Ike Kalu and Segun Omolade get goals in Italy

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Ike Kalu and Segun Omolade get goals in Italy

Post by Paveman »

I noticed that both these guys got goals today. I have not been following that progress that much but I was happy to hear that they have scored important goals for ther respective clubs. They are two youngsters with immense potential.

Segun Omolade, after his good experience in Serie A last year, was loaned out to Novara in Italy's Serie C1 to get more playing time. Today, he grabbed a 90th minute goal to win his side a point away to Prato and seal the result at 2-2.

Ike Kalu, Uche Kalu's younger brother, is also on a loan spell from top side Sampdoria for whom he was in good form last year (Youth team). Ike grabbed his Pro Patria's solitary goal in the 73rd minute to score the equaliser against Lumezzane. The final result was 1-1.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nice one Paveman
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Wasent ike kalu one of the hey yous in our macth against Japan
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Bret-hart;

I agree with you that Ike Kalu was almost akin to a "Hey You" when he played against Japan. However with ONE BIG DIFFERENCE:

Unlike other older players who made appearances at an older age and with no particular prospect, this lad is a very big prospect for nigerian football.

At only 19 years of age, and at that point (when he played for the SE) ALMOST TOTALLY DEVOID of non-Youth football, he was certainly out of depth. This is obvious in my opinion. Play the most promising 16 year old in nigeria with the SE and he is bound to falter and look silly. His time will come. It was clearly to early to play him amongst the big boys.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Cheers for the update Paveman
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Nice one Paveman.
who no know go know.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

The future looks good for Nigeria!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)