What nonsense is this????

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet
What nonsense is this????

Post by Babalawo »

9pm i tune into AIT news to listen to whats going on in my country especially to catch the Latest on the on-going Anambra saga, the first news i hear is CCC releases a list of 22 players 4 the ANC, i sit up shocked and listen closely, i am baffled and report to CE and say brothers see wetin i dey hear using the term "Quoting AIT". I reported i heard only 2 homebased players were reported to camp, which is definately similar to what the vanguard newspaper reported. I never 4 once stated i was very sure or the truth of the list and it was open to critic, the next thing i see, the same people i call my brothers on this Forum throw insults at me, call me all sorts of names with different acuusations.
Please if i might state, do i look like a Jobless naija journalist looking 4 some cheap money? U think i have nothing better to do with my time than spread false rumour or cooking up 1?
I find it very disrespectfull to what some forumites here have done to tarnish my image on this forum.
When CCC released his 41-man list i clearly recollect i was the same person to report it here first, and it was almost from the same source AIT news, the list turned out to be true, so why on earth do u think i would want 2 spread a false gist?? Is my brother a footballer or my father that i would take 2 much interest in CCC's list?
Well i must say i must have made a big mistake in trying to do something good for the forum by picking up news and bringing it here to confirm, thank God it appeared on the Vanguard the Next day, id not only God would have know the kind of insults and abuses i would have recieved.
Anyway good luck to Ce.com.
Thanks.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus, you have to remember its Nigerians your dealing with. Shooting the messenger is a way of life for some people!!
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Nna why you com dey vex now...no be only small yabbis them give you...sey you be rumour monger :mrgreen: !!! Abeg, continue to post ya post..feel free!!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

No mind the all these part-time ekpa and guguru sellers :mrgreen:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

uzoma, like I said in your thread, I have never known you to peddle rumors and I am glad that the Vanguard backed up your assertions.

Don't be deterred by the insults. We need your contributions from the home front. Keep your chin up bro.
Upbendel
Egg
Egg
Re: What nonsense is this????

Post by Upbendel »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:9pm i tune into AIT news to listen to whats going on in my country especially to catch the Latest on the on-going Anambra saga, the first news i hear is CCC releases a list of 22 players 4 the ANC, i sit up shocked and listen closely, i am baffled and report to CE and say brothers see wetin i dey hear using the term "Quoting AIT". I reported i heard only 2 homebased players were reported to camp, which is definately similar to what the vanguard newspaper reported. I never 4 once stated i was very sure or the truth of the list and it was open to critic, the next thing i see, the same people i call my brothers on this Forum throw insults at me, call me all sorts of names with different acuusations.
Please if i might state, do i look like a Jobless naija journalist looking 4 some cheap money? U think i have nothing better to do with my time than spread false rumour or cooking up 1?
I find it very disrespectfull to what some forumites here have done to tarnish my image on this forum.
When CCC released his 41-man list i clearly recollect i was the same person to report it here first, and it was almost from the same source AIT news, the list turned out to be true, so why on earth do u think i would want 2 spread a false gist?? Is my brother a footballer or my father that i would take 2 much interest in CCC's list?
Well i must say i must have made a big mistake in trying to do something good for the forum by picking up news and bringing it here to confirm, thank God it appeared on the Vanguard the Next day, id not only God would have know the kind of insults and abuses i would have recieved.
Thanks.
Uzoma:
Well said but a lie is a lie no matter how many truth you have told in the past.
Work out the maths.
"God will give us the victory, but we must be willing to fight"!
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Uzoma,
as long as no be high-blood-pressure post...post ya post!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Uzoma,

You live in Naija and must know how naija operates by now. I am not saying people should insult you because of what you did and unfortunately you have to see things clearly at times from an overall point of view. There is a proverb that says "Look before you leap" you know that as the camp in Faro reaches it's final stages a lot of players will be let go by the coaches and the ones who will go to Tunisia will go. That is why players that we don't even know off will do whatever it takes along with their crooked agents, naija journalists, AIT a station that lacks customer service and all to make sure they start printing bogus lists to put pressure on CCC and NFA to make us think they were originally on the list. This is why having 41 players in camp swelling to 50 was a mistake and if we had proper organisation in place for a long time our ANC would have been known by November of last year...

Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes but when it comes to dealing with Naija you have to make sure all bases is covered. Who gave AIT the list it has to be someone on the inside most likely an unnamed NFA official who has contacts all over the place or maybe someone in the glass house with direct links to Lagos and Abuja? Either way someone is trying to undermine something behind the scenes to derail the whole process and won't be surprised if NFA officials had a hand in it.

Next time you should have sent a PM to Ayo or MD who have ground contacts in Faro to verify the whole thing before it comes out because now by the time the real list comes out we are going to here stories of foul play everywhere.

You did not do anything wrong because we have all posted so many things on CE in the past but you also have to look at everything from an overall point of view. Why was the list released today was it because ADIDAS officials went to Faro to meet with the coaches on the names and number they'll need to start putting the names on it? That means someone who has inside info on the ground in Faro, NFA or anywhere else knew ADIDAS officials would be there and feel by the time they leave Faro.

This is bound to happen and this is not the first time and won't be the last time... This has now put pressure on the coaches to wrap up their camp quickly by letting those who won't make the team leave camp immediately.

It's time for the list to be trimmed now as it will only cause confusion on who will be picked apart from the ones who know they will be there already.

Uzoma, take heart and be strong during the womens world cup and througout the time the Falcons were here in Philly even though i was on the ground and with the team and players, i let other CE members like MD. KOC and give the site daily updates on what was going on since i couldn't get to a PC at that time and i let it stay that way until i finally gave my own version of things...

Keep your eyes open Vanguard, AIT and others will do anything to get any false info to make them feel they are on top of things...
Last edited by MI5 on Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Upbendel so what u trying to say? that am lying?
Upbendel
Egg
Egg

Post by Upbendel »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:Upbendel so what u trying to say? that am lying?
Nope! But please always check your facts. AIT lied and you became an accessory to the crime. You aided them delivered the rumour to the rest of us.
You probably have very good intentions but relied on AIT for your source..
Next time you do a very good deed, all this will be forgotten. That is real life.............
"God will give us the victory, but we must be willing to fight"!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

UpBendel,

Do not blame Uzoma and the only thing Uzoma did wrong was believe in a TV station that can't boast of anything good they've done. They don't even have a program schedule...

Uzoma, You are in Naija no matter what especially something like this that is very sensitive especially since the decamping of players will take place soon because one way or the other the list has to be trimmed down... Look carefully because the forum went into a overdrive when you posted the list....

Upbendel wrote:
Nope! But please always check your facts. AIT lied and you became an accessory to the crime. You aided them delivered the rumour to the rest of us.
Next time you do a very good deed, all this will be forgotten. That is real life.............
Soldier of Fortune...
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Upbendel wrote:
And what do u think i meant when i used the term " am quoting AIT" Do u think i believed them, they did something similar on the list prior to the WC2002. And plz i didnt rely on them for my Info, i have never done and don't hope on doing esp. when it comes to sports.
I heard something very funny i reported as i heard, now some people just bought a cross 4 me 2 be nailed on. Well i think its because the news is from the home front, then it wasn,t believed, well "nothing good can come outta naija"-mentality is what am smelling here.
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

Uzoma,
Jou sabi as forumers dey regard Nigerian journalism, take am easy. You no categorically state say na the list be that.
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Uzuoma,

I understand. Afterall, AIT should be a credible source of information.

No vex.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

I don't really blame AIT 2 be sincere, they must have links in the NFA, and u should know in the broadcasting bizz, everyone wants to break the news 1st, so probably their source there must have given them the fake gist and they just aired it without clarifying the authenticity behind the list, the next morning Vanguard a respected paper in naija Carries it 2, so i think some stupid folks at the NFA are responsible for this scam and not me who reported to u.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Uzoma,

I see now you are looking at things differently now. The same NFA you defend here everyday is now the same NFA you are blaming. You think people just mouth off here when yabbing them but i guess been at home you are experiencing first hand what they can do and undo...

