Tuesday: latest tid bits from Faro...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg
Re: Tuesday: latest tid bits from Faro...

Post by Dog Bruno »

mister dolly wrote:Source: Sumonu Bello-Osagie, Team Coordinator
===================================

**Mohammed Aliyu Datti arrived camp yesterday morning
**Pius Ikedia arrived camp this evening
**Julius Aghahowa is expected on Tuesday. Udeze on Wednesday
**Benedict Akwuegbu has left camp on CCC's permission to sort out ongoing issues with his Austrian club.
**There are no requests to the NFA regarding goalkeepers. The coaching crew are satisfied with the five GK's in camp.
***Coach Chukwu has vowed to close the camp doors in 24 hours. Only the presently exempted players would be allowed in afterwards.
***Arrangements are underway for the SE to play a Portuegese Div1 team in Lisbon on Wednesday.

The squad trained again today, and were split into two teams for a scrimmage. The team led by Taribo West defeated the team led by Ekong by 4 goals to nothing. Two of the winning team's goals came from freekicks scored against Austin Ejide by Romanus Orjinta (...could that be Orjinta's ticket to Tunisia? :shock: )..

Taribo's team
==========
Enyeama later subbed by Etafia

Abbey
Orjinta
Taribi
Chris Kanu

Shola Shuaibu
Seyi Olofinjana
Garba Lawal
Ekwueme

Uche Kalu (not sure if he played as a forward?)
Ekene Ezenwa

Ekong's Team
==========
Okoye later subbed by Ejide

Joseph Enakharire
Olajengbesi Seyi
Gabriel Melkam
Bob Usim

Aliyu Datti
Osaze
Ekong
?? tall home based player couldn't rememebr his name

Nworgu
Uche Ugochukwu

***The team list does not exactly represent how the players lined up in their positions..

More later.......

Could be Ileagu.
You are Your Own Dog
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

platinum wrote:If Ekong is leading a team in training, i think we can take it that he's virtually guaranteed a shirt in the ANC squad.
platinum..I was told not to read any meaning into who led which team..neither are they teams A or B..

My guess is that he led because he was probably the player with the most caps on that team...
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Taribo West's career is littered with indiscipline! He is behaving himself now and all I've said is that he is doing so becasue he wants to go to the ANC at all costs. What's wrong with saying that!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Nice one MD. Keep it up! The same goes to Ayo and the other guys providing camp tittle-tattle.

This edit was remixed by MD.
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

RudeBoy wrote:Taribo West's career is littered with indiscipline! He is behaving himself now and all I've said is that he is doing so becasue he wants to go to the ANC at all costs. What's wrong with saying that!
No offense, Rude...but I think we need Taribo more than he needs us (Ofcourse it's debatable).

He has been labeled that in Europe....understood, but I'm yet to hear from Taribo the reason for all the indiscipline-

Aside from the altercation with that old fart (WC 02), when and where was the insubbordination/ indiscipline, with Naija soccer.
You are Your Own Dog
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [b]You Know![/b]

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Dog Bruno[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]RudeBoy[/color] wrote:I love pastor! But discipline has not been his strong point over the last few years.
Could it be, that the whole indiscipline theme by Nigerians, was just more rhethorical than actual. It bothers me that you are labeling the guy when he has not exhibited any form of indiscipline, in this camp. We are still watching.

I am still mad at West, for not going the length, and applying the choke hold on that double barrel, chrome plated, used car salesman, Oni.

Thanks a million for the uncut, fair and balanced news from Camp.[/i]
Actually Ribo was an examplinary figure during the buildup to the WC only turn his attitude around during the WC proper.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

RudeBoy, i pray u see the light some day, cos peeps like u make players reject playing for naija, i hope u get urs someday.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

platinum wrote:If Ekong is leading a team in training, i think we can take it that he's virtually guaranteed a shirt in the ANC squad.
PLATINUM:
Do you mean the same way that Wilson Oruma was "virtually guaranteed a shirt" in the Japan/Korea squad when he led the Eagles in a real match against Kenya just before the 2002 WC finals?!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

MD:
Thanks a mil for the insider information, but didn't one of those online Nigerian newspapers claim that Ikedia was already in scintillating form at Faro?!
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:

MD:
Thanks a mil for the insider information, but didn't one of those online Nigerian newspapers claim that Ikedia was already in scintillating form at Faro?!

Gotti:

I read that report and it mentioned how Ikedia was taken the camp by storm. Na wao!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

MD, thanks for the update and the phone call. :)
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:

MD:

Gotti:

I read that report and it mentioned how Ikedia was taken the camp by storm. Na wao!
Gotti / Enugu II...maybe that's another case of junk journalism for you. As a matter of fact I was told Pius actually arrived after the team finished their scrimmage and played no part in the practice session..
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Naija Jorno at it again. Why they can't get facts to report is beyond me :x. MD, please keep up the good work.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

Thanks for the update. The ANC fever don dey catch me oh. Keep it up.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

MD, I look foward to your posts daily, they are like the first candle lit after NEPA has struck :) Good stuff!
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Md God bless u, Naija journalism is sick, and i read that issue on Guardian newspaper on of all papers. Hope Ekong doenst make dat trip, he is junk.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:Md God bless u, Naija journalism is sick, and i read that issue on Guardian newspaper on of all papers. Hope Ekong doenst make dat trip, he is junk.
Kai, Oga Taribo don introduce "junk" for our soccer lexicon. Now everyone na "junk" player :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Oga MD - You the man. Thanks for the updates and thank Bello-Osagie for all of us as well.
To stop trying is to start dying
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

Sir V,
where is your post taken from,because it is not stated in MD's post.
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

platinum,
E be like so oohh if that is what it is Ekong is as good as there
''Watching United today was like watching your woman with another man. They were where we should have been, doing exactly what we should have been doing, and deep inside you know they were doing it better than we ever have.'' __Arsenal Fan after watching Man Utd defeat Roma 7-1 10/04/07

mouko wrote:
''Going by this list Nigeria would survive if they can score more than they would concede.''
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Thanks