Do you German CEs know how good this defender is?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Do you German CEs know how good this defender is?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Blackburn bring in defender Samba

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes has signed towering defender Christopher Samba from German club Hertha Berlin.

DR Congo international Samba, 22, has signed a three-and-a-half year deal and earned the move after a successful trial spell with the Ewood Park outfit.

"Chris came in last week," Hughes told the club's website. "I think you get a better idea of what players are about, and he impressed us. He is upwards of 6ft 5ins and a big powerful guy."

He added: "Sometimes when you have players of that stature they don't really leap to their maximum height but he certainly does.

"He's quick enough, he's got a big long stride and covers the ground very easily. he is also a good passer of the ball. We think he is a good addition to the squad."

Samba has already played for Hertha Berlin in the Uefa Cup this season and is ineligible to play for Blackburn in Europe for the rest of the campaign. "I'm very grateful that I'm here, I'm very happy to be here," said Samba.

"It's a dream for me to play in England in this league, and at a great club like Blackburn, it is perfect for me. It was a good experience (in Germany), I think of all the leagues it is the one that is most similar to the English league.

"It is a very strong league but in England it is more intensive and stronger."
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

played more for the reserve team but got 8 first team appearances this season.
Has a french passport but 2 caps for congo.
He is physicaly imposing and can harass his opponent.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

megapro wrote:played more for the reserve team but got 8 first team appearances this season.
Has a french passport but 2 caps for congo.
He is physicaly imposing and can harass his opponent.
Sounds like a player in the same kind of league as:

Souleymanou Diawara
Danny Shittu
Abdoulaye Meite
Talal ElKhakouri

I hope he does well in the Premiership. This now brings to three the number of DR Congo players in the Premiership:

Samba
Nonda
Lualua

These Leopards are gradually building up what will be a very good squad in a year's time. Just like Mali, Guinea and Ghana, they are starting to catch up with the big boys.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: These Leopards are gradually building up what will be a very good squad in a year's time. Just like Mali, Guinea and Ghana, they are starting to catch up with the big boys.
...the day I go meet you.... :evil:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

tfco wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote: These Leopards are gradually building up what will be a very good squad in a year's time. Just like Mali, Guinea and Ghana, they are starting to catch up with the big boys.
...the day I go meet you.... :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!