Chris Ohenhen for trials at Bristol City

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Chris Ohenhen for trials at Bristol City

Post by AreaDaddy »

From Ananova.com

=======
Bristol City trial for Nigeria international

Bristol City have handed a trial to Nigeria international striker Chris Ohenhen.

The 32-year-old will spend the week training with the Robins.

Ohenhen is a now free agent having spent most of his career playing for Spanish side Compostela.

He also enjoyed a spell in Turkey with Besiktas.

Danny Wilson told City's official website: "Chris has been recommended to us and we shall we having a close look at him this week.

"He began his spell in Spain with Real Madrid and has spent most of the last 15 years there.

"His most recent club was Leganes but he has finished there now and is available if we decide he is what we want."

Story filed: 10:58 Tuesday 6th January 2004
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Ohenhen still dey play? na wa ooo. i wish him luck
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

ohenhen isn't really 32...is he? I'd say he's about 38 by now.
Last edited by old_obsession on Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Ohenhen for ANC 2004, get him a ticket to Faro now.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
fatty
Egg
Egg

Post by fatty »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Ohenhen for ANC 2004, get him a ticket to Faro now.

He must be invited now if he is still playing, a solution to our left flank. Not too old at 32, is he?????? I know he will quickly dash to Faro.
From green to super, eagles are soaring to Golden.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

oluwaseye the 1st., fatty, you're joking right?
Ofoje2
Egg
Egg

Post by Ofoje2 »

Ohehen, the man that invented the snake kick........ surely, he must be like 40 right about now.
Enugu Rangers Supporters Club
mufu baba iyabo
Egg
Egg
Location: Never mind what u've left behind,keep in mind what u're yet to find"

Post by mufu baba iyabo »

Nigerians :shock: go kill man pickin for this site. Ohenhen what? :evil: I thought HENman don become football playa!!!! :P :P
"Heineken refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach". "Nos nihil effisere non possimus"- "To us Nothing is impossible"
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Kai! This guy career was ruined by injuries. What a player he could have become if only he had the luck.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

But was he actually ever a full Nigerian International. I dont recall him ever playing for the senior team. Please correct me if I am wrong.
To stop trying is to start dying
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

he did play a game for nigeria against Guinea and scored
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Shownoja wrote:But was he actually ever a full Nigerian International. I dont recall him ever playing for the senior team. Please correct me if I am wrong.
He came on for the Eagles in the second half of the last qualifying game for France ' 98 played against Kenya in Lagos.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Shownoja wrote:But was he actually ever a full Nigerian International. I dont recall him ever playing for the senior team. Please correct me if I am wrong.
He did but did have plenty playing time... remember the game against Kenya abi Guine self where he laid a sweet Pass for Wilson Oruma first Super Eagles goal in Lagos. That was in a World Cup qualifier prio to France 1998. I think I am correct.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

chief nfachairman wrote:he did play a game for nigeria against Guinea and scored
NFA:
I don't ever recall him playing against Guinea (or scoring). In fact, for a long time Chris routinely rejected call-ups to the national team. In retrospective, maybe a respectable number of caps would have helped his resume.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Thank you Gotti,

The sins of Ohenhen have finally caught up with him.
Gotti wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:he did play a game for nigeria against Guinea and scored
NFA:
I don't ever recall him playing against Guinea (or scoring). In fact, for a long time Chris routinely rejected call-ups to the national team. In retrospective, maybe a respectable number of caps would have helped his resume.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti wrote:
NFA:
I thought his injury was at a SE call up and he was let down because the NFA Officials did not cover him insurance wise, hence his refusal to show up again. I am not too sure of this one, so I stand corrected.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

They should let him take a few free kicks! If he is still any good at them they will sign him straight away!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

I recall that terrific free kick against Saudi Arabia at the U21 tourney, wao the bulala just go through from a free kick outside 18 yard box :twisted: :twisted:
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

No be him score free-kick against Russia in that famous 4-4 from 0-4 down?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Ofoje2 wrote:Ohehen, the man that invented the snake kick........ surely, he must be like 40 right about now.
What's a snake kick?