HOT NEWS: Obafemi Martins signs Advert in Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

VINDAVE wrote:BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT MAKE THIS A HOT NEWS... It is a Cool News as far as I am concern. The News can only be HOT if Obagoal lands in Faro Camp with scientilating performance in training too.
Vindave,

I hear you....I was wondering myself how this yeye arrangement has become hot news. Good luck to Econet and Martins....Money making scheme for both parties....you can't begrudge them, BUT the day wey Martins use eagles jersey pose for advert will be the day he crosses the line.

Q
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Its a Goal wrote:Now what are we supposed to think of this? That anyone who doesn't care about honoring their fatherland's call can be rewarded with a fat contract? I didn't realize there is a reward for being unpatriotic :x.
It's a goal, it's more unpatroitic to support a backstabbing coach who is the root cause of our players not wanting to sacrifice for the country. I don't think Nigeria should sweat over Obafemi, but why should he sacrifice his career for Nigeria, when coaches like backstabber Onigbinde can criminally exclude them from reaping the reward of their hardwork?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

spastic wrote:hey guys don't get so patriotic to the point where you lose clarity.

I think in general of his skill and his potential of becoming a great player ala George Weah, most red blooded Nigerians would like it if Martins to played for Nigeria.

That said it might also be in Martins best interest to show loyalty to inter Milan, esdpecially now when he is still dispensable, and then turn around in a couple of years when he has become a full fledged star and thus in control of his future, both financially and in terms of his career destination. then he can switch loyalty and start demanding to go play for country and such, ala Eto'o fils.

So in the meantime doesn't it make sense that he has a deal with a Nigerian company, signifying where his heart lies.

Anywway that my view on that

And that's my Word.
I could not have said it any better myself.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Bell

Post by Bell »

IT'S NOT TOO LATE FOR JILTED FANS TO REACT

Martins has every right to ditch Nigeria and Nigerian fans have every right to react accordingly. How about bombarding the company with mails/emails telling them it would hurt their products?
Bell
supaegnt of ngr
Egg
Egg

Post by supaegnt of ngr »

what makes this a hot news?

what's clarity?

i dont know which part of civilized entity you habitate?
check this out!
during naija's first outing in usa wc94.
hakeem olajuwon got a sole contract
from uncle ben's rice.did'nt those beast of no nation>*African American*'s<resent it?

begging question is,why can't those establishment(s) yield to decency?
You see, if you want to scare a Chinese lady, tell her you have SARS. If you want to scare a Kenyan lady, tell her you have AIDS.
If you want to scare the American lady, tell her she is likely to have
cancer; but, if you want to scare a Nigerian lady, tell her you don't
have money.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]omonaija[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Its a Goal[/color] wrote:And they say this boy doesn't know what he is doing.
But IAG, that shouldn't stop him from getting endorsement deals because he said he aint ready yet...think about it!
I've thought long and hard about it. I still believe he is an unpatriotic and selfish guy who only thinks of what is good for Martins and cares less about the impact his actions have on the lifes of others.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]1naija[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Its a Goal[/color] wrote:Now what are we supposed to think of this? That anyone who doesn't care about honoring their fatherland's call can be rewarded with a fat contract? I didn't realize there is a reward for being unpatriotic :x.
It's a goal, it's more unpatroitic to support a backstabbing coach who is the root cause of our players not wanting to sacrifice for the country. I don't think Nigeria should sweat over Obafemi, but why should he sacrifice his career for Nigeria, when coaches like backstabber Onigbinde can criminally exclude them from reaping the reward of their hardwork?
Nna, I no say the place wey you bin go no dey in touch with civilization :P, therefore I go take the liberty to inform you say AO no dey incharge of SE again. Na CCC dey run di show now so leave the old man alone :).
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

txj wrote:This of course had to have been agreed to before Martins shuned the SE. It now beholves on Ogunjobi and the FA to apply the full weight of the law on Martins so that companies like Econet can follow suit.
And some said Martins did not need Nigeria!
This is what I time as well.

Utaka, Yobo and Yakubu did some advert in summer last year for some GSM company.
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

That company should cancel the endorsment in thier own interest or they should "wait" until he plays for Nigeria. They will have to wait for long, that I know, except he play in the nations cup
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?