DAMN SEVEN CLUBS INTERESTED IN ODEMWINGIE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:Ay,

Martins has come through the ranks and Taribo was pretty established before he head off to the San Siro.

My view is that Osas is not a finished product and still needs a few more seasons before he gets thrown into the deep end. In Italy I don't think he will be given time to find his feet, unless he is going to join the junior ranks or be loaned out by a club to play in Seria B or C.

In Holland he will have the chance to learn, develop and establish himself all at the same time.

Cheers
Osaze has done his apprenticeship at La Louivre. I notice you do not mention Kaka and Crespo, who went straight into first teams at a very tender age. They were even younger than Osaze.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ay

What I have expressed are just my views, I don't hold them to be right or wrong.

I don't think Osas time at La Louive has equiped him in any shape or form for the rigourous Italian league.

The boy is a baller no doubt but we must be careful that we don't heap too much on his shoulders too early.

Cheers
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:Ay

What I have expressed are just my views, I don't hold them to be right or wrong.

I don't think Osas time at La Louive has equiped him in any shape or form for the rigourous Italian league.

The boy is a baller no doubt but we must be careful that we don't heap too much on his shoulders too early.

Cheers
I do not see the problem. If you are good enough, you are old enough. Did Chris Obodo not go straight to Perugia from Plateau United?
Frenchie
Egg
Egg

Post by Frenchie »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:The challenge for Osaze is to see if he can develop himself into a Kaka type of playmaker. If he can do that, he is the ideal replacement for JJ, playing behind the two strikers.

Imagine Osaze, Martins and Utaka all firing salvos. Obviously, we are talking about an era when the team has a proper technical crew that will know how to harness all this talent.
Osaze can never be like Kaka 1st he ain't got the velocity for that 2nd I doubt he has Kaka's vista.
FRENCHIE FOR PRESIDEnT IN 2007
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Frenchie wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:The challenge for Osaze is to see if he can develop himself into a Kaka type of playmaker. If he can do that, he is the ideal replacement for JJ, playing behind the two strikers.

Imagine Osaze, Martins and Utaka all firing salvos. Obviously, we are talking about an era when the team has a proper technical crew that will know how to harness all this talent.
Osaze can never be like Kaka 1st he ain't got the velocity for that 2nd I doubt he has Kaka's vista.
Let us see. If you were told in 1999, that Jooseph Yobo would ever be as good as Taribo West, you would have told whoever mentioned it he was mad. As you can see, a lot of our players have hidden abilities that come to the fore with proper training.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Btw with the offers flooding Osas way, any news on Abbey George?

With Macclesfield relegation bound to the Conference, this is another brother who deserves a lucky break.

He may not be a world beater or have the flair associated with most of our players but like Lauren at Arsenal, he has a good workman like ethic to his game.

Cheers
Frenchie
Egg
Egg

Post by Frenchie »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Ayo wetin you don chop? These are two different types of players. Abeg nor compare chalk with cheese.
Do you know that when JJ was asked who he thinks will be Nigeria's newplaymaker in 2002 when he wanted to retire from international football, he said either Osaze or Obiorah. If a coach like Ancelloti gets hold of Osaze, he will turn him into a new Kaka.

Mr Shows, we can argue about Serie A till kingdom come but the facts remains that certain players have gone there as youngsters and shone like a thousand stars. As you name the failures, na so me too go name the success stories:

Kaka
Crespo
Martins
Batistuta
Taribo
Kaka didn't wait for no Ancellotti to be what he is. Even Ronaldo said that Kaka is not playin better now than 1yr ago, He just came to the light. So please your argument is leading nowhere. 2nd we haven't even seen him play a playmaker role so why should we compare him to a midfield.

For now he is just an average forward who clang 2 in an ANC clash Vs SA. Nothig very impressive...
FRENCHIE FOR PRESIDEnT IN 2007
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Frenchie, this just shows how little you know about Osaze. At his club, he plays on the right side of midfield and for Bendel Insurance he was a playmaker. He always operated as a playmaker prior to Tunisia 2004 and was originally in the squad as cover for JJ.

Osaze has never been a striker and was only drafted into that role against South Africa, Cameroon and Tunisia because the squad was depleted!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Frenchie wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Ayo wetin you don chop? These are two different types of players. Abeg nor compare chalk with cheese.
Do you know that when JJ was asked who he thinks will be Nigeria's newplaymaker in 2002 when he wanted to retire from international football, he said either Osaze or Obiorah. If a coach like Ancelloti gets hold of Osaze, he will turn him into a new Kaka.

Mr Shows, we can argue about Serie A till kingdom come but the facts remains that certain players have gone there as youngsters and shone like a thousand stars. As you name the failures, na so me too go name the success stories:

Kaka
Crespo
Martins
Batistuta
Taribo
Kaka didn't wait for no Ancellotti to be what he is. Even Ronaldo said that Kaka is not playin better now than 1yr ago, He just came to the light. So please your argument is leading nowhere. 2nd we haven't even seen him play a playmaker role so why should we compare him to a midfield.

