SOLOWE: IKHANA REPORTEDLY REJECTS U-23 JOB

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
SOLOWE: IKHANA REPORTEDLY REJECTS U-23 JOB

Post by Gotti »

The Punch, Tuesday January 6, 2004
U-23: Ikhana rejects NFA offer ... says - I won’t accept Abdullahi’s job
Adeolu Johnson

Former Super Eagles international and victorious Enyimba Coach, Mr. Kadiri Ikhana, has rejected the move by the Nigeria Football Association to name him as replacement for sacked national Under-23 Coach, Mr. Abdullahi Musa.

Ikhana told the British Broadcasting Corporation Fast Track programme that he would not take the job if offered to him.

“The fact is that someone started with the team and it will be pretty difficult for another person to take over at this stage,” he explained.

Ikhana was seconded to the team by the NFA after the team played a scandalous 1-1 draw with their Tunisian counterparts in Bauchi a fortnight ago.

His efforts as an adviser in the team’s 4-3 loss to Senegal in Dakar last Saturday was not enough as Abdulahi got the boot from the soccer authorities.

Nigeria are now third in the group with four points behind Senegal and Tunisia and risk losing the ticket for the next Olympic soccer event in Athens, Greece in July.

Abdulahi has served the national teams in such capacities as the Under-17, Under-20, the Under-23 and the Super Eagles.

His last appointment was with the Flying Eagles which failed to secure a ticket to the FIFA World Youth Soccer Championship in Dubai, but was surprisingly named again as the Under-23 team coach.

The rejection of the offer by Ikhana will definitely see the NFA naming another coach at its board meeting slated for this weekend in Owerri.
Upbendel
Egg
Egg
Re: SOLOWE: IKHANA REPORTEDLY REJECTS U-23 JOB

Post by Upbendel »

Gotti wrote:
The Punch, Tuesday January 6, 2004
U-23: Ikhana rejects NFA offer ... says - I won’t accept Abdullahi’s job
Adeolu Johnson

Former Super Eagles international and victorious Enyimba Coach, Mr. Kadiri Ikhana, has rejected the move by the Nigeria Football Association to name him as replacement for sacked national Under-23 Coach, Mr. Abdullahi Musa.

Ikhana told the British Broadcasting Corporation Fast Track programme that he would not take the job if offered to him.

“The fact is that someone started with the team and it will be pretty difficult for another person to take over at this stage,” he explained.

Ikhana was seconded to the team by the NFA after the team played a scandalous 1-1 draw with their Tunisian counterparts in Bauchi a fortnight ago.

His efforts as an adviser in the team’s 4-3 loss to Senegal in Dakar last Saturday was not enough as Abdulahi got the boot from the soccer authorities.

Nigeria are now third in the group with four points behind Senegal and Tunisia and risk losing the ticket for the next Olympic soccer event in Athens, Greece in July.

Abdulahi has served the national teams in such capacities as the Under-17, Under-20, the Under-23 and the Super Eagles.

His last appointment was with the Flying Eagles which failed to secure a ticket to the FIFA World Youth Soccer Championship in Dubai, but was surprisingly named again as the Under-23 team coach.

The rejection of the offer by Ikhana will definitely see the NFA naming another coach at its board meeting slated for this weekend in Owerri.
Nonsense. Change is neccessary at this stage.
"God will give us the victory, but we must be willing to fight"!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Where is TXJ? Is Ikhana's action not unpatriotic?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Try to think from the head :D
I know its hard but pls. try....

balo wrote:Where is TXJ? Is Ikhana's action not unpatriotic?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Do you ever sleep, bro?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

balo wrote:Do you ever sleep, bro?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

txj wrote:Try to think from the head :D
I know its hard but pls. try....

balo wrote:Where is TXJ? Is Ikhana's action not unpatriotic?
TXJ, I was just trying to get you roused up.
But seriously, both Martins and Ikhana have done the same thing. And that is rejecting Naija when needed. You could argue that Ikhana has not been officially asked, but we all know he saw it coming and he, reportedly, has declined the call to help his "fatherland".

And just like Martins, he is not blinded by calls and pressure to dip himself in what he was not ready for. Are you prepared to give Martins some kudos for been truthful to himself?

ayohoff
Egg
Egg

Post by ayohoff »

far from the truth,Ikhana did not reject Nija,he saw what the system did to the likes of Abdulahi and Amodu and acted accordingly.You don't need to make a fool of Yourself like Onigbinde and Amu did at the last world cup :roll:
great goal!
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

I will not be surprised if Thief Oni is already campaigning for this job
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Gotti,

Well good for him, however, Ikhana is a man with a lot of choices right now so the U-23 job may devalue his marketability if he accepts it and does not do well. He has everything to lose and very little to gain if he takes the job.

I dont believe he is turning down the job for any altruistic reasons, however.

If i were him i would grab the reported South African or Dubai offer with both hands. Those offers may never come his way again. He needs to strike while the iron is hot.

As for my backstabbing assertion, I already said i dont beleive any of those coaches are backstbers.

Also, i think we should wait to see what the other papers are reporting. you never know with this Naija dailies