Tunisia could be worst eagles' worst ANC performance

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

esosa
Egg
Egg
Tunisia could be worst eagles' worst ANC performance

Post by esosa »

For a while, i have been a silent member of this forum watching the comments of fellow members. I have observed really strange analyses of Nigerian soccer. I hear some say that nigeria will win the cup and i wonder what the basis for such a strong delusion comes from. How on earth could we possibly win the nations cup. Most of our players are not even in camp yet. It baffles me why some think we could be incompetent and still win the ANC. Could it be that we still look down on African nations? Probably so. Other African teams are rising fast and preparing intensely. To top it up, the eagles player selection process is almost the opposite of merit and more of nostalgia. How does one make sense of Kanu's presence in that team. Should he even be a subject of discussion. I do feel sorry for him though. Also how does one explain the absence of Wilson Oruma who is actually fighting for Kanu's supporting striker position. Anyway, its nigeria, nothing needs to make sense. It is on this premise that i believe that this Anc could be nigeria worst in recent history.[/b]
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

what 1st round exit? loose to morocco and SA then draw with benin with a last gasp effort 1-1? :mrgreen:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tunisia could be worst eagles' worst ANC performance

Post by Babalawo »

esosa wrote:For a while, i have been a silent member of this forum watching the comments of fellow members. I have observed really strange analyses of Nigerian soccer. I hear some say that nigeria will win the cup and i wonder what the basis for such a strong delusion comes from. How on earth could we possibly win the nations cup. Most of our players are not even in camp yet. It baffles me why some think we could be incompetent and still win the ANC. Could it be that we still look down on African nations? Probably so. Other African teams are rising fast and preparing intensely. To top it up, the eagles player selection process is almost the opposite of merit and more of nostalgia. How does one make sense of Kanu's presence in that team. Should he even be a subject of discussion. I do feel sorry for him though. Also how does one explain the absence of Wilson Oruma who is actually fighting for Kanu's supporting striker position. Anyway, its nigeria, nothing needs to make sense. It is on this premise that i believe that this Anc could be nigeria worst in recent history.[/b]
True talk man, but big lie on Kanu's part, how can u compare Oruma n Kanu??? Didnt u watch Oruma vs Ireland pre-wc2002?? he really messed up. No matter what we say Kanu is still the Man, Let me ask, did u watch Kanu's game against Malawi in Abuja last year??
I don't believe in spelling doom for my Darling team, me 4 one believe that we would win the damn thing, i always think positive and don't scare ma self with lil crap. Is loosing a big crime?? why do we take winning everything as a do or die affair?.

Up supa eagus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a dream..
Peter Obi For President 2023
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Esosa,

Welcome to the forbidden sites of all sites... :wink: and you are a good observer of all the rantings and postings here. Good points and well said. I believe just like in the NFA and some friends of the NFA, CCC, Sports ministry in here feel some how manna will fall from the sky and deliver the cup to us, everyone is going by the illusion that with our half star studded SE lineup will cakewalk itself all the way to the finals and bring the cup back.. hmm me sef i dey wonder which road we go take? I don't expect much from us because i believe the laws of nature will catch up with us this time around. But there are many factors to it and that could change the outcome or course of the game depending on how we respond to adversity very early or late in the game, our team shape and composure on and off the field and things that could make or break a team like SE due to our shambolic preparations for this ANC is very crucial, will there be leadership on and off the field? If things don't start going well does CCC have the personality to make changes if necessary? Will Eguavoen a veteran of past ANC's himself play a crucial role as a former player when things don't start going according to plan? plus many more

E2, Highligted some factors that the coaching staff will have to overcome on one of the threads here and if they can pull it off then an angel must have been with them throughout the ANC.

In Mali 2002 last year our second game against Mali was an eye opener where the Malians wanted to eat us alive in that game 0-0 but thank God we came out of that match with no loss, i see the same thing happening again this time around with teams now instead of waiting for us to come after them, they are coming after us very quickly knowing we don't settle down very quickly when the match starts. We could all of a sudden pick up the right form and start playing well or make one or two passes together and everything goes wrong.

Our first match against Morocco will decide it all if we are really ready to play or not, that game will decide how far we will go in the competition and if we can beat a very young energetic Moroccan team. If the SE wins the team will be full of confidence, momentum and spirit to win the next game but if we lose since we don't know how to handle success, i would like to see how we handle failures and adversity.. Time will tell...

South Africa and Benin are also waiting to see how we play which will decide how they play us also.... Cheii everybody wan beat us dis time ohh....
Last edited by MI5 on Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

hhmmm, esosa and M15 I feel y'all....keepeth expresseth your feelings...naija go rise again o but when I no know!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
Upbendel
Egg
Egg

Post by Upbendel »

esosa wrote:For a while, i have been a silent member of this forum watching the comments of fellow members. I have observed really strange analyses of Nigerian soccer. I hear some say that nigeria will win the cup and i wonder what the basis for such a strong delusion comes from. How on earth could we possibly win the nations cup. Most of our players are not even in camp yet. It baffles me why some think we could be incompetent and still win the ANC. Could it be that we still look down on African nations? Probably so. Other African teams are rising fast and preparing intensely. To top it up, the eagles player selection process is almost the opposite of merit and more of nostalgia. How does one make sense of Kanu's presence in that team. Should he even be a subject of discussion. I do feel sorry for him though. Also how does one explain the absence of Wilson Oruma who is actually fighting for Kanu's supporting striker position. Anyway, its nigeria, nothing needs to make sense. It is on this premise that i believe that this Anc could be nigeria worst in recent history.[/b]
Too bad some people still don't get it. How can you compare Kanu and Oruma on the same page? My advice, continue to be a silent member.
"God will give us the victory, but we must be willing to fight"!
Upbendel
Egg
Egg

Post by Upbendel »

Too bad some people still don't get it. How can you compare Kanu and Oruma on the same page? My advice, continue to be a silent member.
"God will give us the victory, but we must be willing to fight"!
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

don't be so negative.We might not deserve it but in match winners like okocha, kanu , taribo and agahowa , we are more than capable of taking home the nation's cup.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:
True talk man, but big lie on Kanu's part, how can u compare Oruma n Kanu??? Didnt u watch Oruma vs Ireland pre-wc2002?? he really messed up. No matter what we say Kanu is still the Man, Let me ask, did u watch Kanu's game against Malawi in Abuja last year??
I don't believe in spelling doom for my Darling team, me 4 one believe that we would win the damn thing, i always think positive and don't scare ma self with lil crap. Is loosing a big crime?? why do we take winning everything as a do or die affair?.

Up supa eagus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a dream..

well one thing for sure is that oruma has been playing well recently and Kanu has been doing the same. Players shouldnt be picked because of past performances. if it were so many players wouldnt shine on the international level. its on present form and on that both of them deserve to be called up.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

I still stand my grounds that Nigeria will at least get to the semi finals of the NAtions Cip, only if we dont meet Senegall or Cameroon along the way.
The South Africans, Moroccans and Beninoise will be crushed, not because we have a good team or good coach, but because we have players who will intimidate their opponents with their pedigree once they step ontothe pitch.
Right nowin African footie, only Senegal and Cameroon can match Nigeria player for player.
And of course when the cup gets tothe semi final stage, individual skills take a back seat for cohesion, tactics and techniques, but lets see how it goes.
And of course Kanu will surprise all of us by his performance at the ANC
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

IKman,

Haba a sports journalist like you no dey suppose to dey talk like this na... but me i am waiting for the ANC to start sef, it's taking to long and i am tired of posting and posting of how we go play.... :D
Soldier of Fortune...