For now he is just an average forward who clang 2 in an ANC clash Vs SA. Nothig very impressive...
Ayo, you dey follow Brazillian football. If you did you will not be surprised at what Kaka is doing at Milan. Also, you for know say I don talk about this kid way before the last WC for here.

Kaka has been playing at Sao Paolo senior team since he was 16, by the time he got to Milan, he has already won a league title and Copa Liberatodores. He has expierence way beyond his years.

The same applies to future Brazillian talents like Gil, Robhino, Diego, Alex etc. Wtach the Brazillina league, one thing that hits you is how young most of the players are and for their ages, you will be impressed at their technical know and overall football knowledge. Why? They have a system, which has coaches and facilities to take care of their football.

Kaka has benefited from a solid football education and has come through a system designed to make potential blossom. Yes! Kaka is an outstanding talent and his achievements in Milan are rare for one so young but I do not care how talented you are if your talent is not cared for and developed you get nowhere.

Osaze on the other hand has no such luck, we saw him play for Naija against Kenya before the last WC, (like Kaka, Osaze went to the WC, so both countries had a coach who had foresight and included the kids for experience) we saw a rough diamond, who played to the gallery whilst ignoring team responsibilities. Fortunately he has left Nigeria and has found better coaching and facilities in Belgium, he has also worked hard at being a better player and we can all see the benefits. If Osaze had what Kaka had, I am convinced he will be playing for a big club like Kaka is today.

The sad fact is, unlike the Brazillians, Argentinians etc. these countries are not relying on Foreign clubs to develope their players, they are doing the development at the most critical stage i.e. when they are young themselves. This is invaluable, I know this because as you well know, I am fortunate enough to have some access to the Arsenal youth set up via a coach friend of mine. Youth Systems and Academys are the Primary, Secondary and University of Football. When you graduate to the first team, you are now in the professional stage. It is like an Accountant doing his Articles.

So Ayo, I am not dounting Osaze's talent, I wanted to point out two things, Osaze is not yet at Kaka's level (no fault of his) and Kaka plays from deep Central Midfield and has done so all his career. Osaze on the other hand as played on the Right Wing and as a number 10 for Insurance and his club in Belgium. It must be noted that he has been played as an out and out striker too in Belgium.

You watch Channel 5 last night. First I watch Dutch league then Argentinian. Watch the league in Argentina, you will be impressed. I am often left wondering, why can we not do the same back home? Argentina nor get money, they recently defaulted on the IMF loans, but they have a league which is professional and damn good with solid play and top notch coaches.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Do you know that when JJ was asked who he thinks will be Nigeria's newplaymaker in 2002 when he wanted to retire from international football, he said either Osaze or Obiorah.
Ayo, This is a truly incredible statement by JJ. James Obiora plays striker in Russia but is reportedly not interested in playing midfield for anyone.

But people who have seen him say he has excellent midfield potential.

I doubt Obiorah will ever be able to compete for eagus striker.

He should rethink because "there is more than one way to the market"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffi but I believe that a big club can still save Osaze and convert him into a Kaka over the next year or so. If AC Milan bought him and groomed him properly, they can cut out a lot of his excesses.

Besides, Osaze is not too far gone as he went to a footballing academy in Russia whwere he was taught a few things like how to shoot on sight and not engage in unnecesary showboating. I agree with you about the Argentine and Brazilian academies.

Even Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso and Ghana train their players that way too. Very soon, Nigeria will disappear from the footballing radar at this stage.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Waffi but I believe that a big club can still save Osaze and convert him into a Kaka over the next year or so. If AC Milan bought him and groomed him properly, they can cut out a lot of his excesses.

Besides, Osaze is not too far gone as he went to a footballing academy in Russia whwere he was taught a few things like how to shoot on sight and not engage in unnecesary showboating. I agree with you about the Argentine and Brazilian academies.

Even Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso and Ghana train their players that way too. Very soon, Nigeria will disappear from the footballing radar at this stage.
My bro, it is the long term harm of our non exsistent domestic grooming policy that is incalculable. When the Jay Jay generation of players are past it we are in real trouble.

Osaze has the football world at his feet, I just he has the right advisers who will give the rounded and solid advice as per his next career move.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Osaze is at about the same level of talent and development as Saviola and Andres D'Alessandro at they time they respectively left River Plate for Europe.

No reasonw hy Osaze could not make the the step up from La Louviere. Sometimes all players need is a good stage. Where was Didier Drigba a year ago. You'd be shocked if you knew. But today his is pimp-slapping top defenders all over Europe.

You have to remember too that Osaze's game is VERY team oriented, although he has his own skills too. Such a player ALWAYS looks better the more they step up a level, because now they are playing with better talent who can do more in combination with them.

