If Oga Okocha and Yobo should get injuries what will happen?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fatty
Egg
Egg
If Oga Okocha and Yobo should get injuries what will happen?

Post by fatty »

If Oga Okocha and Yobo should get injuries at their respective clubs in their last matches, what should happens to Eagles line up in Tunisia?
I think about this as nobody has ever metioned the possibility of any of the two or both not making the ANC team to Tunisia.
From green to super, eagles are soaring to Golden.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Our own don end....j/k I think we can adequately replace them..we would certainly miss them..but we can now play 4-4-2 without a leaking midfield

--------------------------------------------goalie

abbey------------------------okoronkwo-------Ribo---------------------cele

-------------------------------Olofijana----------------Obodo----------

---Kalu---------------------------------------------------------------------------Ekueme

------------------------------Aiyegbeni --------------Jag

This team is still formidable
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

if okoronkwo is not fit...then enakhire /orjinta will step in.....we have depth
Akingbade
Egg
Egg

Post by Akingbade »

In Okocha's absence,Kanu should slot in as playmaker.He creates more chances than Okocha on a good day anyway!We'll have to bank on Taribo and a half fit Okoronkwo in the centre as well as an inexperienced Abbey plus a rash and impatient Udeze or an Erratic Cele in defence. In the midfield,Obodo and Olofinjana can still hold forte with Kanu and Kalu in front of them while JAG and Aiyegbeni/Agali/Utaka crush the opposition.We are likely to remain formidable:Until we meet Cameroun,Senegaland Mali! :(
Don't throw stones if u live in a glass house and kindly use the pre-frontal lobe of your brain more often; scientists call it the seat of good manners...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

With over 50-60 players in camp in fact we should look like the Chelsea of the ANC with at least two teams and half on the bench...
Soldier of Fortune...
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Akingbade wrote:In Okocha's absence,Kanu should slot in as playmaker.He creates more chances than Okocha on a good day anyway!
Really?? :o
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Fatty, I like your thread- while I'm not from the school of soccer formations, Kalu might slot in well for JJ...and I think, by now, Ribo must have coached our young, Up and coming defenders, the art of defending (and as a unit), and we could just be fine with one of them.....this is one positive of having the camp in Faro (and with a depleted squad).

I can bet you that Orjinta, Enakhire, Abbey are not the same defenders they were a couple of weeks ago.

I must reiterate though, that, It's always the rude awakening, each time I see Aiyegbeni and Utaka's names in the starting line-up / formations.

I trust the coaching crew know what they are doing, cos those those two pretenders will expedite our downfall.
You are Your Own Dog
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

ugly boy wrote:if okoronkwo is not fit...then enakhire /orjinta will step in.....we have depth
.....Romanus Orjinta does not represent "depth"! I don't understand why Afolabi was not called up. We'd have more depth if we had cover in the form of Afolabi and Okoronkwo. Enakharire should start....due to Okoronkwo's lack of match fitness (aka hasn't played a competitive game in months).
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

I don not really like this thinking at all, I MEAN FOR GOD SAKE Why Okocha and why Yobo. Pls. think of other players who we can easily drop.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Pretty Boy, Osaze would be a better fill in for Okocha...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wiseone, Romanus Orjinta is pretty decent. I think he should be in the squad for his recent performances, Am an advocate for good reward after a great performance, remember he is a doulble champion, league and champs league title, which no current SE player could claim, ( within African shores)except Eyeyamaya. And i didnt say he should start , he could be a squad player, just like kanu at arsenal
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

Akingbade wrote:In Okocha's absence,Kanu should slot in as playmaker.He creates more chances than Okocha on a good day anyway!We'll have to bank on Taribo and a half fit Okoronkwo in the centre as well as an inexperienced Abbey plus a rash and impatient Udeze or an Erratic Cele in defence. In the midfield,Obodo and Olofinjana can still hold forte with Kanu and Kalu in front of them while JAG and Aiyegbeni/Agali/Utaka crush the opposition.We are likely to remain formidable:Until we meet Cameroun,Senegaland Mali! :(
But remember that Kanu might not last a good 90minutes and might be found wanting when it comes to defending.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Baii wrote:
Akingbade wrote:In Okocha's absence,Kanu should slot in as playmaker.He creates more chances than Okocha on a good day anyway!We'll have to bank on Taribo and a half fit Okoronkwo in the centre as well as an inexperienced Abbey plus a rash and impatient Udeze or an Erratic Cele in defence. In the midfield,Obodo and Olofinjana can still hold forte with Kanu and Kalu in front of them while JAG and Aiyegbeni/Agali/Utaka crush the opposition.We are likely to remain formidable:Until we meet Cameroun,Senegaland Mali! :(
But remember that Kanu might not last a good 90minutes and might be found wanting when it comes to defending.

Baii, isnt this a myth.
You are Your Own Dog
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Cellular wrote:Pretty Boy, Osaze would be a better fill in for Okocha...
Obodo is great moving forward as well as defensively..I don't know much about osaze's defensive capabilities..thats why I picked obodo
mikirol
Egg
Egg

Post by mikirol »

Why is Afolabi not in the team, but when the Nfa first realease the list of the 41 players he was among them. Afolabi have been in a pretty form for his Austria club and he always make us proud eche time we went to watch him, i think he deserve to be in camp
Watch Your Mouth Bad Boy
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

It would be fatal but life goes on.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

This is one thing I won't want to think about, But where there is A problem,

is always A solution.
who no know go know.
leftee