for Isaac Okoronkwo.

Maybe the ANC will change his fortunes.

I hope I am wrong.
Larry,

I thought you knew why Okonronkwo has not been playing.It has got nothing to do with his form.
Last edited by Sir V on Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Well maybe he is not giving the coach enough reasons to play him. The coach can only go by what he sees, and maybe, just maybe he is not seeing enough from Isaac.
To stop trying is to start dying
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

seriously, he needs to put his EPL trobles aside and do well in the ANC to revive clubs' interests in him
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Its amazing what relegation battles do to some of these managers. They really start acting loco.

Look at Pleaty at Spurs going out of his way to annoy his best player. A lot of these English managers seem to get it into their heads that only English players can handle a relegation scrap. Okoronkwo style can easily be misintepreted as lack of passion by a guy like Dave Jones, and his inexperience at this level (he did alright at Southampton but he actually often benche LeTissier) might make him think he need "scrappers".

I would not be surprised either if Isaac has refused to change his game and go for "gra-gra" football. And finally, without players who understand how to play, a laid back thinking defender can often look lazy when no-one is making runs for passes and he ends of looking like he's dwelling on the ball.

We've learnt our lesson now with this and also with Udeze's saga - our guys, and particularly our defenders, should stay away from these yoyo clubs.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

Based on an informed rumour the problem is not related to injury but more to his contractual terms. He was trying to be too clever in his contract. I think he should consider looking elsewhere (Spain, France or Italy) except he prefers to play first division football in England where he will be given ample opportunity.

To answer Larry question, Okoronkwo and/or his advisor should have a one-to-one discussion with his coach and that NORMALLY will be enough to give him a game.

Wolves Coach kindly action if you read this comments.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bottom line: it goes without saying that Isaac needs to be in Faro ASAP. He needs this ANC more than we need him. Hopefully, he's physically fit... cause I believe he's still got the skills based on the last real action he played (In June last year! against Brazil)... Simply put: this brother needs azn awesome Tunisia outing to straighten up his bread situation.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

At least this just proved his benchwarming got nothing to do with form. I was amazed the way many former okoronkwo's shriners made U turns and started bashing him saying he's too incompetent to play in the PL. We all know what this man can do, we saw him in the nations cup and world cup. Those were bigger stage than wolves.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Post subject: What Does Okoronkwo Has To Do To Get A Game?
According to SirV, Okoronkwo needs to drop!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

probably suck the manager or something or he doesnt like that bobo's face,cos kanu looks more decent
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
realplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by realplayer »

The English managers are mean spirited towards African and Nigerian players in particular. We all can still remember how Amokachi was frustrated at Everton some years back.

Nigeria is a big threat to them and they have the resources to buy our players and do whatever they want to do with them. Okoronkwo is unfortunate to find himself in this situation and his management team and himself are in the best position to have a meeting with the club management about his future in the club. If the outcome is not as expected he can negotiate to leave to another club where he would play regularly as he did in Ukraine. It is absurd that he has not yet played for a badly rated Wolves !

The ANC is a place Okoronkwo needs to shine and dump the doomed Wolves.

Wish him all the best!
Talent can only blossom with hard work!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

realplayer wrote:The English managers are mean spirited towards African and Nigerian players in particular. We all can still remember how Amokachi was frustrated at Everton some years back.

Nigeria is a big threat to them and they have the resources to buy our players and do whatever they want to do with them. Okoronkwo is unfortunate to find himself in this situation and his management team and himself are in the best position to have a meeting with the club management about his future in the club. If the outcome is not as expected he can negotiate to leave to another club where he would play regularly as he did in Ukraine. It is absurd that he has not yet played for a badly rated Wolves !

Wish him all the best!

this is the biggest yansh garbage i have read on this forum, pls review ur crappy post and reajust all the crap u wrote, my friend u are ur worst enemy
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

realplayer wrote:The English managers are mean spirited towards African and Nigerian players in particular. We all can still remember how Amokachi was frustrated at Everton some years back.

Wish him all the best!

Are you for real..."Nigeria is a big threat to them..." Whaaaatttt???

My man, please carefully review what you have just posted....
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

He has to be interested in sleeping with little kids perhaps.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Realplayer, na which kain kai-kai you dey drink every morning?
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

Na Akpeteshie!!

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Maybe he is not good enough????
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko