Etim Esin warns NFA on Olympic qualifiers, berates Aiyenugba

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
Etim Esin warns NFA on Olympic qualifiers, berates Aiyenugba

Post by VINDAVE »

Esin warns NFA on Olympic qualifiers
By Peter Demeyin

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/sports

FORMER Super Eagles playmaker, Etim Esin has advised the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) to sit up or risk the country being bundled out of the football event of the summer Olympics to be held in Athens, Greece. He made the remark in the wake of the nation's U-23 3-4 loss to its Senegalese counterpart at the weekend.

The former Ghent FC of Belgium striker and a member of the Flying Eagles squad that won the 1987 Tessema Cup, Esin, expressed disappointment that the nation U-23 team lost the match in Dakar. He warned that the soccer house has to sit up and plan effectively for the country to book its third consecutive Olympics Games football ticket.

"It is very dicey for us now because our chances are no longer dependent on our performance. Everything is now tied down to Senegal that is leading the group. For now we must win our remaining three matches, if we want to qualify, and pray that Senegal falters in its own matches. So we are in a tight corner now," he lamented.

Nevertheless the Oron-born star believes that with proper planning, the national U-23 team can still win its three remaining matches. He emphasised that the soccer house must inform foreign-based professionals before inviting them. He Stated that most players invited against Senegal didn't honour the match. Again he wants the technical crew to shop for good goal keeper and central defender before its subsequent outings.

According to him, "since Nigeria could not take advantage of a 3-2 lead against Senegal that presupposed that the defence line was not that good." He also argued that "the team needs another keeper, stressing that the present keeper Dele Aiyenugba does not even command a regular shirt with his team Enyimba."
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Etim Esin cheii this guy was the best during his days...

Vindave, where is he and what is he doing this days?
Soldier of Fortune...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

MI5 wrote:Etim Esin cheii this guy was the best during his days...

Vindave, where is he and what is he doing this days?
M15, I will find out, I know that he was planning to go to the State sometime ago. Perhaps is in the country right now.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Vindave,

Thanks and wow nice to see he is doing okay and kaii one of the best players Naija ever had... He was to much... Good analysis on his part. But as Baba don give NFA warning the heat is on NFA now...

Infact looking back it was good we lost to Senegal, this will now prompt everyone at the glass house, sports ministry for the first time to do some work. :mrgreen:
Soldier of Fortune...
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Vindave,
na wetin etim esin dey do now...since they cut am loose for football??
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

He dey smoke some ting, dey drink some ting :roll: :roll:
Ofoje2
Egg
Egg

Post by Ofoje2 »

Macking honeys for fun :mrgreen:
Enugu Rangers Supporters Club
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Etim is still smoking and drinking something.
The last time i heard he was making a living out of begging Super Eagles players for money whenever they come into town.
I also hear he runs a drinking joint in LAgos.
Like i said its all hear say, except the one about him begging super eagles players for money
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Wow i thought he was married? Is he still chasing those omo's for Lagos? :lol:

Good luck to him in whatever he does....
Soldier of Fortune...
azuka

Post by azuka »

BTW, Vindave, was the match shown in Naija? If yes, do you have a copy of it?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ikwerreman wrote:Etim is still smoking and drinking something.
The last time i heard he was making a living out of begging Super Eagles players for money whenever they come into town.
I also hear he runs a drinking joint in LAgos.
Like i said its all hear say, except the one about him begging super eagles players for money
Ikwerreman how that wan no be hearsay? I guess dat wan na "Seesay" you see am, you tok am...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!