Forgive me, Shorunmu begs Nigerians

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

yes same old excuse all the time-he abandoned his club for the country-well we all know the NFA are a hopeless bunch of tossers-most of our so called young players are past it anyway for anyone who cares to listen and whoever thinks Martins is a young 18yr old is living in cuckoo land-his game is too mature for someone that age-id say he is about 25-why is it that all our so called top payers careers end when they are 27-29 with career threatening injuries????
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

realtrouble wrote:
How can you call him selfish, didn't he sacrifice his career with Besiktas for Nigeria
You can look at it that way. You can also say by him being away with nigeria afforded him a stage to impress various scout hence a possiblity of getting a bigger contract. Its a case of a glass of water being half empty or half full.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Ike My brother, After everything you have done for our beloved country (I will never ever forget your heroic performance against Argentina.) You dont need any forgiveness from anyone.

Much love and good luck in the future.

A fan of yours forever....
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:To me Shoronmu is sounding a bit 2 selfish, so because he had scouts 2 watch him against England then the young careers of our young goalies should be jeopardised eh!!!1 If not 4 dat match enyeama won't have come into limelight, Ike had notjing else to proove, he had good games against arg. and sweeden, what else doe he wanna proove?? I wish CCC could have Oni's balls, can't believe cos of selfish interest, he wanted 2 call the game play.
Uzoma:

God bless you dia one taim! How can someone even have the guts to publicly proclaim that he should have been fielded in the NATIONAL TEAM in order do impress scouts? If he had any legitimate grouse, this particular arguement destroys his whole case. Nonsense! some of these players think the SE is their own property. I dont know why he is yarning nonsense, considering the fact that the young Enyeama more than acquitted himself. In fact, I dont know why he's been called from retirement. Didnt his 2 blunders cause us 2 costly goals at the WC (I admit, he was a great shot-stopper)?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
yomiabudu
Egg
Egg

Post by yomiabudu »

forget ike,we have another keeper coming as that guy said
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Real Trouble 4 Ike Calling Pa Oni a wicked man caused he refused his offer, that's pure stupidity therefore he was selfish.
I respect Ike a lot, infact he's ma overall bes SE keeper, and i think his retirement is a good decision, but to attribute it to Pa Oni's action is just bluntly stupid.
Peter Obi For President 2023
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

I have always liked Shorunmu. Not only for his play on
the pitch but also for the way he responded to
National call-ups at the expense of his place on
his teams in Turkey. This is a player I have always
respected.

However, I'm not sure about his accusations re:
vindictiveness. Onigbinde made wholesale changes
for the match against England. About 5 or 6
new players were brought in for that match
including Obiorah, Opabunmi and Enyeama.
Onigbinde's choice of Enyeama was vindicated
by the scoreless draw - before Ayo brings out his
10-pt plan of Enyeama's shortcomings, I'm not
saying Enyeama is the finished product or the
SE saviour. However, on that day in the Far
East, he maintained a clean sheet and made
one particular save that will be etched in our
minds forever.

It would be better for Shorunmu to maintain
his silence and bide his time than maintain
some sort of grudge.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

You dey talk about Enyeama's saves, how about his flapping in the wind at about five or six crosses that came his way...Hell, even that ugly black girl that mans the nets for the US female team could have done better than that...Abeg, make una make man hear word....

Shorunmu is the man, he has given Nigeria his best and it is good that he and Martins are refusing to honor the national call and maybe that may spur the NFA to start putting its house in order
Last edited by anikulapo on Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Ike Shorunmu served Nigeria well and bowed out at the right time.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:Ike Shorunmu served Nigeria well and bowed out at the right time.
Very well said.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

anikulapo,

Enyeama has a lot of work to do on crosses and set pieces.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:anikulapo,

Enyeama has a lot of work to do on crosses and set pieces.

hehehehehe....You actually think so, larry?
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

The pipul calling Onigbinde a tribalist will come and tell us why he dropped Ike for Enyeama in the last Game.
Could it be he was trying to expose the new breed of Naija Goalies to WC action early enough . Or was it that Enyeama was yoruba ?

BTW , Onigbinde is the worst thingy that has happened to our football in a long time. The man was clueless . That WC was ours for the taking.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

BTW , Onigbinde is the worst thingy that has happened to our football in a long time. The man was clueless . That WC was ours for the taking.,.....

Ol boy, did this statement come from too much crack or kai kai..."The WC was ours for the taking".....Now I have heard everything....

Drugs, delusions of grandeur or flights of fantasy....Na one of them be ya problem Bobo Lagos :P :P :P
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

anikulapo wrote:BTW , Onigbinde is the worst thingy that has happened to our football in a long time. The man was clueless . That WC was ours for the taking.,.....

Ol boy, did this statement come from too much crack or kai kai..."The WC was ours for the taking".....Now I have heard everything....

Drugs, delusions of grandeur or flights of fantasy....Na one of them be ya problem Bobo Lagos :P :P :P
Ol Boy u get your opinion , I get mine. That last world cup in Japan was the easiest competition in along time. Senegal , Japan , South Korea , Turkey in Quaterfinals Finals . Make I hear word. Even North Korea and Singapore nearly reach the Semi Finals. :shock:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wait ohhhhhh, you still dey yarn.....Abeg make una help me ohhhhh....Lagos don overdose on anti-psychotic drugs....Make you stop quick-quick before I start new thread on you...Wetin you dey shack sef :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.