The sky is the limit for the kid. You can never say for sure who will make it or not, but needless to say he's not lacking in talent nor intelligence. He justs needs a solid environment and to keep his current attitude to the game. Thats where players drop - they forget that you must be humble and keep learning, even when people are gassing your head up.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Frenchie wrote:

Let us see. If you were told in 1999, that Jooseph Yobo would ever be as good as Taribo West, you would have told whoever mentioned it he was mad. As you can see, a lot of our players have hidden abilities that come to the fore with proper training.
Ah, i remember you were one of those that said it will take Yobo and Okoronkwo five years to become SE material. :D :D That was just before Mali ANC.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I for one am not impressed with any of these clubs. Look at how Kaka wernt from Sao Paulo in Brazil straight into the AC Milan starting line up.

Osaze is a lot more exprerienced than Kaka and should be aiming for those kind of heights. We are yet to see Osaze's full repartoire of skills as he is a natural playmaker and I think he can prove to be as talented as Kaka.

By the way, Osaze is also in need of immediate physical development. He needs to develop upper body strength as he gets shoved off the ball too easily.

Nowhere will he get better physical training than in Italy. I would love to see him go to a team like Lazio or Juventus.
Please don't compare Osaze to Kaka! please.. I take God beg you!
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Jimi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I for one am not impressed with any of these clubs. Look at how Kaka wernt from Sao Paulo in Brazil straight into the AC Milan starting line up.

Osaze is a lot more exprerienced than Kaka and should be aiming for those kind of heights. We are yet to see Osaze's full repartoire of skills as he is a natural playmaker and I think he can prove to be as talented as Kaka.

By the way, Osaze is also in need of immediate physical development. He needs to develop upper body strength as he gets shoved off the ball too easily.

Nowhere will he get better physical training than in Italy. I would love to see him go to a team like Lazio or Juventus.

Please don't compare Osaze to Kaka! please.. I take God beg you!
Who the crap is Kaka anyway.
One good game and a good season has made him all that abi?
The man is overhyped abeg
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Ayo , don't be fooled. How can you compare sao paolo to Lalouivire or whatever ? Man tire o. This Eurocentrism na wao. Sao Paolo is a bigger and better club . The league is better and more technical.
Start by comparing them to Ajax.

BTW , Kaka was and is a more experienced player than Osaze. You can see he was a finished product going into Milan.

Another thing you fail to see is that Osaze is an African . Our stock is less than the Brazilians and Argentines in europe.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Fegwu

Post by Fegwu »

Osaze is not that good. He is just another overhyped player on his way to an impending "USELESS" status and qualification from the fans on this board and Nigerian football fans the world over.

I have seen the script already and I know this will end. His honeymoon will end in about 13 months and then another "flavour of the moment" will emmerge.........subsequently he will become history. The only good thing going for him now is his age........nothing else. He is more likely (IMHO) to end up in the history books as another mediocre player. He does not have outstanding skills, speed or football wit.

All the best to him nonetheless.
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

Talk IT wrote:Who the crap is Kaka anyway.
One good game and a good season has made him all that abi?
The man is overhyped abeg
After a troubled week Rui Costa spoke about his relationship with Kakà that has been keeping him on the bench for so many games.

"He is a fantastic player and I realise that when I don't play it's because the future golden ball is playing," he said. "Of course I don't like the bench but I am always ready and I hope that people understand that my behaviour is constructive and not negative".

source: http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u2315.html

Wtin you dey talk?
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

So Ayo, I am not dounting Osaze's talent, I wanted to point out two things, Osaze is not yet at Kaka's level (no fault of his) and Kaka plays from deep Central Midfield and has done so all his career. Osaze on the other hand as played on the Right Wing and as a number 10 for Insurance and his club in Belgium. It must be noted that he has been played as an out and out striker too in Belgium.

You watch Channel 5 last night. First I watch Dutch league then Argentinian. Watch the league in Argentina, you will be impressed. I am often left wondering, why can we not do the same back home? Argentina nor get money, they recently defaulted on the IMF loans, but they have a league which is professional and damn good with solid play and top notch coaches.

Ok why dont you try getting a defender in southamerica. i believe we have better defender back home(exclude romanus orjinta) than in the argentinian league
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

For me, Osaze's biggest problem is his lack of physical strength. He has absolutely no upper body strength and needs to be put on a rigorous fitness regime fast!!!!

If that can be done, the sky is the limit. He is another player in the mould of Kaka and Saviola and if he keeps his head down, he will make it big. Let us see where he ends up when he leaves La Louivre.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Frenchie, this just shows how little you know about Osaze. At his club, he plays on the right side of midfield and for Bendel Insurance he was a playmaker. He always operated as a playmaker prior to Tunisia 2004 and was originally in the squad as cover for JJ.

Osaze has never been a striker and was only drafted into that role against South Africa, Cameroon and Tunisia because the squad was depleted!
Chei and this is why this thread had to go 13 pages and counting

viewtopic.php?t=59105&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotti I bow for you
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Rogermilla wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Frenchie, this just shows how little you know about Osaze. At his club, he plays on the right side of midfield and for Bendel Insurance he was a playmaker. He always operated as a playmaker prior to Tunisia 2004 and was originally in the squad as cover for JJ.

Chei and this is why this thread had to go 13 pages and counting

viewtopic.php?t=59105&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotti I bow for you
Wayo at his finest, priceless :lol: :lol:
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."