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:I don't really blame AIT 2 be sincere, they must have links in the NFA, and u should know in the broadcasting bizz, everyone wants to break the news 1st, so probably their source there must have given them the fake gist and they just aired it without clarifying the authenticity behind the list, the next morning Vanguard a respected paper in naija Carries it 2, so i think some stupid folks at the NFA are responsible for this scam and not me who reported to u.
Soldier of Fortune...
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Uzoma please dont waste ur time on validation. For crying out loud and we are Nigerians who know what our press is all about. Please dont burn your minutes on overkill......give us more juicy stuff.

Thumbs up so far.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

MI5 wrote:Uzoma,

I see now you are looking at things differently now. The same NFA you defend here everyday is now the same NFA you are blaming. You think people just mouth off here when yabbing them but i guess been at home you are experiencing first hand what they can do and undo...

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:I don't really blame AIT 2 be sincere, they must have links in the NFA, and u should know in the broadcasting bizz, everyone wants to break the news 1st, so probably their source there must have given them the fake gist and they just aired it without clarifying the authenticity behind the list, the next morning Vanguard a respected paper in naija Carries it 2, so i think some stupid folks at the NFA are responsible for this scam and not me who reported to u.
Don't get me wrong my good friend Mi5, u talking about my defending the NFA is like standing up for them when they do something stupid, nope, the NFA 4 sure is 1 crazy house, i only stand up 4 them when non-usefull insults are thrown at them. I have been always been an advocate 4 change in the Glass house like most of us, but mine comes from a different perspective and not what is done here which is sit back behind the monitor and pour out insults as if anyone from there is reading and actually cares. I have always emphasized that a change at d Glass house would only be effective if we as Naija sports loving Citizens rally around and put our heads together and look for ways of improving the mess, like sending letters, open forums, conducting interviews and so on.
KOC has just done something similar which is a brilliant idea.
So don't say i defend them as if standing up for any attrocities they commit.

Oga Suya i highly appreciate ur concern on d issue.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

u guys hat are still bashing Uzoma should stop it. AIT is a credible soiurce ofnews in NIgeria and if Nigerians don't believe it then who should? look, it hapens here, when US government is doing some propaganda, people believe .. that is just the power of teh press and unfortunately, 150million people in NIgeria now beleieve that CCC has released his list. If this story were true, what would u guys say? please Uzoma is no journalist to know which journalist is a liar or which media not to beleiive
peron33uk
Egg
Egg
Re: What nonsense is this????

Post by peron33uk »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:9pm i tune into AIT news to listen to whats going on in my country especially to catch the Latest on the on-going Anambra saga, the first news i hear is CCC releases a list of 22 players 4 the ANC, i sit up shocked and listen closely, i am baffled and report to CE and say brothers see wetin i dey hear using the term "Quoting AIT". I reported i heard only 2 homebased players were reported to camp, which is definately similar to what the vanguard newspaper reported. I never 4 once stated i was very sure or the truth of the list and it was open to critic, the next thing i see, the same people i call my brothers on this Forum throw insults at me, call me all sorts of names with different acuusations.
Thanks.

abeg tell me this is not true. these guys should be playing around. if it is Chei only God can help us.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Uzoma, you have no case to answer. You did not make up the story nor the list. What you did was to report it while giving credit to the source of the story. Why is that so difficult for some to understand?

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

No mind dem. Dem dey talk as if dem no dey post all sort of articles some wey be true and some wey be lie.

Just today someone post say Kanu dey go Celta Vigo and another person post say Kanu dey go Japan, small time some one go post say Wenger no wan make Kanu leave. All this based on what they read on the Internet, heard on TV...so what is the difference, in all this no one is setting out to lie, just reporting what they have heard.

You don talk say na so AIT talk for dem news, if anyone no fit comprehend dat, dem suppose go resit their First School leaving certificate. When no be say na you own AIT?

Abeg no dey waste you time explaining jare, just move on.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Oga Virus:

Abeg no vex with those wey yab you. It is wrong, but na so we dey behave here for internet.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."