Supreme Ignorance

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ikwerreman
Egg
Egg
Supreme Ignorance

Post by ikwerreman »

i got this off NEWAGEONLINE. RUBBISH!!!!

http://www.newage-online.com/sports/article06

NFA dispatch letters to Yusuf, Usieta in Greece
••• Foreign-based stars shun camp
••• 26 Falcons in Ibadan
By Andrew Abah in Abuja
The Nigeria Football Association (NFA) on Monday in Abuja, dispatched letters of invitation to the Super Falcons to Olaitan Yusuf and Glory Usieta in their respective clubs in Greece, ahead of the country’s Athens 2004 Olympic Games qualification game against Ghana’s Black Queens on January 30 in Ibadan.

NewAgeSports scooped in Abuja on Monday that the delay in sending the letters of invitation to the players had to with the fact that the association did not have any records of their new clubs in Greece.

Curiously, none of the six foreign-based players invited to the Falcons’ camp in Ibadan has been spotted in training fuelling speculations that perhaps NFA may have sent their letters of invitation to their old clubs since most of them are said to have secured new contracts with more buoyant foreign teams.

However, 26 players are already sweating it out in the Falcons camp in Ibadan with the prominent players being Effionwan Ekpo, Yinka Kudaisi, Ahmed Juma and Ifeanyi Chijine.

Ghana is the only country that the Nigerian girls need to eliminate in a two-legged tie to qualify to participate in the female football event at the Athens 2004 Olympic Games.

Interestingly, both countries qualified for the female World Cup held in the United States of America (USA) last year. But only one of the two countries would participate at the Athens Olympic Games next year.

First things first i think the writer of this story is smoking that thing we warned most of you here to stay away from.
I'll take it from the top.
Olaitan Yusuf is not even playing football right now.
She left for the United States last month on schorlarship to Georgia State University, so only Andrew Abah and his own NFA know where they wil send the letter to in Greece.
That name is Ajuma Ameh and not that rubbish they spelled.
Besides, Ifeanyi Chiejine is still in Lagos and I guess Andrew Abah knows the person he spotted in training.
Before you guys slaughter Nigerian journalists, i want you to know that it is not about nigerian journalists but about a few lazy ones who will not investigate before coming out with thrash for the public to read.

Then who told him that the game against Ghana is the last one to get a qualifier?
South Africa plays Angola in the other match and the winner will play the winner of the Nigeria/Ghana Game?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Thanks for the info my bro.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.